Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Only ones I enjoyed were Supergrass and Crowded House 
    Supergrass are the band I have probably seen most live at festivals or in concert themselves. 

always deliver a good set. 
  • Options
    Four tet absolutely smashed it. Must have been some wonky legs after that set.
    Some very wonky people during it. Looked amazing tbf.
  • Options
    I only saw Plant and Krauss.
    I thought it was good, creative and atmospheric and excellent musicianship.
    Not sure what the young would make of it.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed Wet Leg, Arlo Parks and of course Supergrass. I didn’t know a lot about Billie Eilish, I was impressed with her performance, not my kind of music but what a show…
  • Options
    Sleaford Mods at 4pm was a stroke of genius. Some of the crowd looked stunned. They were as good as ever and seem to have adopted full on dad dancing.

Jesus and Mary Chain smashed it as well. Never managed to see them live before.
  • Options
    Confidence man, blossoms and crowded house were really good. Not heard the first two before but impressed.

wolf alice, hmm. I like rock but that was lacking any kind of hook, all sounded very bland.

billy eilish - didn’t do anything for me, a bit bland like wolf alice.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Merged would they be Wolf Eilish or Billy Alice?
  • Options
    Quite enjoyed Sam Fender. His face lit up when the crowd sang back 17 & Under to him.  Jesus & Mary Chain were excellent and Primal Scream were superb after a slow start. Will try and catch up with a few others over the next few days.
  • Options
    Foals are so good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyed what I saw of TLC and the live band, always got to be difficult without Lisa Lopes, even 20 years on but they did a good job
  • Options
    khruangbin, Foals, J&MC and Supergrass probably my stand outs from day one, about to catch up with Blossoms and Crowded House then settle in for a day of live music.
  • Options
    Where is gods name have the BBC got these presenters from, red hair man is the worst but the rest of them are shocking. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Definitely not in Billie Eilish's target audience but loved her set, staging and lights spectacular
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I have to admit that I'd never heard of her before tonight, but I was surprised at how good Billie Eilish was. She's written some fine songs there.

I understand that she's the youngest ever headliner and I suppose that Paul will be the oldest ever tomorrow.

It's great to have Glastonbury back.
    Not trying to make you feel bad Jimmy but she sang the last Bond movie theme - it has 80 million views on Youtube.  :)
    No need to worry about making me feel bad - I don't care. In fact I just listened to her this lunchtime and her recordings sound annoying. She sings in what I call this trendy 'fake emotion' tone that I find grating. This is probably why until now I've never listened to her songs. If I hear artists with this 'fake emotion' singing where they try to sound like they're in permanent emotional pain then I turn off. Last night however, she sang in a normal voice. 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Foals looked unreal last night 
    One of my favourite bands, so good live.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Confidence man, blossoms and crowded house were really good. Not heard the first two before but impressed.

wolf alice, hmm. I like rock but that was lacking any kind of hook, all sounded very bland.

billy eilish - didn’t do anything for me, a bit bland like wolf alice.
    Wolf Alice musically are great live but Im not keen on Ellie's live vocals, definitely a case of she sounds better on the albums, very similar to Ian Brown and Tim Burgess, both great on the records but I've never been keen on either live.
  • Options
    I record the music festivals and then you can fast forward as appropriate.
    I thought it was all pretty rank yesterday.
    Isle of Wight festival last week (might still be available on Sky) was miles better in my mind, but it's all about personal likes.
  • Options
    Only ones I enjoyed were Supergrass and Crowded House 
    Get with it, grandad.
  • Options
    I’m surprised closed house are still touring. Still that said saw the proclaimers at the Isle of Wight festival. Never fail to piss me off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slightly regret cancelling our tickets for this year, nice actually waking up though today and not hanging out of my arse !
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Slightly regret cancelling our tickets for this year, nice actually waking up though today and not hanging out of my arse !
    What a lovely turn of phrase  :D
  • Options
    Skunk Anansie ❤️ (Little Reza heart)

• Options
    Four tet absolutely smashed it. Must have been some wonky legs after that set.
    Don’t know if it’s being streamed anywhere but check Floating Points set, think it’s tonight?
  • Options
    Skunk Anansie ❤️ (Little Reza heart)

Great band
  • Options
    My first time watching 'Gabriels' not sure what to make of them tbh! 
    New school Motown maybe?
  • Options
    Ralph McTell on Acoustic Stage at 9. Streets Of London one of my favourites
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Ralph McTell on Acoustic Stage at 9. Streets Of London one of my favourites
    https://youtu.be/p1YNEtaHbzA