Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Huddersfield - Post match views

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
I suppose it very much feels like two points dropped than a point gained.

All post match chatter here.

Comments

• Options
    Not quick enough with the ball in possession. Sat back against ten men. Missed Frimpong when he went off. Kerkar is a poor left back, alarming lack of pace out wide. Disappointed but three points on Tuesday and next Saturday and things would be looking decent!
  • Options
    Such a shame. Win on sat then all forgotten
  • Options
    Unfortunate to have dropped the points at th end but that's what Huddersfield do - they save games in the last couple of minutes. Knowing that we shouldn't have dropped our levels in the last 15 but oh well. It always hurts to bin points at the end but going into this match Town were above us and in good form, and we had to make two changes that affected our stability. Regardless of how it happened in the end, this is a very good point. On to Peterborough
  • Options
    sounded like a dodgy sending off, followed by a dodgy penalty.....I'll take a point and look for 3 on Tuesday....if we can beat Posh that'll be 13 points out of 15....not to shabby....and I reckon we have a good squad now....Hulse and Frimmy can only settle in more.....Fuller back, Yann back....Haynes only a slight niggle, BWP on bench as well.....I may be an eternal optimist but I reckon with everyone fit we have a great squad
  • Options
    Didn't do enough to win game team looked a bit flat but as Powell would say we move on to Tuesday night
  • Options
    Huddersfield are a good team. 1-1 is not a bad result. Need some form of strategy against 10 men?
  • Options
    Huddersfield were well worth their point. Sat back at 1-0 and invited trouble.

Badly missed Haynes.
  • Options
    If it was a dodgy penalty then we cant really complain as I didnt think it was a red card and we got away with a blatant handball in the box by Kerkar.
  • Options
    I thought Kerkar played okay. And i thought we were doing a pretty good job of seeing the game out until Hamer decided to flap which led to the penalty. Win on Tuesday and all is well again though.
  • Options
    Never a sending off, 50-50 tackle. Hamer at fault for the pen, coming out and missing it. Surprise surprise the ref didn't book the pen scorer for jumping into the crowd, as he had already been booked. 2 pts dropped, should have pushed on and made them work, the longer it went on, the deeper we dropped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't deserve to lose . Huddersfield never looked like scoring. On a serious note I hope the prick from the lower north that threw a coin at the huddersfield players , late in the second half is found and given a long ban.
  • Options

Sat back at 1-0 and invited trouble.

I wish we would go for the killer 2nd goal in these circumstances - especially when the oppo only have 10 men.

• Options
    Looked like a pen to me but I was a long way off. Sat back to much at 1- 0 and prob got what we deserved. Expecting better Tuesday night.
  • Options

Didn't deserve to lose . Huddersfield never looked like scoring. On a serious note I hope the prick from the lower north that threw a coin at the huddersfield players , late in the second half is found and given a long ban.

It will be in the ref's report as the coin was given to him.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sad I know, but I just popped over to Owlstalk for a sneaky look at their match thread. Changes your perspective big time. COYR!
  • Options
    67 mins (when Frimpong came off) to when Kermorgant came on we done absolutely feck all. Held the ball, played backwards and sideways and didnt press forwards at all. In the end our play deserved a draw, not a win, and thats more disappointing than the actual result.
  • Options
    Two points cast to the wind, given what looked like a very harsh sending off. A blow losing Seabourne and Haynes. As a result, we looked a bit vulnerable at left back, missed Kerkar's attacking thrust further up the field and, in Haynes' absence, lacked movement and pace up front.

Huddersfield are a decent team but, in truth, we only have ourselves to blame for failing to press home the advantage after we went one up. We seemed to lose momentum after Frimpomg went off and there was an element of complacency and lack of devil in our play ( almost reminiscent, in parts, of the Watford game ). Fuller's miss in the second half was a turning point as matters turned out.

After one or two chances in the first half, Huddersfield didn't really threaten in the second half but it was a definite penalty and they'll feel they deserved something out of the game.
  • Options
    Two points thrown away so we couldnt make the most of a poor red card decision. Too content to sit on a 1-0. Fuller didnt look 100% and missed a great chance, Hamer flaps at a cross and all of a sudden it is 1-1. Hopefully Frimpong was just a precaution and it is back on track Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Blimey, Millwall in the top 6 ...... 10 games ago they were bottom 3.

Good result for them today - but they are overdue a slip up, right?
    *smiley winky thing*
  • Options

Sad I know, but I just popped over to Owlstalk for a sneaky look at their match thread. Changes your perspective big time. COYR!

I'm listening to 'Praise or grumble' on BBC Radio Sheffield. Many saying Dave Jones should go. Someone has just singled out Bothroyd for being a lazy sod. If we have anything to moan about, then as others have said, they have more to grumble about. We are still gaining points every week. Powell stopped the freefall and has shown we can battle. A point is disappointing having been ahead against 10 men, but it is not a defeat. The team 'may' have been getting complacent. Like the Boro game, this may just give them the kick up the arse to keep them focused. 100% Support for Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    two points lost,and how can we only draw against 10 man Huddersfield ,and even more pissed off as Millwall beat this lot 4--0 a couple of weeks ago,but at least Palace lost today
  • Options
    Was like watching League 1 for large chunks, which isn't that surprising as last year it was. Not devastated.
  • Options
    I'd feel better if I didn't torture myself looking at the "as it stands" table on BBC championship page. We just dropped two places, rather than maintaining our position.
  • Options
    Didn't get to the game today. Surprised to see biggest home turnout of season (football for a fiver week withstanding.) Any reason why that I've missed?
  • Options
    Fond memories of the game last year?
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Didn't get to the game today. Surprised to see biggest home turnout of season (football for a fiver week withstanding.) Any reason why that I've missed?

Probably includes comps and promotions to kids' clubs....?

Att: 20,012

• Options
    Exemplary display of how to play with 10 men by Huddersfield. Two disciplined defensive lines then a burst of pressure that paid off. Disappointed though.
  • Options
    Kerkar completely stops the play. He plays the ball often to the nearest person to him or straight to the opposition looking for a decent pass. To me he is poor going forward and a liability at the back. Green was a lot more positive. Pritchard is a much better cm than rm (but I'm guessing that was never up for debate). To me it was a fair result from what we saw but we should never have given them a chance.
  • Options
    Disappointing result on the day but no more than we deserved if our game plan against ten men is to constantly pass it back. Still, we're in a better place than we were 4 games ago so onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Disappointing result on the day but no more than we deserved if our game plan against ten men is to constantly pass it back. Still, we're in a better place than we were 4 games ago so onwards and upwards