Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Huddersfield - Post match views

Comments

• Options

Team now looking a much better prospect than they did at the start of the season. I know it ended up as a draw but in general we passed the ball better, kept more possession and just looked more confident.
    Frimpong looks good and Fuller is quality - even though his pace is not exactly electric, he keeps he ball and then passes it.
    All in all I came away quite happy

all I can say is that you must be easily pleased !!

i thought today was drab, dire & very unforgetable.

maybe so, but much better than some of the rubbish we've had to endure since well before Curbishley left
  • Options
    Fair result in the end. Red card looked very harsh from the north upper, def penalty, worse thing to happen was the sending off as we always seem to become nervous and negative when playing against 10.

I have a good mind to ask the ref for my 50p back............
  • Options
    Just got back. Disappointing not to win, but I thought we had a plan of how to play and stuck to it pretty well. I sending off was nonesense - I genuinely did not know which player would be penalised - but I don't think it did us a massive favour.

Injuries have really cut the width from the team, which I think really restricts us and players end up getting in each other's way.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Sorry but green was a total waste of space, no bottle & did not look interested when he came on.

He created the chance at the end for Hulse, hardly a 'total waste of space'.
    And that was just about his only contribution. One solitary chance made does not suggest he will be forcing his way back into the side any time soon.
    That's what he's on the pitch to do! If Hulse had done his job and scored, Green would have been celebrated on here as the match-winner.
    No his job is to creates chanceS, plural. Kermorgant and Fuller are the skilful kind of strikers who can create chances for themselves, Hulse is much more the old-fashioned target man. Not every shot will go in as we saw today.
  • Options
    Looked in control at 1-0 but not totally, ridiculous sending off was a booking at the least...no-one will ever tackle again if thats the the norm. Frimpong looks usefull but as always went off injured. Danny came on and we took 10 mins to pass the ball to him, first contribution should have been a goal but forwards looked jagged, anyone else feel that Hulse and Fuller isnt working ...the game changer was when they brought lee on, we just panicked FFS it wasnt messi they brought on.....the penalty can enyone explain what it was for.....
  • Options
    Didn't go today was at Twickers but why doesn't Green play?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

Sorry but green was a total waste of space, no bottle & did not look interested when he came on.

And that was just about his only contribution. One solitary chance made does not suggest he will be forcing his way back into the side any time soon.
    That's what he's on the pitch to do! If Hulse had done his job and scored, Green would have been celebrated on here as the match-winner.
    No his job is to creates chanceS, plural. Kermorgant and Fuller are the skilful kind of strikers who can create chances for themselves, Hulse is much more the old-fashioned target man. Not every shot will go in as we saw today.
    In a 20 minute cameo? Are you expecting him to turn water into wine too?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Posting without reading.

Taking the game as a whole a draw was probably a fair result.

Huddersfield dominated the first 15 minutes or so and it looked as if there was only going to be one winner and I don't mean us! We gained something of a foothold as the half progressed and Frimpong and Stephens remembered why they were there but we still didn't really work Smithies. That said Hamer kad little to do too.

Second half we improved, possibly assisted in part by Huddersfield being reduced to 10 men, and Hulse's goal was a well worked effort.

At that point I thought that maybe we were going to scrape a tight win but then Jimmy Floyd Ricardo Fuller missed a chance that a striker of his pedigree should have buried to make the game safe. At that point, depite their only having 10 men, I knew that it was only a matter of time before Huddersfield equalised and the question then would be whether or not we would hang on for the draw.

Disappointing given that we threw away a winning position but as I said at the start objectively a fair result.

• Options
    Didn't do enough after going one up which, in part, was due to losing Frimpong to injury.
    We can't use that as an excuse though. We had the opportunity to finish off 10 man Hudders, who were lacking 3 of their main strikers, and we decide to showboat for 20 mins.
    Didn't look like a sending off and the penalty decision looked reasonable for where I was in the West Upper.
    1 point no disaster, but feels like a loss at the moment.
  • Options
    Posting Without Reading

Having seen the sending off and penalty decision again I feel both we're harsh but probably did even each other out. I can't see what more solly could've done regarding the foul and their player was going nowhere. As for their red card it was a 50/50 challenge and I can't see how it falls into the red card category, yellow at the most. Huddersfield were well worth their point and it reminded me of some of the gritty performances we've put in on the road. However it deffinately feels like 2 points dropped and we really need to look at the way we play against 10 men... Instead of allowing ourselves to take control of the tempo of the game we seemed to eager to get forwards and give the ball back to Huddersfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

