Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    How have the volunteers been getting on clearing snow from the ground?

Anyone here done a stint today?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

How have the volunteers been getting on clearing snow from the ground?

Anyone here done a stint today?

Nope, we all went and had a game of hide and seek instead, and Nathan was IT again
  • Options
    Oh that was funny on seat cleaning day last season.
    poor Nathan.
  • Options
    Spill the beans, MrOneLung.

What happened to Nathan?
  • Options
    Greetings from Kenya!
    It isn't snowing here. Actually the rains have just finished, about a month later than usual, and we are entering a hot dry spell for the next two to three months before the next set of rains. The climate is quite good in Nairobi (typically 28 Celsius) because we are at 5,500ft above sea level. However, the sun is quite fierce during the day.
    We do have snow in Kenya, but only at the top of Mount Kenya. Then we can also see the snow on Mount Kilimanjaro, although that is in Tanzania.
    There is a great story about how three Italian PoWs in Kenya during WW2 were so bored that they decided to break out of their camp and climb Mount Kenya using a picture on a biscuit tin as a map. The map was wrong, they got lost and also attacked by wild animals. However, they had a great adventure and then returned to camp.
    The British Camp Commandant didn't know what to do. Few people escaped from camp and even fewer returned. He just gave them some solitary and called it quits!
    I really feel for you guys back home!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Spill the beans, MrOneLung.

What happened to Nathan?

Not sure if he got the wrong day or if everyone was hiding but he got to the ground, couldnt find anyone and went home.
  • Options

Actually the rains have just finished, about a month later than usual, and we are entering a hot dry spell for the next two to three months before the next set of rains.

If only, if only we could look forward to that weather pattern over here!

BTW great story about the Italian POWs. Loved it!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

No - nor down here either, Weegie. Not a single snow flake.
    Just rain, rain, rain.

There ought to be a law against it.

I feel for you Oggy, havent seen rain here in many months - or even that much snow, it's just sun, sun, sun - fed up with it, bring on the snow!! :)

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-3_metric_e.html
  • Options
    Hi Oakster ......well, this side of the pond as you'll no doubt remember, gloomy January is when the positive folk book their holidays, the sensible are already sunning themselves in the bleedin' Seychelles, and the unstable think the darkest of dark thoughts.

Today, surprise, surprise - the sun shone all day from powder blue skies and I even cut my lawn. It's the same sort of feeling you get when Charlton actually beat Millwall, if you're able to remember that far back.

Tomorrow the forecast is heavy rain all day.
    I'll be thinking of you with your wall to wall sunshine.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Hi Oakster ......well, this side of the pond as you'll no doubt remember, gloomy January is when the positive folk book their holidays, the sensible are already sunning themselves in the bleedin' Seychelles, and the unstable think the darkest of dark thoughts.

Today, surprise, surprise - the sun shone all day from powder blue skies and I even cut my lawn. It's the same sort of feeling you get when Charlton actually beat Millwall, if you're able to remember that far back.

Tomorrow the forecast is heavy rain all day.
    I'll be thinking of you with your wall to wall sunshine.

I think you'd feel at home in Vancouver Oggy, first year I was out here - it rained something like 30 consecutive days - liquid sunshine they call it !!
  • Options
    M25 all the way round from Enfield said

ADVANCE WARNING
    SEVERE WEATHER TODAY
    DRIVE WITH CARE

WTF is that all about i aint heard nothing about any more snow ???
  • Options
    Yep, today and tomorrow.
  • Options
    I heard Rain Rain Rain all weekend on monday , tues, weds News and didnt watch feck all last night

any chance it hits by 2pm
  • Options
    Plenty forecast ooooop North this afternoon followed by a sharp rise in temperatures tomorrow.
  • Options
    If we do get snow then presumably tomorrow's match will be in doubt.

D'urso isn't the ref I hope! 2:55 postponement and all that!
  • Options
    Snow until midnight?.
  • Options
    Only sleet being predicted tonight now on BBC site
  • Options
    It's colder today than it has been all week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southeastern just sent an e-mail alert:

More snow is forecast in the South East from around 7pm this evening - please check before you travel and allow additional time for your journey.

We are running our regular timetable service, and wherever possible we'll be strengthening our trains to reduce the chance of them failing.

Temperatures are predicted to remain below freezing overnight and in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

To keep up to date please visit southeasternrailway.co.uk/liverunning or follow us on Twitter @Se_Railway.

Southeastern
  • Options
    And a daytime high tomorrow well above freezing as the wind turns southwesterly. So it will melt anyway.
  • Options

And a daytime high tomorrow well above freezing as the wind turns southwesterly. So it will melt anyway.

BBC said 7 degrees for tomorrow afternoon. T-shirt weather!
  • Options
    looks like we are due a dollop from around 8ish tonight to around midnight - but then the temps are due to rise tomorrow and by the afternoon it could be 6 degrees plus, so hopefully melting any lying snow.
  • Options
    Better tell the Massives not to bring shovels then.
  • Options

Better tell the Massives not to bring shovels then.

Or trousers

• Options
    No sign yet?
  • Options
    Dry as a bone here in Dartford
  • Options

Dry as a bone here in Dartford

You wanna get some cream for that, Fanny.
    ;-)