Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    That ending was fucking legendary!
  • Options
    Bruces guitar solos sound like the bit in Tom and Jerry where their whiskers get pulled out
  • Options
    I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    I don’t know. Would have been legendary with Mull of Kintyre  ;)
  • Options
    I really enjoyed that.

They were way before my time but I got into the  Beatles over lockdown and I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner. 

There were kids there younger than mine singing all the words. Timeless. So glad I watched that.
  • Options
    So I hope that puts to bed once and for all these absurd who's best, The Beatles v The Rolling Stones or ABBA questions.

That was the ultimate headline act. 
    And in the end……....................
    Sir Paul forever.♥️

• Options
    Nearly two and a half hours. Take that Red Hot Chilli Peppers!
    Yeah but to be fair a rhcp’s music is alot more physically demanding than Pauls.
  • Options
    So I hope that puts to bed once and for all these absurd who's best, The Beatles v The Rolling Stones or ABBA questions.

That was the ultimate headline act. 
    And in the end……....................
    Sir Paul forever.♥️

Yes it does…conclusively. It’s not the Rolling Stones.

• Options
    Blimey, I think we eventually turned off just after 1am after Helter Skelter but looked like he was about to start another song.

More energy than me thats for sure...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No doubt he is a legend but I had to turn off after an hour - couldn’t handle the vocals being so bad. 
  • Options
    Yeah the voice was wobbly, but from time to time we could still detect the old McCartney twang.
    But feck me the back catalogue!
    And he could very likely have done another set of the same length from amazing songs he left out.
    Nothing wrong with aspiring to rock and roll at an advanced age, even I have been known to jig around the living room to DigDat, and nobody is more of and old git than me.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Blimey, I think we eventually turned off just after 1am after Helter Skelter but looked like he was about to start another song.

It wasn't live
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

It wasn't live
    What makes you say that?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    colthe3rd said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

It wasn't live
    What makes you say that?
    BBC stream started an hour late. The gig started at 9:30.
  • Options
    Main event tonight for me. 

Expect some negative comments later from everyone else that doesn't get hip hop. 
  • Options

Expect some negative comments later from everyone else that doesn't get hip hop. 
    I'm looking forward to Kendrick too.
  • Options
    Paul McCartney is truly the best of British. What an icon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2022/ippodromo-del-galoppo-di-san-siro-milan-italy-73b5b255.html

Judging from this setlist it's going to be greatest hits from start to finish. 
  • Options

I used to think that, its just a difference of taste mate. For people getting fuzzy in the gusset about Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Kendrick Lamarr will be like reading a book af Arabic scripture 

I'll watch, I thought his performance at the brit awards a few years ago was shite but I can blame that on ITV censoring pretty much every lyric but clearly there is something about him. In truth Paul McCartney doesn't mean much to me personally, I was born waaaay after the Beatles and as much as I can appreciate what they did for popular music and their songs on their own merit it doesn't hit me as much as say Noel Gallagher. I'll give it a spin though and get judgie after that. 

What I will say is Yungblub were different class. The frontman was insane, guitarist a legitimate guitar hero and they had plenty bangers 

Sleaford Mods, Wet Leg, the always excellent Wolf Alice and HAIM all caught my eye and in the case of HAIM I didnt realise how much talent they had in their collective locker. Thought it was just bassy pop with a hilarious bass player 
  • Options
    Enjoyed McCartney yesterday but won't be watching tonight, not my cup of tea I'm afraid. Sure those who are there will enjoy it however.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Yeah the voice was wobbly, but from time to time we could still detect the old McCartney twang.
    But feck me the back catalogue!
    And he could very likely have done another set of the same length from amazing songs he left out.
    Nothing wrong with aspiring to rock and roll at an advanced age, even I have been known to jig around the living room to DigDat, and nobody is more of and old git than me.
    “an” not “and”

Rest of its right though.  Goodonya Seth.
  • Options
    Pet Shop Boys tonight  :)
  • Options
    I was unimpressed by Noelle Gallagher but clearly he is popular with others.
    I got the impression that he was dismissive and cynical about performing in what ostensibly is supposed to be an uplifting experience for everybody, I found that alienating personally.
    Should a performer take the stance that he or she is doing the audience a favour, or should a performer be glad there is an audience?
  • Options
    Carter said:

I used to think that, its just a difference of taste mate. For people getting fuzzy in the gusset about Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Kendrick Lamarr will be like reading a book af Arabic scripture 

I'll watch, I thought his performance at the brit awards a few years ago was shite but I can blame that on ITV censoring pretty much every lyric but clearly there is something about him. In truth Paul McCartney doesn't mean much to me personally, I was born waaaay after the Beatles and as much as I can appreciate what they did for popular music and their songs on their own merit it doesn't hit me as much as say Noel Gallagher. I'll give it a spin though and get judgie after that. 

What I will say is Yungblub were different class. The frontman was insane, guitarist a legitimate guitar hero and they had plenty bangers 

Sleaford Mods, Wet Leg, the always excellent Wolf Alice and HAIM all caught my eye and in the case of HAIM I didnt realise how much talent they had in their collective locker. Thought it was just bassy pop with a hilarious bass player 
    The difference is no one would call Paul McCartney/another band 'not real music'. 

But those kind of comments will be out in force tonight. Difference between saying something isn't to your taste and slagging off the genre altogether. 
  • Options
    Just see a video of Jagger at their concert last night. He's still up and down the stage in his late 70s n all
  • Options
    Jack White is doing a secret set at 6pm, hopefully should be able to watch live as it's on the park stage.