In a 20 minute cameo? Are you expecting him to turn water into wine too?
    I am expecting a man who was sold to us literally and metaphorically on the strength of his crosses and creating chances to do better than one cross in twenty minutes. Or if the ball isn't landing magically at his feet he can stir himself into actually trying to go and get the bloody thing. Green did neither. On his day he can be a matchwinner, on others he can be a waste of a player in the side. Today was the latter.
  • Options
    Posting before reading.
    A game where we probably got what we deserved, yet a game we could've won. It is such a shame that we had yet another big change to the composition of the side, and lost continuity and looked pretty disjointed throughout. We have really looked like a team in the past few matches but not really today.
    I also thought Huddersfield did well not to give up, and realising they were still in the game late on, they fought well for, and got a good away point.
    Obviously the sending off messed things up, it had been a gritty match up to then, but watchable and hinted at more, but they went to ten, and had a cause to fight or gripe for. We were unable to capitilise well enough. Jacko playing wide meant his intelligent influence on play was diluted, and Frimpongs debut? Leave it!
    Fuller looked unfit, Kerker had to play left back which dulled the edge we get from him, and losing Haynes we lost pace too. I thought Bradley Pritchard was very good throughout but really we were not cohesive today.
    I don't blame anybody for today beyond circumstances. If you can't win...don't lose.
  • Options
    I thought Green's introduction was a completely wasted one. He hugged the touchline by the East Stand but rarely made any decent effort to run into space and/or scream for the ball. At one point Green was totally unmarked in space by the edge of their area, just meandering about. No arms up and screaming for a diagonal cross, just totally meandering.

Am I the only person who witnessed his and Solly's one-two, only for Green to fail to make the overlapping run aswell?

I hope he plays on Tuesday and shuts me right up, in fact I prey he does. Because today, he looked dog sh*t.
  • Options
    Was Haynes injured again?
  • Options
    I doubt if there has ever been a game that has brought about such contrasting opinions from some of our fans. JUst as well Powell doesnt read this from some of the drivel on here this week. I'm sure some people on here have watched a different game to me
  • Options
    why bring on Green and then totally ignore him? Surely the plan must have been get the ball to him out wide so he can deliver some quality into the box. The one time he was given the ball he delivered a quality ball in. More than Stephens did ALL game so why is he not being slaughtered on here? Green is the current whipping boy for some reason. Jackson meanwhile was non existent, again, Stephens did not pass the half way line. It's Greens fault we did not win though.
  • Options
    By the time Green came on we were a spent force. Very difficult for him to change the game when our centre midfield had all but evaporated with Frimpongs departure. Stephens was I thought a huge disappointment. Was mostly anonymous against ten men and Jackson I think was not too much better. Neither control a game enough for my liking.
  • Options
    The sending off seemed harsh and the penalty seemed justified from where I was sitting.

Our front two were too static and didn't stretch their back 4 - missed Haynes pace. I would've been tempted to bring BWP on.

Pritchard's booking was a joke as he clearly played the ball. Kerkar definitely didn't handle it - it hit him on the thigh and none of their players nearby appealed.

Disappointing to drop points late on against 10 men, but there you go.
  • Options
    Danny Haynes injured again ? Is he made of balsa wood
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What does my head in is, at 1-1, a lot of the punters leaving with 5 mins to go and we still have a chance to win it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nolly said:

He's related to Joe Anyinsah apparently.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    don't think we were great but obviously still disappointed to concede like that. thought the atmosphere was great today though.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    unbeaten in 4 and not too disheartened about the result. Frimpong looked immense, sprayed the ball around like a champions league player and is a bit quick. Glad to see Fuller back too. Cracking atmosphere. Lets see if we can keep this up and who knows we might have the East and West doing the bouncey. Bring on the Posh!
  • Options

why bring on Green and then totally ignore him? Surely the plan must have been get the ball to him out wide so he can deliver some quality into the box. The one time he was given the ball he delivered a quality ball in. More than Stephens did ALL game so why is he not being slaughtered on here? Green is the current whipping boy for some reason. Jackson meanwhile was non existent, again, Stephens did not pass the half way line. It's Greens fault we did not win though.

Green wasn't making a run to be passed to, he wasn't making himself available, he wasn't hassling or closing down or making any effort to get the ball. Huddersfield playing the way they were the last thing needed was a player who seemed content to wait for the ball to just land at his feet so he could cross it in.
  • Options
    It was difficult for Green when he came on in that match. He hardly touched the ball for 10 minutes but that was partly because pritch for all his qualities didnt look to pass it right whereas frim had been giving it out there all afternoon.
    Suprised people criticise Stephens who i thought did pretty well today and as for those crtisising Jackson - just get real . He had a decent game today
  • Options
    When I saw the teamsheet I thought we had the team to beat Huddersfield - it didn't quite work out that way. Personally, thought the sending off was mystifying - looked 50/50 to me. But as has been said, that didn't do us any favours.

Liked Frimpong - can see him featuring a lot. From where I was sitting I'm sure I saw Jackson say "cramp", so he should be back Tuesday.

We just don't seem to know how to cope with 10 men - we were keeping possession, but we weren't giving them the runaround just casually passing it round the back 4.

Atmosphere not quite up to standard - we'll have to try harder on Tuesday. COYR!
  • Options
    Fuller and Frimpong bring strength and a bit of class to the team. If we can chuck Haynes in with those two this could be an immense team. I would go with when all fit:

Hamer - Solly, Cort, Morrison, Wiggins - Haynes, Pritchard, Frimpong, Jackson - Fuller, Hulse
  • Options
    Disappointing not to see the game out, but Huddersfield will probably claim with some justification that they deserved a point. Can't really complain about the penalty and the sending off looked a bit harsh although we had 1 or 2 late chances to win it. Important thing now is to beat Peterborough on Tuesday night and this result doesn't seem too bad.
  • Options
    nolly said:

He's looked at the fixtures and seen who we got next week and thinks its time to hide

*not serious btw you touchy .....*