Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Probably have a really hot summer
  • Options
    Not doing much for my solar panels either . . .
  • Options
    I vaguely remember back in the mid 1960s when we had snow at Easter
  • Options

. That's nothing, had snow as late as December the other year.....

• Options
    Bloody Global Warming/Cooling* !

*Delete where appropriate.
  • Options
    Now now MOG, all the environmentalists will tell you it is now called 'climate change' .
  • Options

April 66...a foot of snow in the city by 12 midday.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Now now MOG, all the environmentalists will tell you it is now called 'climate change' .

Okay.....

Warming Climate Change/Cooling Climate Change*

*Delete where appropriate.

Better ? ;-)

• Options
    If the gulf stream moves at the rate it has done recently, or is as unpredictable as it has been, then we had better get used to it.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

If the gulf stream moves at the rate it has done recently, or is as unpredictable as it has been, then we had better get used to it.

But if it stays where it is it will be a good summer.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

Think he means the Jet Stream - we need it to be north of us and at the moment its a long, long way south - its gonna stay (very) cold for a while yet - sorry!
  • Options
    Hex said:

PL54 said:

Think he means the Jet Stream - we need it to be north of us and at the moment its a long, long way south - its gonna stay (very) cold for a while yet - sorry!
    You're right - O' level geography letting me down again.

I should stick to Ox Bow lakes and The Inner City Heat Island effect.
  • Options
    Cuckmere Haven, East Sussex - great examples of Ox Bow Lakes
  • Options
    Just been for a cig and it is bloody cold out. Was this weekend last year where people were in shorts at Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Heavy snow forecast for Bromley on Saturday & some snow Sunday (according to some forecasts).

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;ct=4324~London Borough of Bromley;sess=#forecast
  • Options
    LOL - you are all getting a taste of a Canadian winter - snow forecast here today 15cms by tomorrow morning & -7 at the moment so quite mild - should be great on the ski slopes as we have a day off tomorrow
  • Options
    I was a bit disappointed to see the forecast high for Orange County was only 19 degrees when I arrive (is usually mid 20's when I am there). However, looking at what the UK will be like, it will feel postively tropical quite frankly.

Have genuinely had it with this winter. Jokes aside, I think the lack of sun and cold / rain all the time does no favours for my mood. Does anyone remember a week or 2 ago when we had 1 day when it was around 13 and sunny? Seriously felt glorious, bit of warm sun seemed to lift everyone.
  • Options

Snowed at Easter about 4 or 5 years ago remember doing the Easter egg hunt in the snow atShorne Country Park
  • Options
    The Day After Tomorrow.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

LOL - you are all getting a taste of a Canadian winter - snow forecast here today 15cms by tomorrow morning & -7 at the moment so quite mild - should be great on the ski slopes as we have a day off tomorrow

Proper chucking it down with snow here in Edmonton. I swear it's been waiting for me to get back from our hols.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hex said:

PL54 said:

Far North is good but far south is ok also but can have a nagging Easterly wind. From today, days will be longer than nights so the Sun will eventually win...dons tin hat.

• Options
    Snowing 6am - 9pm on Saturday (roughly) not sure how much?
  • Options
    The seaweed on my windowsill tells me it will sleet some on Saturday but nothing enough to settle. At least not south of the river.
  • Options

The seaweed on my windowsill tells me it will sleet some on Saturday but nothing enough to settle. At least not south of the river.

Phew, cheers SHG!

• Options

Your seaweed is probably right SHG but if anyone is travelling this weekend then can I suggest the Met Office seaweed is also checked (via live BBC forecasts, not the computer generated text ones on the Internet) as there is going to be some pretty dramatic weather around and where/when is far from decided.
  • Options
    Hex said:

Your seaweed is probably right SHG but if anyone is travelling this weekend then can I suggest the Met Office seaweed is also checked (via live BBC forecasts, not the computer generated text ones on the Internet) as there is going to be some pretty dramatic weather around and where/when is far from decided.
    How very dare you. That seaweed was picked from the rocks at Dungeoness last summer. It predicted a wet summer and was correct. At least I never saw it dry out. Seriously though, north of London but nothing to worry us in the capital.

• Options
    It was snowing, albeit very lighlty, in SE9 at 6am this morning.
  • Options
    Bloody 49 (f/c, not sure which) in my bathroom this morning.
    Very cold.......
  • Options
    Was due to go Sheffield sat to look at a schnauzer don't think I will be making that trip

No snow for us just rain in the south east
  • Options

Bloody 49 (f/c, not sure which) in my bathroom this morning.
    Very cold.......

Man up, every morning after my shower I go out to feed the rabbit in just a towel.