Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Bugg

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Prefer Fionn Regan.............
  • Options
    Elvis album out next week. Plus a new beatles album

Jake bugg and elvis and the beatles my car is going to be in some long slow journies
  • Options
    JiMMy...thanks for sharing the album. Been listening overnight and know he played quite a few at the Brixton gig the other week. Absolutely loving it. Picking out a favourite track is impossible, I'm hearing different things with every listen, but Simple Pleasures and Messed Up Kids are getting most play at the moment. So much for "the difficult 2nd album"...Superb!!

P.S. The update on Dropbox worked too, so those extra tracks are there as well. Thanks again :)

Tango...love Fionn Regan too. North Star Lover is just a sublime track :)
  • Options
    I didn't hear some of the later tracks til today, I don't think there's a duff track on there! Driving through the local housing estate in the rain yesterday hearing 'Messed Up Kids' was perfectly timed.
  • Options
    Have listened through a few times now. Can't hear a duff track there at all. Simple Pleasures is turning into a big favourite :)
  • Options
    is it on spotify already? hope so. really got into this lad off the back of this thread.

Elvis album out next week. Plus a new beatles album

Jake bugg and elvis and the beatles my car is going to be in some long slow journies

now thats the kinda hackney carriage vibe id be happy to ride in!

• Options
    Shared the new album with one of the young girls in the office who's a big fan. She listened to it all last night and loves it too. Had "A Song About Love" on repeat earlier. Keep switching favourites, which I think is a sign of a great album.
  • Options
    His new album is brilliant! However his first album is just a masterpiece!
    Simple as this, is my new favorite track
  • Options
    Tel is right - favourite tune keeps changing from Shangri La. Trying to learn the words to sing a long but there are too many.

My favourite all time albums took a while to get into before becoming classics. I hope I don't overplay this.
  • Options
    Have listening on the way into work for the last couple of days. Very good album, each song seems surpass the previous one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been listening to his new album this week. The stuff that's classic Bugg is welcome. Some of it is not, though. It's his first truly-solo album, as the studio let him off the leash a bit. And it shows.

On My One
    Nice tune, lyrically questionable. Sounds a bit "my wallet's too small for my fifties", a reminder that he's gone alone on this album. I'd love this song with different lyrics.

Gimme The Love
    Nice hook, stops short of rapping but the beat is... not very Bugg, to put it nicely.

Love, Hope and Misery
    Classic Bugg. This is more like Broken or Song About Love

The Love We're Hoping For
    Very much inspired by A Horse With No Name. I dare him to deny it.

Put Out The Fire
    Typical Bugg. Fun, folksy.

Never Wanna Dance
    Interesting mix on this one. A bit different vocally, nice beat. Good hook again.

Ain't No Rhyme
    I'm deleting this from my phone and pretending he didn't write it. It's fucking atrocious.

Livin' Up Country
    Tyically Bugg again, a nicely paced country song, I'm a sucker for slide guitars.

All That
    Could be from any of his albums. A soft, sensitive tone. It's Pine Trees 2, which is very welcome to me.

Bitter Salt/ Hold On You
    Meh. Average Bugg album tracks.