Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• Watching the BBC news just now about the band 'The script' and you've never heard of them.
  • Watching the BBC news just now about the band 'The script' and you've never heard of them.
    You’re not missing much. 
  • Booking flu and Covid jabs for the pair us, then realised it’s on my 72nd birthday.
  • Seeing the Chairman of Wimbledon on the news talking about the flooding and thinking "He looks young!"
  • Had a wonderful Thai massage today that was purely medicinal on my aching back.
  • Developing a deep dislike for people who are naturally happy when sober.

Whats their secret? What the f*** they got to be happy about???
    Speak to Bashful, Sneezy, Doc, Dopey or Doc then Grumpy

Sorry AFKA, I thought we were friends 😂👼

• Reaching the appropriate age and applying for my pension!

In my head I’m stil 25, ffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Coming up to fully retire in April, got a paper round when I was 10, and never been out of work since, and retirement is frankly frightening. 
    WTF am I going to do?
  • edited September 26
    Coming up to fully retire in April, got a paper round when I was 10, and never been out of work since, and retirement is frankly frightening. 
    WTF am I going to do?

Embrace the fact that you can now enjoy the time, you owe it to yourself after working for so many years.
    Charity work can be rewarding if you want to do something to fill the day.
  • Being given over 65 rate without them asking your age. I am desperately waiting for someone to ask me to prove my age, but sadly it never seems to happen. I am nearer 65 than 66 by the way and always thought I looked younger (clearly delusional)!
  • edited September 26
    Trying to paint the skirting and not being able to get up .
    And getting seated tickets at gigs .
  • fadgadget said:
    Why do you want to get an erection while painting?
  • Sponsored links:

• I was referred to as "leave the old man alone" the other day, I laughed it off at the time :'(
  • I was referred to as "leave the old man alone" the other day, I laughed it off at the time :'(
    Pesky kids interrupting when you are supping on a nice warm tennants super in a brown paper bag relaxing on a park bench while throwing stones at the pigeons and muttering under your breath. 
    Was I there?
  • fadgadget said:
    iaitch said:
    fadgadget said:
    Why do you want to get an erection while painting?
    It’s handy for stirring the paint .  
    Thats a cracking come back!
  • Carrying heavy buckets of water.
    Was I there?
    The family you were facing, to your left.
    Was I there?
    The family you were facing, to your left.
    I thought so Les  :D
  • 60 today - how the f*** did that happen? Still, it's better than the alternative...
    Welcome to the old gits club