Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A message to all those that like to boo at Charlton.

Comments

• Options
    Didn't hear any booing ...good comments KHA, but I can understand the frustration ...a little too much negativity at times
  • Options
    MattD said:

Cort might as well not have any feet

I think we'd see a deterioration in his play.
  • Options
    I thought we were doing it right until large sections were getting on the players backs screaming to go forward. When the opposition were not harrassing our back line.

Do you lot who claim we should have bombed on have any idea of how good Huddersfield are away from home? They were very well drilled and we only looked troubled when trying to press forward when we should have retained possession. If you keeps the ball you win more often than you lose.

I spoke to a bloke on the way out and he was saying Powell needs to have a look at himself, I won't name who it was but I can now safely say I hold nothing he says about football in any regard at all.

We had one or two clear chances and took one of them, they had one or two and got a silly penalty from staying patient and doing what they were told.
  • Options
    Did one of our morons hit the Huddersfield player on the head with a coin or was the coin thrown during his treatment?

I hope they find whoever did it and banish them to The Den which would suit their mentality better than The Valley.
  • Options
    As some said best form of defence is attack !
    And even CP said that the second goal would of killed it, and by scoring that we needed to attack. Defending a 1 goal lead is allways dangerous even when your playing against 10 men.
    However booing for passing it around the back is not acceptable, and does unsettle the players which causes them to make mistakes .
  • Options
    Right, we did not sit back on a one goal lead. We went at them but they defended very well and held their shape. It wasn't for want of trying we didn't get a second but it would be stupid to chase a game and expose ourselves to one of the best away sides in the division
  • Options
    it's easy to retain possession just passing the ball amongst yourselves. But it will get you nowhere, as it did today. We played right into their hands. The tempo was so slow they had no trouble defending against us. We needed to up the tempo and get them chasing around the pitch and wearing them down. We made no real attempt o get a second goal until it was too late. The last two weeks all I've heard is how good Stephens was at Bristol and how well both Jacko and Pritchard payed both there nd t Burnley. Well today none of them turned up and our midfield was so pedestrian. Not a decent pass or a shot between them.
  • Options
    Yeah you're right

Pritchard played a shit ball in for the goal
  • Options
    yep, apologies, he did. Still stand by my comments though.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Right, we did not sit back on a one goal lead. We went at them but they defended very well and held their shape. It wasn't for want of trying we didn't get a second but it would be stupid to chase a game and expose ourselves to one of the best away sides in the division

Yep.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Agree with LargeAddick and AdTheAddick.

But I must say that the blame cannot always put on the players. It seems as though Chris Powell is untouchable with some of our fans.
  • Options
    Seriously, if we had won two one today would you have been happy with the performance? I think a draw was fair, Huddersfield looked good value for it and restricted us
  • Options

Carter said:

Yep.

So by not forcing the issue we got a draw anyway. Great stuff.

• Options
    Carter said:

Seriously, if we had won two one today would you have been happy with the performance? I think a draw was fair, Huddersfield looked good value for it and restricted us

I agree, the draw was a fair result and yes even if we had won I would not have been happy with the performance either.

• Options
    That's fair enough
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    IMO there was no need to take unnecessary risks at 1-0 up.

I can see why people might be frustrated with the outcome of today's game but our approach wasn't for lack of trying. Huddersfield worked hard and made sure that most moves forward came with a risk of defensive exposure. At 1-0 up, I can understand the reasons for the players picking and choosing their forward passes.
  • Options

IMO there was no need to take unnecessary risks at 1-0 up.

we didn't and it all turned out well didn't it?
  • Options
    Heard a few boos at the final whistle. Was absolutely disgusted.

The screaming and shouting at the players for not always playing forward balls was doing my head in. Hudders are a very physical team, its not easy to just pass through them at every opportunity - regardless of whether they have 10 men or not.

