Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clattenberg

Comments

• On Twitter all the Chelski fans are like "oh it should be replayed", but when you tell them "You lost, deal with it" you automatically become a Utd fan, no logic in that.
  • He has form for this - sent Bellamy off for a dive when he was fouled. Also failed to send off the animal that snapped Martin Pringle's leg and ended his career. Ripped off his business partner. Had an absolute shocker in a merseyside derby. Won a game for Arsenal at the Valley, the goal that never was at Old Trafford, the Nani goal after he blew up for a free kick. You can't remember good refs, but you remember Clatty/ The game will be better off when he's removed for good.
  • Take him away from the game for being a bad ref. don’t ruin the mans life by labelling him a racist.
  • He should never be allowed to ref again
  • Can't believe Clattenburg is getting grief from all angles today, yet people seem to have already forgotten the much worse and laughably late decision made by the lino in the Liverpool game
  • If it gets this disgraceful mess of a ref out of the game for good, it's a good thing. Should never have been allowed to come back from his last enforced absence. Loves to put himself in the limelight with his controversial (wrong) decisions

this isn't a serious comment, is it ?
  • sounds like morts was his business partner!!

;-)
  • On Twitter all the Chelski fans are like "oh it should be replayed", but when you tell them "You lost, deal with it" you automatically become a Utd fan, no logic in that.

and they were so willing to do that after scoring the goal that wasnt after the FA Cup Semi last year, wasnt they?

• Goonerberg was a disgrace in the Arsenal game at the Valley - Van Persie should have gone for booting Piggybank, then he let him jump in the crowd (on a yellow) unpunished. Later on he didn't give a nailed on pen when Gallas lifted his arm to block Lisbies shot.

But.....this time round I'd agree with Paul, Chelsea are diverting attention from other things here.
  • edited October 2012

Graham Poll on TalkSport this morning said that he was once accused by Chelsea players of inappropriate language after a game in which they lost & he gave a controversial decision against them. He says he said nothing of the sort & it was 100% made up by the players at the time.

Vaguely recall this, guess who was the accuser .... John Terry, I think it was proved that Chelsea were lying.

Re the offside goal, this is one the lino should have seen, no blame on Clattenburg for this, he only has one pair of eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe Clattenburg is getting grief from all angles today, yet people seem to have already forgotten the much worse and laughably late decision made by the lino in the Liverpool game

Of course it could be argued that
    1) the free kick that led to the 'disallowed goal' was very soft
    2) Suarez could have been sent off earlier, his tackle for the booking could easily have been a red, and he did another bad tackle which put out Mirallas out of the game.
  • Torres - sorry, but he was clipped and had every right to hit the deck, we see this every week where penalties and free kicks are awarded. Hopefully, Clatterburger will look at the decision and cringe and maybe not be so quick in future to go for his cards. With that said I think Torres should have gone earlier for the high tackle.
  • I highly doubt he said anything racist but it says much about the fottball society that so many instantly dismissing it as lies by the Chelsea players, as they did initially with the Ferdinand/Terry incident.

• I cant believe the ref thought Torres dived.

I mean it was clear to me there was a touch when sky showed it in super slow-mo with the contact area being shown in a magnified circle....

The ref had one view of the incident - I didnt see any contact at 'live' speed.
  • Goonerberg was a disgrace in the Arsenal game at the Valley - Van Persie should have gone for booting Piggybank, then he let him jump in the crowd (on a yellow) unpunished. Later on he didn't give a nailed on pen when Gallas lifted his arm to block Lisbies shot.

But.....this time round I'd agree with Paul, Chelsea are diverting attention from other things here.

Thank You.
  • He has form for this - sent Bellamy off for a dive when he was fouled. Also failed to send off the animal that snapped Martin Pringle's leg and ended his career. Ripped off his business partner. Had an absolute shocker in a merseyside derby. Won a game for Arsenal at the Valley, the goal that never was at Old Trafford, the Nani goal after he blew up for a free kick. You can't remember good refs, but you remember Clatty/ The game will be better off when he's removed for good.

spot on couldnt agree anymore. i just dont trust him as a ref.

• Has to be Chelsea ......Torres made a meal of it .....

Chelsea are now turning into one big poxy moaning club ....
  • Think he should referee all Chelski's games!!
  • If Mark Clattenburg did indeed make a racist remark then Chelsea will be left with no option but to make him captain
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Tbh, other than the winner being offside, which is down to the assistant ref, thought Clattenberg had an ok game yesterday. Was spot on with the Ivanovic red and Torres justifiably got a 1st yellow and no matter how many times I saw the replay last night, if there was a touch on Torres, it was minimal at the most and he was going down before that point anyway.

