Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clattenberg

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't matter what clattenburg said, there is absolutely no way Chelsea can prove it and no way the fa won't back their man, and Chelsea know this. Its just a diversionary tactic and everybody knows it, so I'm not sure why Chelsea are trying, they can't be naive enough to think they will succeed or make the fa/prem forget about everything else.
  • Options
    Some might say Torres was lucky to still be on the pitch for planting a boot firmly in the chest of the Utd player.

Then there was the blatant body check on another Utd player (Valencia) - who he then booked for diving. I believe the Chelsea player (Mikel?) had already been booked, so also could've gone.

So, not all one way traffic, but Chelsea now appear to have finally confirmed their status as a "Big Club" with their continuous whining that the officials are always against them - just like the other "Big Clubs" - when we all know it's really the other way around.

• Options
    Here at Charlton we never complain , moan or blame the officials
  • Options

Here at Charlton we never complain , moan or blame the officials

We do - but the difference is that nobody listens!
  • Options
    "We woz robbed" has been in my charlton dictionary forever !
  • Options
    Now reported that a Chelsea player threatened to break Clattenberg's leg in the post match confrontation in the ref's dressing room - where players have no right to be. A lawyer from the Black Lawyers Society is now involved demanding Police investigation into the alleged 'racist remark'. This is turning into a circus and will ruin football if this continues. Anyone found to be lying here needs to be banned for life. I recall some Chelsea players publicly claiming a ref (Graham Poll?) stated during a game that he was going to 'deal' with Chelsea players, but this allegation was later retracted by all players. Disgrace.
  • Options
    I truly hope if clattenberg gets done, all referees make a pact to send send every single player off for any abusive language used on the pitch, then watch the poxy clubs and players claim it's passionate club, Chelsea are a muggy club always have been always will be, remeber them getting crowds of less than 10 thousand in bates's early days, one of my best days supporting Charlton was when we sent them pricks into the play off rlegation game with Boro
  • Options
    Good to hear Terry made the party.Prick!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Chelsea dispute the referees’ support for Clattenburg rigorously, alleging the Tyneside official called Mikel a “monkey” when booking him for dissent shortly after Javier Hernandez’s controversial winner for Manchester United. Chelsea also infer that Clattenburg described Juan Mata as a “Spanish t--t”.

The above in the Daily telegraph reported by Henry Winter.

If Clattenburg has said the above then that is the end of his career, if not, then throw the book at Chelsea.

The FA needs to resolve this by the end of this week, or it's the same farce as the Terry incident a year ago.
  • Options
    I just can't see it, it all seems like Chelsea are trying to move everything away from their players' and fans' behaviour. It's kept off the back page that Clattenburg himself was threatened by the players after the game and also a steward was hospitalised due to the fans.

If Clattenburg is found guilty, then yes he needs to be sacked. No doubt about that.

However if Chelsea are found to have made this up (as I suspect) to cover their own tracks then they need to be seriously punished. As Shirty says this needs to be resolved, and resolved quickly.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Chelsea dispute the referees’ support for Clattenburg rigorously, alleging the Tyneside official called Mikel a “monkey” when booking him for dissent shortly after Javier Hernandez’s controversial winner for Manchester United. Chelsea also infer that Clattenburg described Juan Mata as a “Spanish t--t”.

If Clattenburg has said the above then that is the end of his career, if not, then throw the book at Chelsea.

The FA needs to resolve this by the end of this week, or it's the same farce as the Terry incident a year ago.

Sorry, but that sounds like complete and utter bollocks.

As if ANY Premiership referee would EVER call a black player a monkey, this is total bullshit and fuelled by the Terry-Ferdinand saga and the loss to United.

This is football politics at its worst, Abrahmovich and his lieutenants have decided to play hardball and get one back over the PL/FA - they don't give a feck who gets in the way either.

