Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Crowd are loving it. 

Looks incredible. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Is it just me or is the mixing bad? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is it just me or is the mixing bad?
    Think the crowd mic has blown. Seems whenever they're loud it seems like an ocean has crashed into his set. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    paulfox said:
    Jints said:
    Wow what an opening from Kendrick
    Wow was it?😂, I’m really missing the hype on this one, what’s the thorn crown about?. 
    He has risen.
  • Options
    Kendrick Lamar, don't really get it but can see lots do so I guess I'm the one missing out. To me it's poetry over a backing track.

Give me actual musicians and a melody any day. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    If ive done 4 days at Glasto, Bicep would send me to space. Their production is ridiculous 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    paulfox said:
    Jints said:
    Wow was it?😂, I’m really missing the hype on this one, what’s the thorn crown about?. 
    He has risen.
    I wasn’t being flippant, I really don’t know the significance of it for him? Although dare I say I don’t really know his music, and don’t just assume it’s because it’s rap. Obviously a message being sent.🤷🏻‍♂️At least I got a cheap lol🤣 … I shall study.👍
  • Options
    Kendrick Lamar, don't really get it but can see lots do so I guess I'm the one missing out. To me it's poetry over a backing track.

They’re a bit lacking tonight.
  • Options

Isn’t every song just poetry over a backing track?

I don’t know the songs and can’t understand the lyrics. Subtitles are couple of lines behind so makes it even worse. Gonna turn over to Pet Shop Boys 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I don’t know the songs and can’t understand the lyrics. Subtitles are couple of lines behind so makes it even worse. Gonna turn over to Pet Shop Boys 
    Did the same and switched to the pet shop boys. I might just actually switch it off. Not impressed at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If ive done 4 days at Glasto, Bicep would send me to space. Their production is ridiculous 
    That’s a big old lighting setup, completely taken up the entire stage!
  • Options
    Sound is so much better now.
  • Options
    Think KL’s delivery is awesome even though rap ain’t really my bag, he has said the F word 400 time already though. One stage has all the the young kids and they other the old
    gits. One stage stage has the majority of melodic ditties though.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    paulfox said:
    Jints said:
    He has risen.
    Bit like my Yorkshire puddings this afternoon!!👍, they were great.😜
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Rapping is so much more complex than poetry,  the breath control. Delivery, timing, cadence, pitch control. The thing with Kendrick you have to listen to his albums as every one tells and paints a story, the guy won a Pulitzer prize because he is that good at doing it
  • Options
    That’s a big old lighting setup, completely taken up the entire stage!
    They’re so good, loving this 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Rapping is so much more complex than poetry,  the breath control. Delivery, timing, cadence, pitch control. The thing with Kendrick you have to listen to his albums as every one tells and paints a story, the guy won a Pulitzer prize because he is that good at doing it
    My Nan would have got a Pulitzer, listening to the expletives in his music, she would have been having to control her breathing with shock!!😂
  • Options
    Jarvis Cocker was a bit  poo.
  • Options
    Bicep have absolutely smashed it. What a set 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All those that can't handle a few swear words would hate to go to a football game!
    Ffs! , it was humour, I swear like a fucking trooper. My Nan didn’t. I do think our Kendrick is boring as fuck though however talented he is. And I’m not dismissing his talent by the way.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    All those that can't handle a few swear words would hate to go to a football game!
    Ffs! , it was humour, I swear like a fucking trooper. My Nan didn’t. I do think our Kendrick is boring as fuck though however talented he is. And I’m not dismissing his talent by the way.
     If it comforts you, the music isn't really written or performed with you in mind. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
     If it comforts you, the music isn't really written or performed with you in mind. 
    That’s not stereotyping at all, if it comforts you, I’ll say I like it then.
  • Options
    Bicep have absolutely smashed it. What a set 
    My Glasto closers, perfect for it 💪
  • Options
    Swearing at a football game is a requirement and generally has a point to it. Swearing is great but when overdone gets a bit cliched ans tiresome.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Aggg glue what a tune
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I think you misunderstood my reply to the poetry comment. 

All music whether rap, rock, opera whatever, is basically poetry (the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm) placed over a backing track. 

They all also use breath control, delivery etc - that is not particular to rap 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Bicep playing apricots is just unreal….
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    MrOneLung said:

My Nan would have got a Pulitzer, listening to the expletives in his music, she would have been having to control her breathing with shock!!😂
    If I had the upbringing he had in one of the harshest areas of Los Angeles, I'd be swearing like a trooper as well. That's hip hop it's unfiltered and some rappers do come and go, but those with substance stick around. I always tell people who poo poo rap or the content of rap to listen to the greatest album in the genres history, Nas Illmatic album, released in 1994. 
  • Options
    Pet Shop Boys set is brilliant as expected.

Agreed about Olly Alexander. Years and Years were brilliant as a three piece when they released their first album, but it’s quite awkward watching him sing live. Really struggles.