Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    The sound is terrible for Aitch's set. 
  • Options
    Rap acts do sometimes struggle to translate well on big stages. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Bizarre that the lad who once sung "You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham..." is now doing his best Vegas lounge-singer impersonation, when he's from Sheffield. 
    He’s been asked about this indirectly in interviews and response was basically it’d be weirder if he was still doing the same Sheffield lad act when he’s nearly 40 and done well for himself.

The latest stuff isn’t for me either but still excited to see them on tour in a few months.
    Where are they playing ‘in a few months’ ? 
    US tour.
  • Options
    Rap acts do sometimes struggle to translate well on big stages. 
    Never seen/heard a decent rap act live. There been some ok ones like NWA and I guess stormzy and dizzie that I've seen live but even they struggled. 
  • Options
    Catching up on The Lathums from earlier, singer looks like Taron Eggerton as Eddie the Eagle. 
  • Options
    Looks like it was an untrue rumour. Shame 
    They were one of the rumours for the slot that the Foos did yesterday.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Bizarre that the lad who once sung "You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham..." is now doing his best Vegas lounge-singer impersonation, when he's from Sheffield. 
    He’s been asked about this indirectly in interviews and response was basically it’d be weirder if he was still doing the same Sheffield lad act when he’s nearly 40 and done well for himself.

The latest stuff isn’t for me either but still excited to see them on tour in a few months.
    US tour.
    Nice, where are you seeing them ? 
  • Options
    Sure I read Pulp are playing today. Does anyone know where & when I can see them?
    They played at the IoW festival last weekend, which was shown on Sky Arts & is still being repeated on Sky Arts.
    Mind you they only broadcast a couple of songs that I saw.
  • Options
    Arctic monkeys are desperate to be American. It's a shame really because it gets in the way of a few good songs that they have. 

Drop the mock accent and they'd be 5 times better. 
    You reckon? I think their musical style is still very English, it’s just changed to being art school middle class English rather than working class northern English. His speaking accent is presumably a bit screwed up from living in the States for so long. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    se9addick said:
    Arctic monkeys are desperate to be American. It's a shame really because it gets in the way of a few good songs that they have. 

You reckon? I think their musical style is still very English, it’s just changed to being art school middle class English rather than working class northern English. His speaking accent is presumably a bit screwed up from living in the States for so long. 
    His whole demeanor is Nick Cave meets the Strokes with a bit of Elvis thrown in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

His whole demeanor is Nick Cave meets the Strokes with a bit of Elvis thrown in. 
    With a bit of Bryan Ferry mixed in
  • Options
    Rick Astley & Blossoms perform The Smiths due on iPlayer any time now
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Rick Astley & Blossoms perform The Smiths due on iPlayer any time now
    That sounds utterly hideous 
  • Options

Bit ironic when think of the lyrics of Fake tales of San Francisco 
  • Options
    BBC 2 for the most mixed bag of people to become a band.
  • Options
    VC pines 
  • Options
    I bloody love Lewis Capaldi.  He seems like such a cool guy
  • Options
    Really difficult watching Lewis Capaldi, clearly things with his mental health aren’t great, feel for him. He still sounds great. 
  • Options
    I do wonder if it'll get to the point where he doesn't do live stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do wonder if it'll get to the point where he doesn't do live stuff.
    I watched the Netflix documentary and the recording process seems really difficult for him too. It’s heartbreaking because he’s so talented but his mental health just won’t let him enjoy the fruits of his talent.
  • Options
    I enjoyed ADG7. Very enthusiastic.
  • Options
    Lewis set, despite his ticks and losing his voice was excellent. The crowd really helped to keep him going, as he said don't think we'll see him again this year sadly!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

US tour.
    Nice, where are you seeing them ? 
    Austin most likely! Don’t have a ticket yet though
  • Options
    Watching Rick Astley and Blossoms absolutely destroy Smiths classics is so painful
  • Options
    Got a feeling I could of done a better job. Did like their interview though. Their rendition of panic is disgraceful. 
  • Options
    Found that far more enjoyable than the real Smiths. Anything without Morrissey is good 
  • Options
    Lizzo nailing it!
  • Options
    loving Lizzo!
  • Options
    Manics were good too what I saw but turned over for Lizzo