Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Huddersfield - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Match report on Sportsmole.co.uk:

"Huddersfield were handed a late lifeline when Chris Solly accidentally kicked Clarke in the head as he went to clear the ball, giving away a penalty. "

Wot?
  • Options
    Another assist for Pritch today.
  • Options
    Writing without reading ala Len Glover. Once again our midfield was inadequate. Frimpong aside who I thought was excellent the midfield was completely lacking in dominance even over ten men. Get a playmaker to work alongside Manny and I genuinely think we have a decent chance of moving forward. I will I'm sure get slated for saying it but I hope Villa come back for Stephens because for me he just doesn't get a hold of a match ever. Hudds deserved their point because we didn't deserve all three. Very very disappointed.
  • Options
    Would have been nice to get to 26 points and consolidate mid table.

I hope that strange thing when you get better results with a long injury list and vice versa doesn't happen!
  • Options
    Sorry but green was a total waste of space, no bottle & did not look interested when he came on.
  • Options

Sorry but green was a total waste of space, no bottle & did not look interested when he came on.

Took him ages too even touch the ball it seemed. Bottle severely lacking.
  • Options
    Didn't do enough to win the game. Second half was better than the first. Hulse played well and fuller was
    quality.

Morro and Cort top drawer again. Still don't understand why Jacko is left mid and kerkar is left back. Think kerkars skills are wasted at left back but maybe it's Jacko's goals that win him the left mid position.

On to Tuesday and hopefully 3 points. Anyone in the upper north see the big fella get pushed by his mate and end up 4 rows down
  • Options
    Sounds like we didn't take advantage of some favourable refereeing but no one will be crying about that cos it wasn't against poor old ,hard done by, the worlds against us, Charlton.
    Happy with a point but not in the circumstances .
    4 points from the next two games and I'll be properly flicked up!

Scum in play off possy and palace in autos I can't say I feel comfortable with everything even tho we're doing better than I expected !

Top 2 zero %... 3rd-6th 5%...7th-12th 25% .....13th-21st 65%..... bottom 3 5%

Onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Why do people start getting on the players backs when we are leading 1-0 we are playing pocession football across the back 4 with 10 mins to go. Huddersfield
    only got the ball back when we hoofed it up field, not pretty and boring but we would have won.
  • Options
    Today was the day Stephens should have took the game by the scruff of the neck, he had lots of space in front of him playing against 10 men.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Made harder work of it than needed but if Fuller hits the target at 1-0 then it's game over really. BWP would be getting pelters in the same position.

Kerkar worried me all game at lb. I know it's not his proper position but far too often out of position and lets his man get goal side.

Never a sending off imo & poor clearance to attempt at that stage of the game that gave the ref a decision to make which should have been avoidable.

Hudds never looked like scoring which was to be expected as they looked like they'd settled to keep it to 1-0 and hope for a set piece.

Oh well 10 from 12 is still good...
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Why do people start getting on the players backs when we are leading 1-0 we are playing pocession football across the back 4 with 10 mins to go. Huddersfield
    only got the ball back when we hoofed it up field, not pretty and boring but we would have won.

This really annoyed me...all that frustration from the crowd pissed me right off... We were 1-0 up and had the ball...first rule is if we have posession the other team can't score if I was a player I'd be fuming
  • Options
    Wiggins
    Evina
    Wilson
    Seabourne

All out injured = Kerkar having to play at LB.
  • Options
    What was the singing and atmosphere like today?
  • Options

He created the chance at the end for Hulse, hardly a 'total waste of space'.
  • Options

And that was just about his only contribution. One solitary chance made does not suggest he will be forcing his way back into the side any time soon.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

And that was just about his only contribution. One solitary chance made does not suggest he will be forcing his way back into the side any time soon.
    That's what he's on the pitch to do! If Hulse had done his job and scored, Green would have been celebrated on here as the match-winner.
  • Options
    Why did frimpong come off? Did he pick an injury up or just as he hasn't played many games ?
  • Options

Why did frimpong come off? Did he pick an injury up or just as he hasn't played many games ?

Cramp
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Frimpong went down and straight away waved to the bench that it was bad. Then he walked off without too much bother. Hope he's ok because he looks absolute quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012

Cramp
    Spoke to CP about five minutes before appeared to be saying he wanted to come off.
  • Options
    Surprised Kerkar is getting so much grief on here. He's a midfielder playing as a makeshift Left Back. He's 4th choice in that position. What do you expect? Better protection in front of him from Jacko would have helped, he was left exposed on a number of occasions.

Huddersfield did well when down to 10 men. They sat back and waited for us to cough up possession. Our passing was often too slow, inaccurate and lacked penetration. Too many players had off-days at the same time.

Onto the next game.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

That's what he's on the pitch to do! If Hulse had done his job and scored, Green would have been celebrated on here as the match-winner.

Yes he is on there to create chances but that's not all, he has to put in a shift particularly at this level. He was fresh when others were flaging. Most people trying to get their place back would have shown some fight & commitment, totally lacking from green imho, but of course all entitled to an opinion.

• Options
    IMO
    We played into Huddersfields hands, we went 1-0 up, then we just tried to kill every minute left (30fckin Mins) Huddersfield would have taken 1-0 down and then go for it last 5/10 mins.
    Called it with 20 left, we dont want a second goal, they would nick one last 5.
    It was obvious.
    But hey, unbeaten in 4 and still on a good run but very definatly 2 points dropped IMO

Roll on next week.
  • Options
    Powell described his injury as "championship cramp"
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Powell described his injury as "championship cramp"

Another way of saying, "Not match fit" or, "Knackered after 60 minutes".

To be fair to Frimpong, he's a bit short on 1st team appearances recently.
    And there's another game coming up on Tuesday.

• Options
    When will we learn that we are not good enough on the ball to play a slow tempo game - and it certainly isn't what you should do against 10 men. It's the reason why we hardly ever win big - and it's why we lost 2 points today.

• Options
    I sometimes wonder if I'm at the same game. Green was very dangerous when he came on and set up two excellent chances. It took ten minutes for anyone to pass to him in space. He must feel like a parasite. He should have been on at half time as Pritchard spent the whole second half unable to make a tackle. Hulse was utter garbage. He can't head a ball. Kerkar is not a left back. Played ok. Lucky not. to give a way a penalty for handball.
  • Options
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the chances we missed at 1 0 up. Most notably Fuller when we had 4 against 2
    Also what an obnoxious side hudds have become. Used to play good football under Clarke, Now very physical yet fell over clutching their head when touched. Ironic the sending off was harsh
  • Options
    Classic Hamer today, he has that in his locker and produces it every 10 games or so ala Forest away.