Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    what is the matter with this poxy country..we can't even get the weather right.

heavy snow predicted overnight here.
  • Options
    Shepway is at a standstill. Luckily im not there
  • Options
    In Brighton All bus services have been withdrawn leaving hundreds stranded !
    Mayheem !
  • Options
    Huh .... everyone gets excited over a little bit of snow.

I wanna build a snowman but it never seems to snow down here.

• Options
    will this 'kin winter never end ?
  • Options
    Global warming - could do with a bit of that right now! A few years ago we were told to expect mild winters and hot dry summers, but the last few years have been the exact opposite. Now they call it climate change - the 'man made climate change' protagonists always seem to find an excuse to fit the weather to their theories.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Took me over an hour to do a 20min trip from Maidstone to Platt. Seven Mile Lane crawling or stopped both ways, A25 blocked in some places along the Platt, Borough Green, Kemsing, Sevenoaks route, lorries and vans unable to get up the smallest of slopes and when they do they have to crawl down the other side.
    It is clear the roads have not been gritted, I reckon the councils thought they would get away with this one.
  • Options

Took me over an hour to do a 20min trip from Maidstone to Platt. Seven Mile Lane crawling or stopped both ways, A25 blocked in some places along the Platt, Borough Green, Kemsing, Sevenoaks route, lorries and vans unable to get up the smallest of slopes and when they do they have to crawl down the other side.
    It is clear the roads have not been gritted, I reckon the councils thought they would get away with this one.

was on the a25 borough green area a few hours ago. Not gritted. I thought they would of got round to it by now. obviously not. got to go back out there in the next hour. sigh.
  • Options
    Football training tonight was not warm.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    f*cking ridiculous out on that A25 borough green/sevenoaks area. nearly slid off the road. could of had an accident, could of been injured. i was lucky, other people out on the road tonight might not be so lucky. i can hear sirens out on the road now. council knew it was coming but couldn’t be bothered to do anything about it! stupid pricks! pay council tax for this! gonna ring them and let them know how shit they are!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh joy
    Leaving work at 10 to come home via seven mile lane
    Sort it out council or u ain't getting my money this month.
  • Options
    M25 at a standstill around 6.30
  • Options
    People haver been stuck on the a25 for over 5 hours.
  • Options
    Dartford to Snodland just took me over 3 hours
  • Options
    5 hours Canterbury to Folkestone my mate had lol.
  • Options
    took me over an hour to go from borough green to swanley and it would have taken longer had it not been the fact that it had hardly snowed in Swanley.

none of the roads had ben gritted ...........wtf - this snow had been forecast for the last few days - what have the councils been doing ?
  • Options
    Took a driver 5 hours to get from West Malling to Dartford, Peas Pottage is blocked, Plenty of Jacknifed lorrys, M20 is not moving, sounds horrible.
  • Options

Oh joy
    Leaving work at 10 to come home via seven mile lane
    Sort it out council or u ain't getting my money this month.

you have my sympathy Floyd. Although I live in essex I know what a bastard 7 mile lane is in. the snow as my daughter attended. Hadlow college.
  • Options
    Just in, took me almost 6 hours to get to Dartford from Paddock Wood
  • Options
    Bloody cold out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wife took 2 hours from St Leonards to Battle and then it took four hours from Battle to home, a journey that is six miles and normally ten minutes. Absolute joke. Trains were running ok though.
  • Options
    Left work at 1630 in Sevenoaks and got back to Tunbridge Wells 5 hours later.
  • Options
    Had a mate take 12 hours to get from work in Whitstable to down by Dover. Crazy.
  • Options
    Left Gillingham at 10 last night
    Got back to home near Hadlow at 1 joy

Love rear wheel drives!
  • Options
    My boss left gatwick at 6.30pm yesterday. Arrived home in Peacehaven at 7.45am this morning.
  • Options
    heard about A23/M23 this morning.

err, Gatwick is one of the busiest airports in the world and we don't think to have the main route into it cleared/gritted.

useless feckers.
  • Options

wife took 2 hours from St Leonards to Battle and then it took four hours from Battle to home, a journey that is six miles and normally ten minutes. Absolute joke. Trains were running ok though.

Wife working from home this week, roads are terrible (Ridge and A259), surprised your saying the trains were OK though.
  • Options

.... and the winter goes on and on

..... and on
    .... and on, 2 degrees forecast Sunday, what the flipping hell is going on?

• Options
    It's ridiculous. Long term forecast is for the temperature not to get above eight degrees until APRIL ffs.
  • Options
    A year ago today we moved into our new house, sitting in the garden, doors open, flowers blooming, warm, lovely.

This year cold and grey, and for the last 4 bloody months also.