How low can Chelsea sink?
  • Options
    I think that it's interesting that his surname rhymes with a cake whilst he is being defended in the press by Graham "Jam Roly" Poll-y.
  • Options
    there is no way clattenburg called mikel a 'monkey'. absolutely no way.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I think itis interesting that, presumably, Chelsea have also gone to the Police who will find it difficult to come up with hard evidence. I wonder if this is a way of extending the time that Clattenburg is not allowed to officiate as the FA presumably will do nothing while there is a police investigation.

If Clattenburg did say it then he should be sacked not just for racism but alos straight stupidity.

I find it very difficult to believe that this is not a chelsea players concocted story

Edit: Was not Chelsea who reported to the Police
  • Options
    As thick as he might or might not be I just can't see that he would be stupid enough to say something like that.
  • Options
    Well, he may have called him a cheeky monkey and it was taken out of context ;-)

As much as I dislike Clattenburg for the time's he has stitched up Spurs, I cant believe that he would have said that.
  • Options
    I fail to believe Clattenberg would say that, however with one word against another it is unlikely any party will receive the punishment one clearly deserves
  • Options

Good to hear Terry made the party.Prick!

To be fair to Terry, he only went in there because he heard that Clattenburg had just won a game of solitaire on his laptop, and wanted to celebrate his part in the victory
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To call a black player that is the mark of an uneducated idiot, who we often hear chanting in places like Serbia and other Balkan regions - I do not believe that any professional referee would do that. I feel that someone has wound up Mikel by feeding him the line that Clattenberg called him that to inflame the situation. It has now gone too far, but whether someone will admit to making it up now is very doubtful.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

As thick as he might or might not be I just can't see that he would be stupid enough to say something like that.

Especially given what's gone in the last few weeks.

I think Ormiston's right. Hand of Abramovic. Money can't buy class.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I really can't believe that Clattenberg would be so thoroughly stupid, especially given the recent year long furore, to use racist language even in the heat of what was a very torrid situation. If Mikel has wrongly accused Clattenburg, he should be banned from English football for life.
    Clattenberg's competence as a referee is another thing. His performance on Sunday was dreadful. The more I see of the top high pressure games, when players are constantly cheating, where the players have brought the art of the 'butterfly kiss' foul to a high level, where packed goal mouths with jostling and pushing make it almost impossible for officials to see what is going on, the more I see these things, the clearer it becomes to me that more officials are needed to control the game. Hockey for instance, a referee for each half. One egotistical referee with the assistance of two men who are off the pitch and possibly a long way from the action, no matter how eagle eyed and perceptive he be, is no longer enough to control this high paced game which is increasingly played by cheats, con men and actors.
  • Options
    Torres was slightly clipped but dived to try to get a free kick and maybe get the united player sent off. Clattenberg should have used his common sense to warn Torres, especially when Chelsea were down to ten men but being a bit of a jerk he picks out his yellow card. As Curbs said, this ending off spoilt the game. Where oh where is the common sense?
    As for the name calling it's just handbags. Chelsea are bloody awful losers.
  • Options
    I struggle to beleive this would be true. But i guess if it is then Clattenburg needs to be fined a couple of weeks wages and banned for 4 games. Chelsea have already shown they feel this type of punishment is more than enough for racially inappropriate language.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Completely agree. Everyone should have a balanced opinion as well and try not to let the hatred for either party cloud judgements.
  • Options
    Let's see,,,
    Chelski, despicable football club
    Manure, despicable football club
    Clattenberk, despicable referee
    Hmmmmm, don't give a shit !
  • Options
    my theory is that there was a disagreement over the booking/free kick/whatever and Clattenberg has said something along the lines of 'I don't give a Monkey's' in response to the constant moaning from Chelsea players.....this has subsequently escalated
  • Options
    I call my mate a "Norvan monkey" all the time.
    I call my son a "cheeky monkey" all the time.
    I went to "Monkey World" whilst on holiday this year.

I didn't realise the word "monkey" was so racist. Me bad.
  • Options
    Following their own logic I presume Chelsea fans will have to boo Mata and Mikkel if this case progresses?