Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Bugg

Comments

• Options
    There's nothing worse than music Nazis !

But Buggs pretty good.
  • Options
    Who ?
  • Options

Who ?

A brilliant solo Artist .
  • Options
    The irony in that is that Bugg has writers himself, unfortunately.
  • Options
    I've got tickets for 1 direction at the O2 !
  • Options
    That article comes across as a Simon Cowell press release. Why doesn't everyone just buy both their records then we can see who's best. I remember when Noel Gallagher said in an interview that he hoped two members of Blur would catch AIDS. Pop's not what it used to be
  • Options
    It's kinda depressing that every aspiring indie/rock artist has to make these kinda comments in order to be in the NME/other indie mags.

Never saw the hype myself, would rather just listen to the real thing than an imitation of the 60s.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Lee Mavers in so many ways.
  • Options

The irony in that is that Bugg has writers himself,
    unfortunately.

Its half and half Jake bugg has a few co writer's , but in every song it is Bugg/Archer for example, although we don't know how much input either have in the songs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who are they for?
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Who are they for?
    My daughter ! Honest.
    Never heard of Jake Bugg but have just u-tubed him because of this thread, and he sounds good.
  • Options
    Like Bugg very much. His new one does sound very much like Mikes Kane ( which is a good thing)
  • Options

Who are they for?
    My daughter ! Honest.
    Never heard of Jake Bugg but have just u-tubed him because of this thread, and he sounds good.
    Phew... Now get her some Jake Bugg tickets and save her soul... LOL.
  • Options
    Jake buggs album is superb
  • Options
    Listened to my son's CD.

Good stuff
  • Options

Who are they for?
    My daughter ! Honest.
    Amen !
  • Options

Who are they for?
    My daughter ! Honest.
    Funny you should say that, but i did try to get some tickets last night on ticketmaster for her to see him live but they were all sold out.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Who are they for?
    My daughter ! Honest.
    Funny you should say that, but i did try to get some tickets last night on ticketmaster for her to see him live but they were all sold out.
    At least you are trying, good on yer Pres!
  • Options

They're not bad. Their songs are quite catchy. I think they should be admired for the success they've had and not just dismissed because of where they came from.

I am a fan of Jake Bugg just to be clear.

I haven't dismissed them because of where there from,and i admit there doing well !
    i just think there music's a pile of crap, and are only famous for looks and apperance, lets be honest if it wasn't for 12-18 year old girls they would be nowhere ! Just my opinion thoe
    I never get this argument. 12-18 year old girls exist and the market is there to be exploited. If teenagers didn't exist full stop, half of the popular music across the whole would cease to exist with them.

PS Jake Bugg's got a bright future. Great debut album.
    Yeah but the girls only really appreciate there looks and not there music,
    Music is dying !!
    That generation have been bought up with crap .
    I'm sure people said the same about The Beatles, The Monkees, Duran Duran, Take That .....etc, etc.

Personally I think it's mainly crap, but there are still some catchy tunes out there the same as there have always been.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

They're not bad. Their songs are quite catchy. I think they should be admired for the success they've had and not just dismissed because of where they came from.

I am a fan of Jake Bugg just to be clear.

I haven't dismissed them because of where there from,and i admit there doing well !
    i just think there music's a pile of crap, and are only famous for looks and apperance, lets be honest if it wasn't for 12-18 year old girls they would be nowhere ! Just my opinion thoe
    I never get this argument. 12-18 year old girls exist and the market is there to be exploited. If teenagers didn't exist full stop, half of the popular music across the whole would cease to exist with them.

PS Jake Bugg's got a bright future. Great debut album.
    Yeah but the girls only really appreciate there looks and not there music,
    Music is dying !!
    That generation have been bought up with crap .
    I'm sure people said the same about The Beatles, The Monkees, Duran Duran, Take That .....etc, etc.

Personally I think it's mainly crap, but there are still some catchy tunes out there the same as there have always been.
    I wasn't around in that generation , maybe someone could tell me if so ?

But lets be honest and lets prey that in 40 years time they aren't playing the computerised crap thats out there today , and hopefully just stick to the 60,70,80's when real music was being produced.
  • Options
    Hyoutube.com/watch?v=UAriFwhPdA8e

also does a great cover of Slide Away on BBC's Radio One Live Lounge. Take a listen.
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

also does a great cover of Slide Away on BBC's Radio One Live Lounge. Take a listen.

Brilliant cover !
    ' Seen it all ' is my favourite song .
  • Options
    'i drink to remember, smoke to forget' - jake bugg
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

Thanks for posting that, absolute quality. Need to check the lad out as I've missed all the hype.
  • Options
    Seen it all is my favourite as well. Love it and the lyrics make me thankful that I'm not a youngster anymore!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Agree B. Lyrics give me goosebumps, a mix of admiration for the song and how he sings/plays it, but also a sense of fear that someone the same age as my nephew can sing words like that and you know that he's almost certainly singing about something he's experienced.

An unbelievable talent. If anyone's missed out on the current tour, he's out again in October & I can't wait for the Brixton Academy on the 24th.
  • Options
    Just watched that Curb It and Tel, cracking. I've clearly missed out on this young fella, seems absolute quality and massively agree with someone's earlier post that he sounds like Lee Mavers, never a truer word spoken.
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/FZzJQYXN6rI
    Country Song is special .
  • Options
    Ridiculously late to the party, but very glad I came. Saw him on Graham
    Norton and realised he's brilliant. I don't see much in the Dylan comparisons myself, but get a real sense of Don McLean. And that's a rare, rare thing.