Makes a change to see Clatternberg stitch up a team other than Spurs.

I had more sympathy with Ivanovic tbh, as he was trying to get out of the way but Young did what all good forwards should do in that position and cut across Ivanovic. The outcome was inevitable, but at Ivanovic was kind of helpless in that situation.

Torres dived. Yes he was touched, but contact alone is not always enough for it to be deemed a foul and even if it was he should have been trying to stay on his feet. I know hardly any players do anymore but that doesn't make it right for players to throw themselves down everytime some brushes against them. I'm sick of it now and it gets worse every year. I'd happily see mo innocent players sent off for diving if it cuts down on the amount of cheating in the long run.

He is overall a pretty shitty ref, but I thought he did okay yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Replays showed clear contact. And it wasn't slight either. Probably more contact than Ivanovic made. Why would he dive outside the penalty area? I would say that Man U have been the worst team for diving to win penalties and get opponents sent off over recent seasons so it was really vomit inducing listening to Ferguson's views on it after the game!
  • If you're moving fast forward and you feel an impact on your shin, your natural reaction isn't to continue your movement and allow your leg to get broken. The moment you feel impact you stop your forward motion and pull your leg away.
    Some people are going to expect players to stand and get their legs broken rather than jump out of the way.
  • Why would he dive outside the penalty area?

To get a free kick.
  • Mark Clattenburg has been pulled off Premier League duty this weekend as the FA investigates claims he used "inappropriate language" towards Chelsea players.

An official complaint from Chelsea alleges the referee twice overstepped the mark in separate incidents during the club's 3-2 home defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.

One of the incidents under investigation is understood to have involved Blues midfielder John Obi Mikel.

Clattenburg has promised to co-operate with the FA's ongoing probe, but in the meantime he has been stood down by the body which regulates top-flight officials.

A statement from the Professional Game Match Officials read: "We believe that, with any football match, the focus should not be on the officials but on the players and the game itself.

"Mark Clattenburg is one of the elite referees in world football and, in these circumstances, the intense level of scrutiny would detract from the match and be unfair to the clubs and the supporters of both sides."

Clattenburg wore a microphone at Stamford Bridge to help him communicate with his three assistants, who are all likely to be interviewed as the FA seeks to establish what was said.

The referee, meanwhile, is thought to have submitted an 'extraordinary incident report' - usually filed on matters that may require FA intervention.

And referees' union Prospect released a statement which read: "Prospect is offering full support to Mark Clattenburg in relation to the allegations made against him. It is now important that the allegations are fully investigated."
  • The ironic thing is 3 of the worse decisions all weekend were by the ASSISTANTS but they seem to not get named and "shamed"

Arsenal and Man U winners and Suarez "winner"

As for Torres...there is a good example for the players to not risk falling over so easily.

Hard luck on Chelsea though as they were the team in control.

Mind you I am sure they'll cope...
  • If Mark Clattenburg did indeed make a racist remark then Chelsea will be left with no option but to make him captain

Ha ha like it!
  • What are the odds Chelski are making this claim through being bad losers?
  • Nevermind what Clattenburg has or hasn't said, I am more interested in that weave he is sporting! Gives Rooney's hair hat a run for its money.
  • why are refs always blamed for linos mistakes? If refs could make offside decisions we would not need linos. Refs can only hope the Lino is right. As for Torres, he went down like the girl he is. Minimal contact, made the most of it, tried to con the ref. failed. Anyway should have been sent off for his earlier tackle. Sour grapes from Chelsea. I'm confident Clattenburg will not be charged with anything.
  • why are refs always blamed for linos mistakes? If refs could make offside decisions we would not need linos. Refs can only hope the Lino is right. As for Torres, he went down like the girl he is. Minimal contact, made the most of it, tried to con the ref. failed. Anyway should have been sent off for his earlier tackle. Sour grapes from Chelsea. I'm confident Clattenburg will not be charged with anything.

Hope you are right, Large. Clattenburg is a rather odd character, and I hadn't realised he was the one in charge when Pringle got done. But there is something fishy about Chelsea's claim. I mean you'd have to be really thick as a ref to make a racist remark in the current climate, and to a Chelsea player! Clattenburg doesnt seem to be thick, whatever else he is. And if he's not guilty, as others have said, Chelsea need to have the book thrown at them.