Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Huddersfield’s will be nervously looking over their shoulders. Italy could we beat their record if they can go another 5 years unbeaten. 
    Italy probably won’t undermine their record by losing in the League One playoffs in the middle of their run either.
  • Danny Murphy must be the most boring co commentator in the history of football. I should imagine being in his company would be like being at a wake with no alcohol. 
  • That run deserved a goal. 
  • Scoham said:

I think MC Hammer threw those trousers out 30 years ago.
  • Here we go... 
  • Ignition?
  • That makes it an interesting 6 minutes or so
  • What a shit goal to concede. Austria more rah deserve it though
  • Sponsored links:

• Game on
  • Full Kevin Keegan style “I would love it if Austria…”
  • Been a rubbish Euros……
  • If the Euros have done anything, it’s made me book a test drive for a ID 4
  • Danny Murphy must be the most boring co commentator in the history of football. I should imagine being in his company would be like being at a wake with no alcohol. 
    Ha, I said this at exactly the same time (about 15 mins ago).
  • Once again, a team that looks great in the first group games, doesn't look so hot in the knock outs.
    The subs turned that round for them.
    Ha, I said this at exactly the same time (about 15 mins ago).
    He is just so tedious. I heard him on talksport the other day when I was driving - I genuinely could feel myself falling at the wheel. 
  • Rothko said:
    If the Euros have done anything, it’s made me book a test drive for a ID 4
    Make sure you aren’t listening to Danny Murphy on the radio whilst doing it - you will end up driving straight in to a wall at 100mph. 
  • Great match. The right team won.
  • Sponsored links:

• Italy ain’t winning that side of the draw.
  • Been out all day , I presume there’s a Twitter video of the English team jumping around like complete cnuts at the Welsh going out …..
    no oh well I was when I heard they had , fcuk em 
    Agreed, best game of the Euros so far for me. Loved every minute of it, especially Bale sulking
  • Italy v Belgium/Portugal will be an excellent quarter final 
    Unless Mancini sorts himself out then i got a feeling Italy are going out in the next round. He plays everyone on the wings/wing back on their weaker foot which means they have to always cut inside to try and cross the ball which Austria knew. Just slows all the attacks down. Just switch it during the game for 20 minutes or so. It will give the opposition something to think about. Unless he's saving that for when we play them in the final.. 

Also don't drop Locatelli just cos Verratti is back from injury. Verratti is a good player but Locatelli has been brilliant so far. 
  • edited June 2021
    Seeing as Italy will be playing Belgium or Portugal, their have a better than fair chance of going out in the next round. As would most nations. What yesterday showed us was that they may not be quite as good as they looked against shite teams. Their game against Wales hinted this might be the case also. They are still one of the teams that can win it with a fair wind, as are England, but they are definitely going to need that fair wind.
  • Other than Brazil in 1970, when they had to win 6 games and only England came close to them, every winner normally has one game if not 2 when they have to use luck to get through. Italy won last night because of the strength of their squad. Austria matched Italy for 90 minutes but in ET the fitness and finding the extra gear came through. Austria got their deserved goal and they came within a foot of causing a major upset.

Italy are still the team to beat, 31 games and Counting. 

@MuttleyCAFC. I hope you are still 50% Italian as the CL members who had Celtic blood, soon jumped ship after the Modric and Perisic show.
  • edited June 2021
    They started well but Denmark made a tactical change that they were unable to adapt to. It always feels to me that Wales play well when Bale plays well. He had a good early effort but Denmark handled him well. He was in the positions a few times where he can hurt opponents but it just didn't seem to come off yesterday. I mean driving into the box and beating players. I believe that the rise of Wales in recent years has a direct link to Bale.

Whilst I am 50% Italian, England are the team I really support. Italy will only get my support if we (England) get knocked out.
  • cafctom said:
    Gunter’s Instagram post is a bit cringeworthy. 

Waffles on and on, and goes on to say they didn’t deserve the 4-0 score line.

Yes you did, you got absolutely trounced from start to finish. 
    Agreed. That wound me up to be honest, don’t see him as proper Charlton