Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• AndyG said:
    I think Belguim will have too much for Portugal. For me the tricky game today is the Dutch I can see them having a tough day perhaps
    That is my gut feeling too. I think the Belgians are genuine contenders. I think the Dutch have played open attractive football but there have been opportunities for opponents they haven't been good enough to capitalise on. Better teams could cause them problems. 
  • The longish pass to the speedy Dumfries to highlight a slowish CB is what I hope England do to Hummel's. Hopefully there is the space behind the German CB's.
  • Dutch look great going forward but a bit iffy at the back.
  • Yes they do  I think whoever wins our match on Tuesday will make the final as the Durch I feel will leak a few goals at some point
  • Interesting first match where we're seeing one of England opponents from the Group Stages against another team that people were impressed with from the other Groups - Spain v Croatia will be other similar to that.
  • AndyG said:
    Yes they do  I think whoever wins our match on Tuesday will make the final as the Durch I feel will leak a few goals at some point
    To be fair has our defence really been tested yet? 
  • MattF said:

Compared to Williams. 

• Germany, Sweden, Netherlands.

From what I’ve seen so far and with the players we have this really is a great opportunity.

Beat the Germans and our position is fantastic.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Germany, Sweden, Netherlands.

From what I’ve seen so far and with the players we have this really is a great opportunity.

Beat the Germans and our position is fantastic.
    Certainly all bearable.
  • Oh you Czech twat!!! - How did he miss that!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Dutch play at pace which causes its own problems, but they lack quality up front for me.
  • The Dutch play at pace which causes its own problems, but they lack quality up front for me.
    Eight goals in the group stages- I think defending is more of a problem.
  • Probably been said but there's 400 unread comments on this thread but this commentator on the Dutch game is drab. 
  • edited June 2021
    Neither of these squads impress me today thus far, to be honest. 
  • edited June 2021
    The Dutch play at pace which causes its own problems, but they lack quality up front for me.
    It isn't if you score more than you concede. The problem is who you score against. Can you score against the better organised teams who you don't play in the Group stages? 
    Austria, Ukraine and Macedonia arent the hardest opponents though - The former finished second, meaning they got through to the KO of a Major Tournament for the first time since 1954 which says it all.
  • Play Weghorst a good old fashion Centre forward number 9 with Depay and Dumfries playing off him and from out wide. 
  • Probably been said but there's 400 unread comments on this thread but this commentator on the Dutch game is drab. 
    Sounds a bit like Warwick Davis to me
  • edited June 2021
    IdleHans said:
    Probably been said but there's 400 unread comments on this thread but this commentator on the Dutch game is drab. 
    Sounds a bit like Warwick Davis to me
    Sounds like pro evolution soccer, just keep waiting for Terry Butcher to pipe up. 
  • Sponsored links:

Austria, Ukraine and Macedonia arent the hardest opponents though - The former finished second, meaning they got through to the KO of a Major Tournament for the first time since 1954 which says it all.

That is a slightly misleading stat, because they got through the group stage in 78 and 82, it's just that the second phase was also played in groups, not knockout. Still a long time though.
  • That was so poor by Malan.
  • Yellow for that handball? Hmmm 
  • How did the Wooden Clogger not score there???
  • How's that not a red ffa
  • Got to be a red card 
  • edited June 2021
    How's that not a red ffa
    Yeah that should be a blatant red card

Doesnt just get in the way of the last man without winning the ball but handballs it too

That would be two yellow cards for separate offences
  • This will be red.
  • If that was an England players he'd be off.
  • One thing is for sure. Old petey walton will agree with whatever way the decision goes.