Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• limeygent said:
    Finding white hairs in my beard!! 
    Finding white hairs in my teeth.
    Are you either Wayne Rooney or Prince Harry?
  • Realising you can't do everything you used to be able to. Was at Center Parcs this weekend and went swimming a few times, played badminton, golf and did lots of walking. Fitness wise I'm fine and was able to do it all without as problem but I ache like f**k today. 
  • Starting every anecdote with - "Years ago...."
  • Could be worse, "During the war..."
  • Gribbo said:
    Starting every anecdote with - "Years ago...."
    Or ending them with ".... Back in the day"
  • Struggling to pull on my socks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Struggling to pull on my socks 
    Falling over when you half way through struggling to put the little buggers on.
  • Caving in and buying a ear and nose trimmer. Even worse, being excited at the prospect of finally owning one after years of tweezers and tears!
  • After watching a TV program that didn't make sense I assumed I'd fallen asleep at some point. 

I watched it through again only to discover that I hadn't fallen asleep.  I simply didn't understand wtf was going on.   :/
    Eastenders?
  • After watching a TV program that didn't make sense I assumed I'd fallen asleep at some point. 

I watched it through again only to discover that I hadn't fallen asleep.  I simply didn't understand wtf was going on.   :/
    Eastenders?
    Pingu.
  • In the supermarket and decide to treat myself. To a can of deep heat. 
  • Cloudworm said:
    When the shop assistant takes the appropriate change out of your hand for you.
    Paying with real money and not plastic ! 😉
  • When I still type you instead of u
  • Sponsored links:

• Always last on a tour and asking for the guide to repeat what was said. 
  • Caving in and buying a ear and nose trimmer. Even worse, being excited at the prospect of finally owning one after years of tweezers and tears!
    Had one of them in me mid 30's
  • Made a reference to a younger colleague the other month about something being so farcical I was expecting Jeremy Beadle to jump out.

She had no clue what I meant.
    Get this with the blokes I work with, as I'm the oldest (out of 4 of us) when music comes on the radio, I sing along to it and they've never heard of the song. This happens at least a couple of times a week.

It's quite strange as I've always felt like the youngest in life in general, I'm the youngest cousin on both mum and dad's side of the family, and the youngest in my oldest group of friends, so after returning from 12 years in the French wilderness, I'm coming in to the working world again, at an age bracket where a lot of people are younger than me. Our CEO for example, is 33!

This is the main reason I've jacked my job to go back working for myself again, at least I'm the youngest again lol
  • edited January 2023
    Candidates on The Apprentice all saying that physical maps were before their time, and being confused when asked to get a 45 RPM single
  • Footballers born after 2000. Ridiculous.