Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Just see a video of Jagger at their concert last night. He's still up and down the stage in his late 70s n all
    It was amazing 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I was unimpressed by Noelle Gallagher but clearly he is popular with others.
    I got the impression that he was dismissive and cynical about performing in what ostensibly is supposed to be an uplifting experience for everybody, I found that alienating personally.
    Should a performer take the stance that he or she is doing the audience a favour, or should a performer be glad there is an audience?
    He was interviewed by Jo Whiley after & he came across well.
    His stage persona is totally different.
    He had a ball & was off to rock out with his Manc mates for the rest of the festival.
    Whatever people like I suppose. I would prefer the performer to want the audience to have a ball too, prefer it to a take it or leave it stance personally.
    I wonder if he preferred to rock out with his paying audience, or later with his small entourage of Manc mates.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I was unimpressed by Noelle Gallagher but clearly he is popular with others.
    I got the impression that he was dismissive and cynical about performing in what ostensibly is supposed to be an uplifting experience for everybody, I found that alienating personally.
    Should a performer take the stance that he or she is doing the audience a favour, or should a performer be glad there is an audience?
    He was interviewed by Jo Whiley after & he came across well.
    His stage persona is totally different.
    He had a ball & was off to rock out with his Manc mates for the rest of the festival.
    Whatever people like I suppose. I would prefer the performer to want the audience to have a ball too, prefer it to a take it or leave it stance personally.
    I wonder if he preferred to rock out with his paying audience, or later with his small entourage of Manc mates.
    If you think a performance is great, you're right.  And if you think it's terrible, you're also right.  It's all about taste. 
  • Options
    Noel Gallagher seems to be going through this phase at the moment (ok, the last 4-5 years) where he insists on playing a load of material from his last album which didn’t really connect that well with people.

He knows most of the crowd have very little interest in it, which seemingly spurs him on to keep doing it. 
  • Options
    Who recommended Confidence Man? Fucking brilliant, Australia has a way of producing these acts, Cut Copy being the most obvious
  • Options

• Options
    Never heard of Jack White :-(

• Options
    Who had the Sunday afternoon slot?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Have I been whooshed here???
  • Options
    George Ezra
  • Options

Jack White of duo The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army etc.
  • Options

Perhaps stick with The Frog Chorus 😉
  • Options
    George Ezra
    Gap year boy needed elsewhere 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Who recommended Confidence Man? Fucking brilliant, Australia has a way of producing these acts, Cut Copy being the most obvious
    Saw Confidence Man supporting Noel Gallagher last week at Kenwood House. Couldn’t take your eyes of them - fascinating act. 
  • Options
    Diana Ross’s onstage movement reminds me of Ozzy Osbourne
  • Options
    She sounds awful 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    She sounds awful 
    It’s like they get pointed to the stage and told “keep facing the audience and keep smiling”

Total love and respect for her body of work though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    That’s interesting, new song in a different key and she’s way better!

Hope noone chucks a bat 🦇 onstage!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Rothko said:
    You are welcome @Rothko - watched their set twice on iplayer - so much energy.
  • Options

Perhaps stick with The Frog Chorus 😉
    Ease up mate, we all stand together 
    Bom bom…🐸
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    She sounds awful 
    Was really good in that Weetabix advert 
  • Options
    Wind here is messing with the acoustics big time, but she is not helping either 🥲 The people singing around me are better 🤣
  • Options
    So I hope that puts to bed once and for all these absurd who's best, The Beatles v The Rolling Stones or ABBA questions.

That was the ultimate headline act. 
    And in the end……....................
    Sir Paul forever.♥️

Yes it does…conclusively. It’s the Rolling Stones.
    Just been listening to the Stones ‘Live at El Morcambo 1977’ album. It’s probably the best Rolling Stones album I’ve heard, certainly very good American style rock ‘n’ roll. But at the end of the day they were just a very very good ‘rock ‘n’ roll’ band. The Beatles somehow straddled genres and broke more boundaries in the stones ever did.
    Fab Macca’s voice was very up and down last night, but wow, I’d love to be able to be that spritely at 80. Unbelievable. 
    It was quite a set list, but I’m sure we’d all have liked to tweak it a bit to include more of our personal favourites (and to remove some of the songs we’re not so keen on). My highlight was where John joined him using footage from the Get Back movie. That was a song I never rated until Get Back came out. I thought it sounded quite contemporary somehow. A little bit of edge to it. 
  • Options
    The band on the Peel stage couldn’t be any more Australian!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    For some reason iPlayer still not showing the McCartney set??
    Well I can't find it.
  • Options
    For some reason iPlayer still not showing the McCartney set??
    Well I can't find it.
    It's on catch up if you're still with Virgin.