Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Captain (RIP)

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Captain, another terrace legend gone
  • Options
    RIP Captain, devastating news from whence I posted originally in October. Shared a beer with him, Ian, Pete, Vince and many others over the last 10 years....will miss the 'Hiya Quincey (after Jack Klugman!) ....got any drugs!' shout out! A very sad day, will raise a glass to Dave Taylor tonight
  • Options
    very sad news RIP as already said by other people proper charlton.
  • Options
    very sad to hear this, he was a legend, he will have plenty of company up there though, RIP
  • Options
    Nah the lad in the blue blazer is frank.
  • Options
    RIP captain. Thoughts are with your family
  • Options
    mad83 said:

Nah the lad in the blue blazer is frank.

Cheers for that.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad, sad news. RIP mate. I'm sure everyone will have a funny story to tell about him, makes me smile now typing this to remember Captain once using the most swear words in one sentence I'd ever heard pre season at Dulwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very very happy memories from years ago when he stayed with me on his first trip up north to Dundee (not that he slept....he bloody partied). A total Legend. RIP mate. A glass or 3 shall be raised tonight.
  • Options
    Rip captain , seen at every game a part of what charlton is all about
  • Options
    BOLLOCKS. Just logged on and this has really ruined my mood.

RIP Captain. You will be missed.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    RIP
  • Options

Very very happy memories from years ago when he stayed with me on his first trip up north to Dundee (not that he slept....he bloody partied). A total Legend. RIP mate. A glass or 3 shall be raised tonight.

Nice post fella
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Captain
  • Options
    Away journeys were never boring when he was on them. Will be greatly missed. RIP Captain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. RIP fellow Addick.
  • Options
    I don't recognise him from the photo above but always sad to hear of the passing of an Addick.

RIP
  • Options
    New him as Tadpole Taylor, early 80's?. A real character.
  • Options
    RIP Dave x
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I found out in the mid afternoon on my way from sunny Wirral to Manchester to see my folks. I always find the M56 a very dull drive but this time I felt numb.

I had the pleasure of knowing Captain for about 12 years and will miss the 'Ouwiiiiit Pworrrkpoy" at the games! There was a time I was dating a Charlton fan and whenever together,he used to say quite loudly sometimes across the road "Oi Lisa, what the f**k are you still doing with him?!". That always had me in stitches. Another memorable time was the Hereford Cup game in 2009 when he sailed in with the biggest pack of Quavers ever and spent the next 120 minutes eating that and talking in the most colourful way to describe the poor quality of the game.

He always brightened my day and I always looked forward to bumping into him at the games.

The final time I saw him was the awayday at Burnley. The fixture was about 6 weeks after the Blackpool game which I commented about earlier in this thread. Dave really had deteriorated by the I saw him at Turf Moor and I dread to think how badly his health further deteriorated after that. I took a picture of us two at the match but I did not realise that it would be the last time I would see him.

Larger than life character who helped make follow CAFC a memorable one. It is an end to his suffering. Although his passing was inevitable, its still a great shock especially with how quickly it happened.

Ian C - you did a sterling job looking after him and I know how much of a close mate he was of yours. If there is an opportunity for everyone to pay their last respects, please let us know as I would like to take part.

Rest in peace captain. Away days will never be the same again.

Abs

• Options
    Nice post Absie old son. Hope you are ok too dude.
  • Options
    pork_pie said:

I found out in the mid afternoon on my way from sunny Wirral to Manchester to see my folks. I always find the M56 a very dull drive but this time I felt numb.

I had the pleasure of knowing Captain for about 12 years and will miss the 'Ouwiiiiit Pworrrkpoy" at the games! There was a time I was dating a Charlton fan and whenever together,he used to say quite loudly sometimes across the road "Oi Lisa, what the f**k are you still doing with him?!". That always had me in stitches. Another memorable time was the Hereford Cup game in 2009 when he sailed in with the biggest pack of Quavers ever and spent the net 120 minutes eating that and talking in the most colourful way to describe the poor quality of the game.

He always brightened my day and I always looked forward to bumping into him at the games.

The final time I saw him was the awayday at Burnley. The fixture was about 6 weeks after the Blackpool game which I commented about earlier in this thread. Dave really had deteriorated by the I saw him at Turf Moor and I dread to think how badly his health further deteriorated after that. I took a picture of us two at the match but I did not realise that it would be the last time I would see him.

Larger than life character who helped make follow CAFC a memorable one. It is an end to his suffering. Although his passing awat inevitable, its still a great shock especially with how quickly it happened.

Ian C - you did a sterling job looking after him and I know how much of a close mate he was of yours. If there is an opportunity for everyone to pay their last respects, please let us know as I would like to take part.

Abs

Nice post fella
  • Options
    pork_pie said:

I had the pleasure of knowing Captain for about 12 years and will miss the 'Ouwiiiiit Pworrrkpoy" at the games! There was a time I was dating a Charlton fan and whenever together,he used to say quite loudly sometimes across the road "Oi Lisa, what the f**k are you still doing with him?!". That always had me in stitches. Another memorable time was the Hereford Cup game in 2009 when he sailed in with the biggest pack of Quavers ever and spent the net 120 minutes eating that and talking in the most colourful way to describe the poor quality of the game.

Larger than life character who helped make follow CAFC a memorable one. It is an end to his suffering. Although his passing awat inevitable, its still a great shock especially with how quickly it happened.

Abs

That's a fantastic obituary, Abs. Saw the picture of you and Capt'n on Facebook. It truly is a good way to remember him.
  • Options
    Pork Pie what a great post, sitting on the train on way to Watford and choking up, if you get a chance post the picture, for everyone going today let's sing loud and proud for cappo.
  • Options
    Remembering the tale at Peterborough 30 plus years ago when some of our fans came a bit of a cropper with the locals. Captain was cornered by small mob with nowhere to go. As they closed in to give him a wallop he suddenly stood upright, raised a two fingered victory salute and said "peace man." He still got a wallop but that was class.