Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Di Matteo sacked

Comments

• Options
    I went to an evening with Guillem Balague (Spanish football journalist) last week, as he has written a biography on Pep Guardiola.

He knows Pep well, question was asked about where he would end up next, he said Abromovic has been desperately trying to tempt him to come to Chelsea for the last 3 years. Apparently he keeps sending Guardiola invites to meet on his yacht which have been ignored!

He said his money would be on Man City or Bayern being Pep's next club, and said that he has stated he would not like the nature of a club like Chelski where the owner has such direct influence/interferrence.

This was obviously all before Di Matteo was sacked however... you never know what a large cheque will do!

Ballague has said on Twitter this morning that Benitez has had no approach from Chelski (yet).
  • Options
    Just the result or have chelski got an advance copy of the FA's Clattenburg report?
  • Options
    Shag said:

You could use the search facility ( top right ) or just scroll down to see if there are any threads on the subject already before posting , thanks

Do me a favour!

The search facility on this site is about as good as an Iain Dowie running session
  • Options
    How long will the new manager get...presume he'd have to win a trophy..
  • Options

How long will the new manager get...presume he'd have to win a trophy..

Winning two did little to help Di Matteo.

• Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited November 2012

What a joke of a club that lot are, what's that now, six managers in six years?

Clown show.

I know what you mean , but we're not far behind with 5!

• Options
    the new manager has just been sacked
  • Options
    Macronate said:

the new manager has just been sacked

Great, I had a tenner on at 5-1. Easy money!
  • Options

Clown show.

Yes, but in the same period they have won the PL once, the CL once, the FAC twice, probably won the LC too, and never been out of the top four.

We, on the other hand.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Clown show.

Yes, but in the same period they have won the PL once, the CL once, the FAC twice, probably won the LC too, and never been out of the top four.

Are you forgetting the People's Cup?

• Options
    Thought he'd get their final Champions League game.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Clown show.

What the hell is that?
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Clown show.

What the hell is that?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmreEtDo4E

• Options

Thought he'd get their final Champions League game.

Me too - they can still qualify! Very harsh - they're third, two places higher than last year, have played some good stuff,he should have been given more time rather than sacked after the first sign of a couple of bad results.

By the time he's paid Di Matteo off, paid for the new man and given them money to spend, he could have given Di Matteo the money for the striker and centre back (and maybe a midfielder to replce Mikel) that they need.

• Options

Rizzo said:

Clown show.

What the hell is that?
    I think you'll find that it was the first trophy we won in last season's double.
    (I am still convinced it counts as a double)
  • Options

Clown show.

They've also had a truck load of money thrown at them , we've had Pawel Abbot & Simon Francis.
  • Options
    What makes a successful Chelsea manager? Di matteo lost 2 games on the trott he had to go!

Roman will never be satisfied with anything, he didnt even look happy when Chelsea won the CL...

Chelsea fans need to protest, this man is sucking the soul out of their club.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

What makes a successful Chelsea manager? Di matteo lost 2 games on the trott he had to go!

Roman will never be satisfied with anything, he didnt even look happy when Chelsea won the CL...

Yeah he looked miserable...
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

None of them were Chelsea fans before Roman took over. They cant remember the days when their club had a soul.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy club - well Abramovich anyway. Who would want to go there as manager as it is a poison chalice. Men like Abramovich are used to their money buying what they want, so failing to win a couple of matches is seen as failure. He needs to learn that money does not buy everything.
  • Options

Crazy club - well Abramovich anyway. Who would want to go there as manager as it is a poison chalice. Men like Abramovich are used to their money buying what they want, so failing to win a couple of matches is seen as failure. He needs to learn that money does not buy everything.

Someone else said they've paid out £86m to managers in six years. I'd be up for some of that
  • Options

Someone else said they've paid out £86m to managers in six years. I'd be up for some of that
    Yes I could fuck it up for much less than that!
  • Options

Clown show.

They've also had a truck load of money thrown at them , we've had Pawel Abbot & Simon Francis.
    Ha! Abbot! Jesus Christ we have come a long way. What a crock of shit he was.
  • Options
    Yep, winning trophies is not enough.
  • Options
    BBC SPORT TWEET: Former Chelsea defender Paul Elliott has backed the decision to sack RDM and defended RA's hire and fire approach.
  • Options
    olster said:

BBC SPORT TWEET: Former Chelsea defender Paul Elliott has backed the decision to sack RDM and defended RA's hire and fire approach.

Typical, one chairman sticking up for another

: - )

• Options
    I have to agree with Elliott, because di Matteo was given the job by default and in terms of performances they haven't been that impressive. I know that sounds ridiculous given they won the Champions League, but they were incredibly fortunate. The victory against Barcelona was a one in hundred chance. It wasn't down to skill, only Barcelona's profligacy in front of goal. They've been average in the Champions League this season, and were taken apart by Athletico Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup Final. If they want to seriously challenge with the better teams in Europe, they need a better manager than di Matteo.
  • Options
    I don't like the way Elliott is talking here. Sounds like he's licking Russian ass. He's talking as if Guardiola has already been appointed. This makes me less positive about the idea of Elliott coming here as 'chairman'. I prefer a chairman who has made his own money in a good transparent way, to somebody who is in thrall to other people's money