If you booed at the end, don't bother coming Tuesday - you are not the reason why we have been in such good form recently. Those who have been getting behind the team in recent weeks take the plaudits along with the players and manager.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Knew that would be the response. Unfortunately, there is no strategy that will totally eliminate the threat of conceding. The likelihood of Huddersfield finding an equaliser was much higher if we were caught on the counter.
  • Options
    Booing is idiotic and there is nothing wrong with keeping possession; I thought our problem today was that after the sending off the tempo was slow that the ball was held for too long, with the inevitable result that the only passes available were backwards or sideways. Much as I love Leon Cort I don't think his strength is as the out player looking to place the long ball out of defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many games are decided by fine margins- if Hamer catches that cross, as he should have done, we see out the game and everyone (well, most of us) go home happy. I thought our tactics with 10 men were fine-we had a couple of good breaks from which we should have scored and contained them well other than one mistake which you can't account for. Win on Tuesday and it's been another very good week.

Incidentally, massively agree with kings hill Addick's comments about passing at the back although not about the fans reaction. Heard disgruntlement but not booing.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Make my blood boil .... I still think the sniper system would be best .... Watch for booers and then blow their heads off... After 5 deaths they would all stop...
  • Options
    All the time when there's disgruntlement and sighs and groans some people claim its booing and whilst I wasn't there today (man flu) at the end would the booooing have been for the ref cos let's not forget its always their fault with some of our fans
  • Options

yep, apologies, he did. Still stand by my comments though.

So you accept you're wrong yet still stand by your comments, what an oddball.

• Options
    The best way to see that match out yesterday was to keep the ball.I was saying that to my mate yesterday.He was one of them who was screaming for the ball to be pumped forwards.We as a club and the Country as a whole are useless at keeping the ball.It is not necessarily negative as you can fashion a chance if you are progressive with it.The whole culture in this Country needs to change or we will continue to be a third rate football nation.The passing and ball retention in other Countries is so much better than here.I watch a lot of European football and their technical ability is much better than ours.I feel the crowds over here need to be a lot more patient.It is working at a club like Swansea.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

The best way to see that match out yesterday was to keep the ball.I was saying that to my mate yesterday.He was one of them who was screaming for the ball to be pumped forwards.We as a club and the Country as a whole are useless at keeping the ball.It is not necessarily negative as you can fashion a chance if you are progressive with it.The whole culture in this Country needs to change or we will continue to be a third rate football nation.The passing and ball retention in other Countries is so much better than here.I watch a lot of European football and their technical ability is much better than ours.I feel the crowds over here need to be a lot more patient.It is working at a club like Swansea.

Noo the best way to see the game out was to score a second, and for that to happen we need to attack, once we get a second then we may have a bit more confidence, which can lead to seeing the best out of the players, even CP said it !
  • Options
    Whilst we were knocking the ball about at the back, Huddersfield weren't doing a single thing to get it back off us, sitting back and waiting instead.

Why that made everyone around me so incredibly angry, I really have no idea. What a peculiar set of people...
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Noo the best way to see the game out was to score a second, and for that to happen we need to attack, once we get a second then we may have a bit more confidence, which can lead to seeing the best out of the players, even CP said it !
    If we had kept the ball a bit better we might well have scored a second goal,that is my point.The opposition can't score without th ball.Why do people see keeping the ball and taking the sting out of the game negative?Are Barcelona negative? As they keep the ball better than anybody.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2012
    I did not hear any booing but then again I was too busy feeling frustrated at a bitty game where we had lost the lead to a flapped cross 5 minutes from the end. I think that there was some general frustration at the lack of quality and lack of ideas on the pitch, without clear idea of how things could be better. After Frimpong went off, there was a distinct lack of quality.

I think that the Frimpong substitution was the turning point. Frimpong would have been better off being replaced by Dervite to protect the back 4 (especially with Kerkar out of position). Stephens is better further forward and we would have retained Pritchard's great energy in holding the midfield with Dervite.

With the substitution that was made, the whole dynamic of the game changed and we effectively conceded the midfield. That gave a decent Huddersfield side a chance to get back into the game.

NB When Green came on and Pritchard moved inside, it seemed a natural enough move but it turned out wrongly. The Dervite change I say, after reading the threads and thinking about it, it is easy after the event.

I just hope that Dervite backs up Frimpong the next time, if he is subbed after 65 to 70 mins.

(Or plays if Frimpong is not present or on the bench).
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

Whilst we were knocking the ball about at the back, Huddersfield weren't doing a single thing to get it back off us, sitting back and waiting instead.

Why that made everyone around me so incredibly angry, I really have no idea. What a peculiar set of people...

Firstly i haven't just paid £20 to see the ball knocked about at the back.
    and secondly we are not very good at it.