Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall ban 13 year old and put him on an education programme

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I can't believe there were no witnesses!

I've heard racist abuse in Eastern Europe and I heard it when we lost 4-0 at the den.
  • Options
    Richard - this has nothing to do with the facebook incident - this is all to do with a 13 year old boy who himself was (verbally) abused by an opposition player at a match.

Think about it Richard - i could quite conceivably set up a facebook account remotely, pretend to be a charlton fan, then racillay abuse someone for a time under these Charlton guise, all the while knowing that people like you want direct action to punish this perpetrator...you also would want action not only probably from the FA, but also quasi shit pots like the ABL.

You'd be content with that wouldn't you - that justice is seen to be done?

Sad thing about all this is this the action all the parties have taken is exctly the kind of action that should be taken when an incident like that ACTUALLY occurrs....but when it doesn't then unfortunately it creates more racism within certain boundaries...

• Options
    Always the victims
    It's never their fault
  • Options
    Interestingly no Bolton players could confirm that Sordell was abused or that they were abused themselves. It says a lot. Unless you're already blinded by your own prejudices that you don't see it.
  • Options

I can't believe there were no witnesses!

I've heard racist abuse in Eastern Europe and I heard it when we lost 4-0 at the den.

Cant you read its quite simple - there wasn't any. What perhaps you cant or wont beacuse of your predjucies undertsand about that.

There has been evdience this season and like i say at least two individuals have been banned as a conseqience...

Out of interest if somehow it could be proven that Sordell did NOT receive any racist abuse can i ask do your preducies see fit that he could or should be punished?

• Options

Interestingly no Bolton players could confirm that Sordell was abused or that they were abused themselves. It says a lot. Unless you're already blinded by your own prejudices that you don't see it.

Hes back !!! AND you brought a mate with you. Carry on SLL (sits back in keen anticipation...)

• Options

Hes back !!! AND you brought a mate with you. Carry on SLL (sits back in keen anticipation...)

Not for long, I'm beginning to drown in the depths of the pools of hatred & prejudice on here.
  • Options
    soapy - i have no intention of clogging up this board with anti-charlton vitriol ect ...the few times i have read some of the things on here it appears well balanced and quite informative.

on this one issue though, to my mind it really goes beyond Millwall, it really stinks, really really stinks...a 13year old boy has been stitched up, as well as a few others as regards the banner etc etc..and justice, actual proper justice has not been served.

if you believe that is a price worth paying in order to pander to the anti-racism brigade who have vested interests then thats fine go and live in your utopian vision...

others though a wise to it and dont see it like that...and if you cant see the damge that is being done by false accusations at the end of the day then either you are genuinely think or very predjudice.

Like i say i dont want to clog this board up with all things Millwall and anti charlton...it doesn't deserve that....

but what it does deserve is an actual account of injustice that is going on at a club very near you...

• Options
    I just don't care.
  • Options
    In another tweet Mr Lawrence said, 'blacks and whites: obviously not the same because whites do not cry like sissies and fairies when they are booed by pre-teens.'

There's racial abuse posted on a social networking site. Maybe the 13 year old didn't say anything like Soapy I couldn't care less, but quite clearly you have a racist element that you continue to deny and blame the media.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unbelievable that you pander you predjucies still....

you cant even distinguish between a fiend like 'Mr Lawrence' and a 13 year old kid thats been abused...
  • Options
    If you read my post properly you can see that i can.
  • Options
    use the word 'prejudice' a bit more
  • Options
    If you are so lovely and innocent down at the old meccano, then there won't be another incident involving your home support for the rest of the season, will there? I won't put my mortgage on it though.

Karma.
  • Options
    shirty - but thats just it - theres far more chance that there will be because of sordells actions...

doesn't really take a rocket scientist to work that one out does it?

glad to see theres implicit support for someone making false accusations on twitter...
  • Options

because of sordells actions...

Magic! It's never their fault!

I feel for the police horses, what have you done Sordell?

Deny it all you want but you have a racist element who have to take some of the blame for an (apparent) innocent 13 year old getting banned. I wonder if the 13 year old is below?

• Options
    edited November 2012
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="NickyWallJones">Richard - this has nothing to do with the facebook incident - this is all to do with a 13 year old boy who himself was (verbally) abused by an opposition player at a match.Think about it Richard - i could quite conceivably set up a facebook account remotely, pretend to be a charlton fan, then racillay abuse someone for a time under these Charlton guise, all the while knowing that people like you want direct action to punish this perpetrator...you also would want action not only probably from the FA, but also quasi shit pots like the ABL.

You'd be content with that wouldn't you - that justice is seen to be done?

Sad thing about all this is this the action all the parties have taken is exctly the kind of action that should be taken when an incident like that ACTUALLY occurrs....but when it doesn't then unfortunately it creates more racism within certain boundaries...

Nicky below I quote from the top of the page.

Are you saying that Millwall lied in their statements?

If not why have they given the impression that the Facebook page and the abuse of Sordell are linked?

If it was bad reporting why didn't Millwall distance themselves from the story straight away? Something does not add up.

A 13-year-old boy who posted a mock-up picture of Bolton Wanderers striker Marvin Sordell with a gun pointed at his head on Facebook has been banned from Millwall's matches "for the foreseeable future".

The boy, who apologised to the striker, has also been offered a place on an anti-racism programme run by Millwall for All.

