Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Light snow up here, forecast to be really bad tomorrow.

You'll have to stay in your sty, Piggy.

That's Sheff Utd, they are the pigs, i'm on an Operation you see, Operationpig.

• Options
    edited January 2013

Oggy Red said:

Ah, an Operation ...... I get it, Piggy. Undercover Agent, intrigue and mystery. I won't blow your cover.

PS: Why do your stripey friends call you Howlers pigs, then ....?
    Can't you tell each other apart?

Or perhaps Pigs is just a common term for anyone who lives in Sheffield.
    Could explain a lot.

;o)

• Options
    edited January 2013

Oggy Red said:

Not according to them! You've finally surfaced then after the cup KO, concentrating on the league eh. What do you reckon tomorrow week then?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Ah, an Operation ...... I get it, Piggy. Undercover Agent, intrigue and mystery. I won't blow your cover.

PS: Why do your stripey friends call you Howlers pigs, then ....?
    Can't you tell each other apart?

Or perhaps Pigs is just a common term for anyone who lives in Sheffield.
    Could explain a lot.

;o)

They were originally called the bacon backs because of the stripy bacon looking shirts, in later years that changed to just simple pigs, they try and call it us because they have to absolutely copy everything we do, like the fact we were called the Blades and gave it to them, United were only created to give Wednesday a local game lol.

Cheers for not blowing my cover too.

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Not according to them! You've finally surfaced then after the cup KO, concentrating on the league eh. What do you reckon tomorrow week then?
    They had a fan deliberately change something on Wikipedia about a Pig farm being located near Hillsborough, it turned out to be absolute BS, now you have to ask the question why would someone do that? lol

Yeah, sorry bout not been on after the MK game, I'll try and come straight on next time, cheers.

• Options
    This is facinating stuff.
  • Options

This is facinating stuff.

No, Shooters, it really isn't ;o)
  • Options
    On that note i'm off, nite chaps.

• Options
    Anyway, my earlier cockiness has come back and bit me in the arse. Been snowing now since 17.30 and lots of it! Duvet and DVD day with the missus tomorrow then. Sweet.
  • Options
    Ahh! Just wrap duvet round yer cock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, I have got a kingsize so could do.

Just.
  • Options

Anyway, my earlier cockiness has come back and bit me in the arse. Been snowing now since 17.30 and lots of it! Duvet and DVD day with the missus tomorrow then. Sweet.

Ain't you going to the match? You must be the nearest lifer to Blackburn!

Duvet and DVD !! ....... hey, what about poor Fanny and Co going all the way ?

;o)

• Options
    Someone has, overnight, written CPFC in the snow covering the bonnet of my truck. Made me smile. This means war!
  • Options
    Thought I'd do the 'pee my name in the snow' thingy...the missus went mad! She recognized the neighbours handwriting.
  • Options
    Just back from Gloucester on buisness, plenty of snow down there.
  • Options
    Meant to get a good bit again tomoz

Just got in from sledging still love it

My nearly 3 yr old loved it more more more again again again

Thing is the hill is so steep that it's super fast but the flip side is its a fecka to walk back up especially with a 3 yr old on your shoulders
  • Options
    Mate of mine has just been wiped out by 2 teenagers on a sledge. He had his back to the slope doing his 5 year old daughters coat up and didnt hear the shouts. He went about 5 foot in the air and crunched onto his shoulder. In hospital now,high on morphine,waiting for the docs to put his dislocated shoulder back in,ouch!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The amount of wipe outs I witnessed today was mad at one stage there was a 6 sledge pile up and one kid getting a wooden sledge round his swede

No one seriously hurt some of the younger ones a bit tearful

You def should never turn your back on the slope

It's a risk vs reward past time the pics and memories of your kids and yourselves just doing something so fun and it's free just about tips it for me and where we go there are hundreds up there and the atmosphere is blinding

Until the hood rats turn up and start throwing snowballs at the kids going down

Takes a few of the dads to have a bit of a word and they soon leave the cowards

We buy a new sledge in the summer when the shops are banging them out for a couple of quid

Saw the same sledge for a score today that I paid 3 quid for

We bought 4 sledges this summer as they do tend to snap after a few days down the slope
  • Options
    I'd love to take the kids sledging but there don't seem to be any decent hills around Swanley........(anyone know of any ??)

I always remember when I was a kid we went over to the local woods where there was a decent , but fairly short, slope. I always found a tea tray better than a sledge.
  • Options
    Aren't there any slopes in Swanley Park Golfie? (it's been a while since I went there_
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I 'may' have bunked off 6th form yesterday to go sledging.

IF I did, it was totally worth it and me and my mates had a great time, I really do love the snow.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Ain't you going to the match? You must be the nearest lifer to Blackburn!

Duvet and DVD !! ....... hey, what about poor Fanny and Co going all the way ?

;o)

Blackburn is way over the Penines Oggy and we had a lot of snow yesterday so that's my excuse. Nothing to do with being fickle and fairweather ;o)

Anyway, more importantly, what's this about Fanny going all the way?!?
  • Options

I'd love to take the kids sledging but there don't seem to be any decent hills around Swanley........(anyone know of any ??)

I always remember when I was a kid we went over to the local woods where there was a decent , but fairly short, slope. I always found a tea tray better than a sledge.

Pinks Hill estate. Cracking hill there parallel with the m25
  • Options
    No snow today in my part of Surrey and all looking ugly. Nothing forecast tonight but some due tomorrow.

How is Gillingham for snow ? Supposed to be there tomorrow.
  • Options
    South and east of London is in the hit zone for Sunday. Anything from 2 to 5 cms expected. Coming in two hits. Early morning and then again pm.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

No snow today in my part of Surrey and all looking ugly. Nothing forecast tonight but some due tomorrow.

I'm a few miles from Gillingham but the motorway and main roads are fine at the moment.

An inch max otherwise.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

I'm a few miles from Gillingham but the motorway and main roads are fine at the moment.

An inch max otherwise.
    Plenty of sites on web that insist they can help out with your inch Len. ;0)

• Options
    Expecting snow tomorrow, will be a bit tricky getting down the hill to the old town for the Sunday session, but up for it after todays result.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

An inch max otherwise.
    Plenty of sites on web that insist they can help out with your inch Len. ;0)

Who mentioned The Fool on the Hill?

:-)
  • Options
    Touche