Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    thinking of doing it properly this year - greenwich park. Gravel Hill just isn't quite the same - anybody near greenwich park know what the roads / park are like. Bit concerned we'll get over there and it will be a mudslide as the snow isn't thick enough?
  • Options

thinking of doing it properly this year - greenwich park. Gravel Hill just isn't quite the same - anybody near greenwich park know what the roads / park are like. Bit concerned we'll get over there and it will be a mudslide as the snow isn't thick enough?

Not sure if Greenwich Park is back to normal yet after the Olympics. We went there a few weeks back and big chunks of it were still closed off, which seemed to mean that the same number of people were in there but just in a smaller area, so was "busy".
  • Options
    Heavy snow down here.
  • Options
    Snowing heavily in Greenhithe now .
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I cleared the snow off our drive and out the front of ours and my neighbours house yesterday. That was worth it!
  • Options
    Miguel Llera here in bexleyheath...

All over the place
  • Options
    Lol, ORH !
  • Options

Blizzard like conditions in Bexley. Settling too.

Really !

A blizzard is a severe snowstorm characterized by strong winds and low temperatures. The difference between a blizzard and a snowstorm is the strength of the wind. To be a blizzard, a snow storm must have sustained winds or frequent gusts that are greater than or equal to 56 km/h (35 mph) with blowing or drifting snow which reduces visibility to 400 meters or a quarter mile or less and must last for a prolonged period of time — typically three hours or more.[1] Snowfall amounts do not have to be significant. In Australia the definition requires that at least some snow has been raised from the ground.[2]

Impact of blizzard
    A severe blizzard has winds over 72 km/h (45 mph), near zero visibility, and temperatures of −12 °C (10 °F) or lower. A ground blizzard has snowdrifts and blowing snow near the ground, but no falling snow.[3]
    Blizzards can bring near-whiteout conditions, and can paralyze regions for days at a time, particularly where snowfall is unusual or rare. The 1972 Iran blizzard, which caused approximately 4,000 deaths, was the deadliest in recorded history.

I was talking about Bexley, Ohio.
  • Options

Blizzard like conditions in Bexley. Settling too.

Really !

A blizzard is a severe snowstorm characterized by strong winds and low temperatures. The difference between a blizzard and a snowstorm is the strength of the wind. To be a blizzard, a snow storm must have sustained winds or frequent gusts that are greater than or equal to 56 km/h (35 mph) with blowing or drifting snow which reduces visibility to 400 meters or a quarter mile or less and must last for a prolonged period of time — typically three hours or more.[1] Snowfall amounts do not have to be significant. In Australia the definition requires that at least some snow has been raised from the ground.[2]

Impact of blizzard
    A severe blizzard has winds over 72 km/h (45 mph), near zero visibility, and temperatures of −12 °C (10 °F) or lower. A ground blizzard has snowdrifts and blowing snow near the ground, but no falling snow.[3]
    Blizzards can bring near-whiteout conditions, and can paralyze regions for days at a time, particularly where snowfall is unusual or rare. The 1972 Iran blizzard, which caused approximately 4,000 deaths, was the deadliest in recorded history.

I was talking about Bexley, Ohio.
    Gotcha ;0

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A cold Charlton gnome
  • Options
    Beat this anyone?
  • Options
    Finally, blue skies and sunshine - quite unexpected and not forecast!

But not a snowflake in sight.
  • Options
    From Steven Walrond on Twitter
  • Options
    Hope the gritters are out and about tonight. Need to be at Maidstone Hospital by 07:30 tomorrow.
  • Options

Beat this anyone?

Yep........... ;)
  • Options
    My kids love all the snowmen pictures being shown on the British news, we have a couple of feet of snow on the ground here but its like icing sugar, great for skiiing on absulutely useless for snowballs or snowmen!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Blimey, TCE ...... I know it's Arctic winds - but is that a Polar bear in your garden?
  • Options
    The neighbours have built a snowman about 8 ft tall!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody Hell TCE, thats a brilliant "SnowDog".
  • Options
    Great pic TCE
  • Options
    What a beautiful dog, TCE !
  • Options

Hope the gritters are out and about tonight. Need to be at Maidstone Hospital by 07:30 tomorrow.

Scan?
  • Options
    BDL said:

From Steven Walrond on Twitter

Is this a pic from the high rise flats near the ground?

• Options

Two and a half hours before we're due to leave for centre parcs. In two minds at the moment.

Crack on Dave. Life shouldn't stop because of a bit of snow.

Go and enjoy yourselves!!!
    Pissed it, just over an hour and a half from bexley. Came down a bit just north of the tunnel but pretty clear after that. Swim, beer, curry in that order.
    Now have a decision to make about coming home. We have the lodge until tomorrow but my wife is a teacher and we had planned to leave late tonight for her to get to work in the morning. We're hoping the decision is made to shut the school tonight, what's it like in sidcup?
  • Options
    its been snowing from about 9am here in Borough Green, and its still coming dowm, albeit lightly. I haven't used the car for a few days and going to hate "uncovering" it tomorrow morning..............
  • Options

Two and a half hours before we're due to leave for centre parcs. In two minds at the moment.

Pissed it, just over an hour and a half from bexley. Came down a bit just north of the tunnel but pretty clear after that. Swim, beer, curry in that order.
    Now have a decision to make about coming home. We have the lodge until tomorrow but my wife is a teacher and we had planned to leave late tonight for her to get to work in the morning. We're hoping the decision is made to shut the school tonight, what's it like in sidcup?
    Hasn't stopped since around 8.30am. Still coming down hard now. When I came in earlier is was settling on the main roads - Halfway St, Avery Hill Rd.
  • Options

Hasn't stopped since around 8.30am. Still coming down hard now. When I came in earlier is was settling on the main roads - Halfway St, Avery Hill Rd.
    Cheers, think I may get another night here!
  • Options
    Can't see many being open mate, I'd stay, and quite legitimately say you weren't able to drive back.