Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Ham fans

At WHL yesterday afternoon.

Singing "Hitler is coming for you"

Also songs about Lazio and expressing love for Di Canio via Lazio stabbings.

It's past the point where it is extremely sad.

A massive difference between that and us singing about Eric Cantona when we play Palace.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    No different from any other time West Ham or Chelsea have come to WHL in the last 20 years.
    The "can we stab you every week?" was a new one though...

and surprise surprise, Peter Herbert of the Society of Black Lawyers cant be seen for dust now...
  • @JohnBoy I'm fairly sure there are jewish law firms out there ready to take this up.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

No different from any other time West Ham or Chelsea have come to WHL in the last 20 years.

and surprise surprise, Peter Herbert of the Society of Black Lawyers cant be seen for dust now...

Oh yes he can, look behind you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20492168

He's like a fart in a lift.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Oh yes he can, look behind you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20492168

He's like a fart in a lift.
    Ha, I take that back!

• edited November 2012
    I was there as well yesterday and was disgusted by the Hammer's chants.

At first I thought the Paolo Di Canio chants were similar to the Man Utd Cantona chants then I twigged once the Lazio love in started.

I was not sitting that far from Sam Allardyce and cannot believe that he claims not to have heard it.

I started the day as broadly neutral but the way that West Ham's fans acted pushed me in wanting a Spurs victory and I even ended up celebrating their goals.

On the pitch the Hammers looked like a relegation team,but their current points tally should see them safe.Spurs on the other hand were superb and I was very impressed with Hugo Lloris after all of the hype about Friedal.

On a lighter note it was amusing to hear the Hammers nick all of our anti Defoe songs,when after all it was them who stole him off us.What comes round
  • banter

Now this is West ham fans having banter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XujRQ3Rggno
  • banter

Now this is West ham fans having banter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XujRQ3Rggno
    What nice people, he got a Fosters out of it.
  • aren't Gold and Sullivan the west ham owners jewish ??
  • Sponsored links:

• aren't Gold and Sullivan the west ham owners jewish ??

is the pope cathoilic
  • OTT chants but sticks & stones and all that, it's sang for 90 minutes and everyone used to forget about it and nobody in that stand actually believes in any of it.

If you start singing about us being pikies, scum, thick, simple, animals, burning us in a bonfire etc, could you be accussed on abuse & inciting violence?

If we sing about shooting robins when they bob along, will the RSPCA be on our case?
  • edited November 2012
    I used to have a drink with a bunch of West Ham fans in High St Nth, East Ham .. all ages, lovely bunch of blokes, workers, clever guys, great company, good laugh, some married, some single .. BUT when it came to football they were absolute nutters, writing really abusive foul songs and loving nothing more than spilling someone else's blood on a Saturday, home or away .. just 'The Way it Was' .. nowadays there is less scope for fighting and mayhem .. so the songs and the abuse get more extreme
  • Mr Herbert is now fully on the bad wagon oppps sorry i mean case
  • The boy in that video takes it so well
  • Does anyone know what Peter herbert's position was when Frimpong got fined 6k for using the phrase "yid scum" on twatter? #justsaying
  • edited November 2012

OTT chants but sticks & stones and all that, it's sang for 90 minutes and everyone used to forget about it and nobody in that stand actually believes in any of it.

If you start singing about us being pikies, scum, thick, simple, animals, burning us in a bonfire etc, could you be accussed on abuse & inciting violence?

If we sing about shooting robins when they bob along, will the RSPCA be on our case?

Yes, what bad sports those Spurs fans are for not forgetting about chants about stabbings that happened last week or cheering of genocide after 90 minutes. I mean, Millwall shake off being called thick don't they? It's a whole other universe where you lot live isn't it
  • burning millwall is justifiable homicide no jury would convict
  • If West Ham was in any other business but football it would be severely punished. By punished i mean having its licence revoked. Its times like this when I'm genuinely ashamed to be a football fan. Anyone who thinks these sick chants and other racist chanting is acceptable banter are imho justas bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• If West Ham was in any other business but football it would be severely punished. By punished i mean having its licence revoked. Its times like this when I'm genuinely ashamed to be a football fan. Anyone who thinks these sick chants and other racist chanting is acceptable banter are imho justas bad.

Couldn't agree more SHG. We've been lucky to have a fan base that, on the whole, has moved on with the rest of society but other clubs still have a problem. No place for complacency though as Saturday's coin throwing moron shows.
  • Sam Allardyce's reaction in the press conference was nothing short of a disgrace - should he not be severely reprimanded by his club and reminded of his responsibilities? His failure to condemn what is the minority of his supporters is unforgivable - particularly by a man who has been in football a long time, and in an age where clubs have advisers telling their staff what to say, and how to say it.
  • OTT chants but sticks & stones and all that, it's sang for 90 minutes and everyone used to forget about it and nobody in that stand actually believes in any of it.

Are you seriously comparing people making references to the holocaust towards Tottenham fans and people singing about shooting Robins?

Sparrows, sometimes you make decent valid points other times you really do come across as a knuckle dragger. Unfortunately the latter occurs a lot more than the former.
  • edited November 2012
    Sir_Clive said:

Sam Allardyce's reaction in the press conference was nothing short of a disgrace - should he not be severely reprimanded by his club and reminded of his responsibilities? His failure to condemn what is the minority of his supporters is unforgivable - particularly by a man who has been in football a long time, and in an age where clubs have advisers telling their staff what to say, and how to say it.

yeah that was well odd , i mean you don't have to hear it when someone is telling you it happened to condone it
    it was as if he thought he was being accused of bungs or something and wanted to take the no comment approach ... well bizarre
  • I distinctly remember being in the Charlton end at WHL while the 'stick them in an oven, gas mark seven' song has been sung so while I agree that we have a less moronic fan base than many other clubs, we cannot pretend we're immune to criticism.

Regardless, vocal 'minority' or not, the FA need to clamp down on this sort of abuse and I hope they do so. It has no place in the 21st century. Football is so popular that it will always be under the spotlight and these instances demonise the majority of those who go and watch the match, and demonise even more those who go and sing to support their team or humour the opposition with songs that don't mock genocide and attempted murder.

SLL, are you sure no body in the end actually believes any of it? Nick Griffin got almost 15% of the vote in Barking in the last general election.
  • Every set of fans sing songs like this so before people start a whitch hunt for a few West ham fans don't forget Fulham last year. This part of football will never change anytime soon, people will always get worked up at football games and want to shout/sing songs like this.
  • Every set of fans sing songs like this so before people start a whitch hunt for a few West ham fans don't forget Fulham last year. This part of football will never change anytime soon, people will always get worked up at football games and want to shout/sing songs like this.

Well in that case perhaps the authorities ought to teach them a lesson then. Docking ten points for all confirmed racist chanting by your fans (any club) should do for a start. If that doesn't work I'd go for 20 points for a second offence. After that auto relegation perhaps. Do you think that might make the morons that can't help themselves to think a bit ?

Spot on!

"get worked up" So that makes it OK does it? It's the worst excuse in the world and it doesn't make it all right.

It can and hopefully will change anytime soon.

It just needs the Clubs to carry on giving life time bans as West Ham did today (well done them) and for other fans to stop shrugging their shoulders or making pathetic excuses like above and shout down the idiots.

We no longer hear the monkey noises and other racist chants anything like we used to and that was in part due to people saying "no, this isn't right, it's not acceptable, it's not banter, it's vile, racist and nasty and we don't want to hear it at our Club from our fans".

• Well said Henry. Wish I'd said that.