Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

seth plum said:

Playing 'won't get fooled again' kind of says it all about enduring class.
    I am not sure if 'N's in Paris' will have the same resonance and impact in 44 years time.

Jesus Walks is considered one of the best raps ever and is in pretty much every best song of the decade etc list. It's just not going to be played on Absolute or whatever to keep it in the mainstream
    There are only three good raps,

Rappers Delight - The Sugerhill Gang
    Rapture - Blondie
    John Barnes on World in Motion - Englandneworder
    Plenty of old farts were saying exactly the same sort of stuff about rock and roll in the 50s and 60s.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Tonight I watched -

The Who - I though they were excellent. Surprised me how good, especially reading some of the comments here.

Chemical Brothers - Very good, if it's your bag & the lighting/images unbelieveable.

The Fall - I've never been a fan. My Millwall mate has loved them since back in the day. But I've never got Mark E Smith. He reminds me of The Wealdstone Raider now. Do you want some ?

FFS - Appropriate name. It's actually Franz Ferdinand & Sparks. Completely bizarre. Russell Mael looks like a gay Hitler. No offence meant to gays. Weird, weird, weird.
  • Options
    Nice to see so many people having a good time .. Lionel Richie ? .. 66 going on 30, surprised how well he went down .. but he was backed by a superb band ..
  • Options
    I went there thought Kanye West was pretty good, the who didn't really impress me thought they sounded dull but maybe I missed something.Hot Chip was great on Friday gutted I didn't get to see Florence though.
  • Options
    Watched Rudimental's set back last night. They are so so good. Genuinely looked like they were having a blast on stage. Proving beyond doubt that Electronic music can be from the soul.
  • Options
    Best act by far at Glastonbury was Ryan Adams who closed the Park stage on Sunday seen him many times but he completely blew the competition away. The Who - who?
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Best act by far at Glastonbury was Ryan Adams who closed the Park stage on Sunday seen him many times but he completely blew the competition away. The Who - who?

He possibly appeals to women ? I thought he was poor.

Unfortunately, he's supporting Noel Gallagher, at The Calling Festival on Saturday. This will be my drink/toilet time.
  • Options

kimbo said:

Unfortunately, he's supporting Noel Gallagher, at The Calling Festival on Saturday. This will be my drink/toilet time.
    Use that time to watch Wolf Alice. Great album that.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

kimbo said:

Use that time to watch Wolf Alice. Great album that.
    Yes, she/they are on the other stage.
  • Options
    I prefer the south east corner, luckily that never makes it on TV so most people at home don't even know it exits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How the hell do these shysters still get away with charging a f*****g fortune for tickets and still can't organise a piss up in a brewery?

Whilst they can't help the weather, you would think by now they'd have done something to mitigate the problem (drainage, limit numbers, hard standing tracks to the campsites etc) instead of inferring the mud is part of the "experience"

• Options

How the hell do these shysters still get away with charging a f*****g fortune for tickets and still can't organise a piss up in a brewery?

Whilst they can't help the weather, you would think by now they'd have done something to mitigate the problem (drainage, limit numbers, hard standing tracks to the campsites etc) instead of inferring the mud is part of the "experience"

There are many things they can control, but the weather isn't one of them!

if less people drove to glastonbury, you'd have less issues. the roads would be clearer for coaches to transport everyone, plus the shuttle buses from the station.

there is always a bottle neck getting in and getting out. i sat in a car park on the monday for 8 hours one year, just becuase of the sheer amount of cars to get out of a single gate. the same happens at bluewater at closing time, the o2 when a concert kicks out.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Pretty stoked about this one 

• Options
    yeah, should draw a lot of the crowds away from the decent acts on other stages. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    yeah, should draw a lot of the crowds away from the decent acts on other stages. 
    Pyramid headliners are a great time to get to places on the SE corner where the queues are usually too long to get in. 
  • Options
    Macca on the Pyramid reminded me of the song Pubic Hair Ltd by Sleaford Mods

I'm sick of all this pissy sell-outs
    Ignoring actuality
    Everything that made them great
    Lost it's validity
    Who gives a fuck about yesterdays heroes
    Who seem to think they are still today's heroes
    It's not a pyramid
    You're not a fucking pharaoh
  • Options
    I have to admit that I'd never heard of her before tonight, but I was surprised at how good Billie Eilish was. She's written some fine songs there.

I understand that she's the youngest ever headliner and I suppose that Paul will be the oldest ever tomorrow.

It's great to have Glastonbury back.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Billie Eilish is a generational talent

As for the BBC I'm not sure they could have chosen a shitter pair of presenters
  • Options
    I have to admit that I'd never heard of her before tonight, but I was surprised at how good Billie Eilish was. She's written some fine songs there.

I understand that she's the youngest ever headliner and I suppose that Paul will be the oldest ever tomorrow.

Billie was outstanding. ‘Everything I Wanted’ is one of my favourite songs. She is a one-off but both her and Finneas are so talented.

Not my usual cup of tea but I thought Foals put on a good set too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BE definitely not my cup of tea. 

I found it very dirgy and really struggled to make out the lyrics. 

Turned it over to Foals after about 4 songs. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Billie Eilish wasn't for me, either, bit mumbly, and flat. But then I'm getting old, I'm out of touch, and I'm not the target audience I guess!

Would have gone to Primal Scream instead if I was there.

Sam Fender was good though.
  • Options
    I'm off to see Sam Fender in a few weeks, thought the set was dire. I like both his records, but what a bore live!

Wet Leg looked like they were having the best time ever. Very impressed with their drummer. Shitty lyrics, but that's part of the charm.

Blossoms were great, wasn't a massive fan before their last record came out. Really liked their ensemble, two extra percussionists as well as a kit. 
  • Options
    Four tet absolutely smashed it. Must have been some wonky legs after that set.
  • Options

Not trying to make you feel bad Jimmy but she sang the last Bond movie theme - it has 80 million views on Youtube.  :)
  • Options
    I really enjoyed St Vincent last night, brilliant togetherness from the band , fun quirky and edgy all rolled into one.
  • Options
    Only ones I enjoyed were Supergrass and Crowded House 
  • Options
    I really enjoyed Robert Plants set with Alison Krauss....also Crowded House and Supergrass.
    Billie Eilish was OK, but not really my cup of tea.
    Looking forward to today's sets especially Macca's tonight.

• Options
    Love Sam Fender, but expected it to be a lot better 
  • Options
    Saw about 4 or 5 songs by Billie Eilish. 
    Had to put subtitles on to try and understand the lyrics. 

Not my cup of tea but then again the music I listened to at that age wasn’t appealing to 50 year olds either. 

She is obviously very talented though as is her brother.