"The individual has been banned from Millwall matches for the foreseeable future, but as a club we also felt, given the boy's age and background, we had a duty to play our part in attempting to educate and rehabilitate him.
    Ads by Google

"Accordingly, we have offered to put him through one of our education programmes, run by Millwall for All (formerly the Millwall Anti-Racism Trust) in the hope that we can change his outlook on equality, racism and life in general. In the meantime, the boy has written a letter to Marvin Sordell offering his apology, which has been accepted.
    <

• Options
    bottom right, woman holding a baby thats waving a galatasary flag.

what f*****g chance have they got. utter scum.

banter.
  • Options

bottom right, woman holding a baby thats waving a galatasary flag.

what f*****g chance have they got. utter scum.

banter.

Prejudice.
  • Options
    I happen to agree that this stinks, the automatic response by most is that Sordell said it happened, so it must be true. I have seen the race card in action for myself, blatantly told by someone I knew that because he couldnt get his own way with the authorities he was going to play the race card, he was not ashamed to admit it in front of witnesses.

If the lad was guilty of verbal abuse, fish or ugly quotes, whatever, punish him, and if Sordell responded in kind, he should be punished too, but to automatically accept Sordells version is dangerous, there is no evidence that he said it so how can they convict or punish?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course you've never abused a nigel have you defoe?

You are one big hypocrite....

and sticking a Glatasary shirt last time i thought about it wasn't racist is it? or are you confused about that subject as well DeFoe?

i thought the supposed superior intellect you lot like to think you hold seems to be lacking in DeFoes case....he doesn't appear to understand stuff...

Richard J - you make some very very pertinent points, and ones that are rightly being raised by millwall fans on the boards...youre right it doesn't stack up.....

but scratch under the service and to my mind its pretty obvious the club has to say that due to above and outside pressures
  • Options

In another tweet Mr Lawrence said, 'blacks and whites: obviously not the same because whites do not cry like sissies and fairies when they are booed by pre-teens.'

There's racial abuse posted on a social networking site. Maybe the 13 year old didn't say anything like Soapy I couldn't care less, but quite clearly you have a racist element that you continue to deny and blame the media.

Of course there are Millwall fans that are racist. Just like there are Charlton fans who are racist. Just like there are lawyers, policeman, firemen, schoolteachers, soldiers etc that are racist.

Being a Millwall fan doesn't make you a racist, but there are racists who go to Millwall. I don't know where this is denied or how the media can be blamed?

Millwall FC can't help what views people hold, and people hold these views for all manner of reasons; whether through poor upbringings, poor education, bad experiences, etc etc. As a club they've done more than most to highlight & challenge racism.

But it's not something that is challenged and beaten on 23 match days a year is it. Not if people are surrounded by negative comments, thoughts & actions on a daily basis in their lives. You have to wonder why people develop these thoughts & views and tackle that cause, not try & blame a football club. It's much easier to just blame the club & call all fans scum because it's easy to sweep under the carpet and avoid the real issues that need addressing.

Richard - this 13 year old is nothing to do with the Facebook thing. There were some reports where the two were linked but most of these were changed as they were wrong.

& as for some of the comments on Twitter towards Sordell (& not just Sordell, some of the shit that's get written to Evra, Ferdinand, Collymore, Billy Sharp, Neville etc) is disgusting and makes me wonder what on earth are parents doing with their kids nowadays.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    lol hilarious.

so waving turkish flags at a set of fans that have had their own stabbed to death out there is now acceptable? do the kids in amongst all that actually understand what they are doing and why they are doing it? or like i say, is it just 'banter'???

theres a line and milwall fans regularly cross it.

no doubt we'll hear the 'they started it' line.
  • Options
    Gary where did i say its acceptable just not racist at all....

Yet another one whose trying to serve there own predjucies before...

Gary i take it as well tat you vaen't abused a 'Nigel' befiore? Would love to know....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    of course theres a bit of stick towards the nigels...but its more to do with what they look like (and im not talking racial before you start), what they wear etc.

mocking a group of people that have had their own killed whilst watching football is way below the mark. i never said it was racist. i said it was scum.

or are your own defences to high to see it?

• Options
    you are misusing that example and you know it.

i dont and wont participate in such activities, and wouldn't advocate anyone does....

but we are digressing aren't we?

back to the Sordell case and aninjustice on two fronts has occurred, you either seem oblivious to it or dont care....and if its a later then i dont understand your moral high ground in waving turkish flags
  • Options
    Leeds at home this Sunday. Is it live on Sky?
  • Options
    Not quite sure what those fans with Turkish flags have to do with the Sordell incident?

Personally i think that although the kid has admitted abusing Sordell, i think he's been stitched up over it being 'racist'. The whole story seems to suit Millwall, the FA and Sordell so that's that. Sordell has over stepped the mark and played the race card. Does no one else find it slightly odd that there is not a single person who can back up his story? Not even his own team mates who were right next to him?
  • Options
    Good post Chris.

And shirty you are right...and i'd be surprised theres not an incident of note from that game...probably more Jimmy Saville/Matthews related that will sicken people on here...and be used to detract from what Sordell has done and at the end of the day got away with..
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2012

Personally i think that although the kid has admitted abusing Sordell, i think he's been stitched up over it being 'racist'. The whole story seems to suit Millwall, the FA and Sordell so that's that. Sordell has over stepped the mark and played the race card. Does no one else find it slightly odd that there is not a single person who can back up his story? Not even his own team mates who were right next to him?

Thats my take, default setting by some is to believe any player who cries racism, if true and backed up with hard & real evidence, then punish accordingly, if no collaborating evidence or witnesses, no case to answer, wouldnt last 5 minutes in a court of law.
    I believe some peoples prejudices of smallwall are blinding their normally coherent and logical thinking. I am no lover of them, but right is right and wrong is wrong.