Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• How dare Gunter criticise Uefa. As a club we must do the honourable thing and terminate his contract. 
  • He may be one of our best players next season. League One should be very comfortable for him.
  • For those us in the minority and not on insta, can anyone add a screenshot of his post please?
  • For those us in the minority and not on insta, can anyone add a screenshot of his post please?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57629385
  • He may be one of our best players next season. League One should be very comfortable for him.
    Should have been that way last season, but he was an absolute liability at times. 
  • Sponsored links:

• "In safe hands with the squad we have"

Bale, Ramsey and Allen all the wrong side of 30. 
    and the likes of Dylan Levitt and Matt Smith as their replacements... Hmmm yeah okay
  • "In safe hands with the squad we have"

Bale, Ramsey and Allen all the wrong side of 30. 
    That’s the thing. Bale will probably retire from football soon, Ramsey looked so disinterested yesterday and as for Allen…..I don’t know what he offers them - apart from cheap accommodation at his caravan site. 
  • MattF said:

What a complete gunt.
  • Nothing wrong with a bit of passion. Hope to see the same next season from him. I would say that it is not much different losing a last 16 match 4-0 as 1-0. It has the same end result and Wales did do well getting into the last 16 and have nothing to be embarrassed about.
  • Whilst they did have more traveling than most, it's not as if Wales crammed into a minibus and drove across Europe to games. Ok you had to get a few flights, so what? Denmark had to overcome Eriksen almost dying on the pitch but you're moaning because you had to get a flight for 2-3 hours from Rome to Amsterdam.

Still he will have endeared himself to Welsh fans even more, which i guess was the aim.
  • Nothing wrong with a bit of passion. Hope to see the same next season from him. I would say that it is not much different losing a last 16 match 4-0 as 1-0. It has the same end result and Wales did do well getting into the last 16 and have nothing to be embarrassed about.
    Tbf they should feel embarrassed. They were terrible. If England played like that against Denmark or anyone for that matter there would be an inquest. They should be ashamed. Just like the Scots should be ashamed, celebrating getting a scoreless draw against an average England side.
  • Wales are not England. What is a success for them is always going to be different. Whisper it, but success for Scotland was qualifying. It is about time we won a major tournament, Wales and Scotland will never be in a position to even say that.
  • Wales are not England. What is a success for them is always going to be different. Whisper it, but success for Scotland was qualifying. It is about time we won a major tournament, Wales and Scotland will never be in a position to even say that.
    I agree but performance wise they were poor compared to what they can play.

Yeah the other home nation's have different expectations compared to our ever failed lot since 66 but you would and should expect more. 

The BBC going on about brave Scotland (patronizing) as if they were the fucking Faroe islands. 

If I was Scots or Welsh I would be disappointed, not well we did well to even be there. 
  • In the midst of the pandemic, all the travelling was a bit stupid so I can understand that point. The rest is a load of waffle, Wales were expected to be bang average and that's exactly what they were. Lucky to get a point against Switzerland, lost to Italy and beat a poor Turkey side. Demolished by Denmark and going home in the round most people thought. 
  • If you think of Bale as their talisman, he was a world beater in the last tournament, he couldn't even start for Spurs reliably last season. He is still a fantastic player, but the rise of Wales has mirrored the rise of Bale and unless they find another one, they are going to go down a few notches going forwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• You read that genuinely heartfelt piece and you feel sorry for the Welsh …..

ha ha not really fuck off with the jocks you bunch of Gunts 
  • Wales will have decent players in Brooks, Roberts, James etc but with Ramsey, Allen and Bale gone fairly soon, they will be back to struggling to qualify.
    Wales still did better than every other home country, and the Republic of Ireland.
    We will know late Tuesday Evening if England have gone further than Wales.
  • Wales will have decent players in Brooks, Roberts, James etc but with Ramsey, Allen and Bale gone fairly soon, they will be back to struggling to qualify.
    Wales still did better than every other home country, and the Republic of Ireland.
    Living in Wales this would under normal circumstances be my opportunity to rip the piss out of the locals but I'm waiting until Wednesday incase Germany smash 5 past us 
  • I do love the Dutch football fans 😍
  • AndyG said:
    Wales will have decent players in Brooks, Roberts, James etc but with Ramsey, Allen and Bale gone fairly soon, they will be back to struggling to qualify.
    Living in Wales this would under normal circumstances be my opportunity to rip the piss out of the locals but I'm waiting until Wednesday incase Germany smash 5 past us 

Very wise Andy G, as England have a shocking record in the Euro's having only won one knock out match in 9 Euro tournaments.
    The Spanish game which went to Penalties in 96 is our only success.

Of course we can win but history is heavy.
  • AndyG said:
    Wales will have decent players in Brooks, Roberts, James etc but with Ramsey, Allen and Bale gone fairly soon, they will be back to struggling to qualify.
    Get the England flag out for the final :)
  • Tipping Italy and Denmark was quite straight forward despite Italy having a poor 90 minutes before they woke up in ET.

I'm tipping Portugal and Netherlands but I so want Belgium to beat Portugal who have been our nemesis in years past. 
  • I think Belguim will have too much for Portugal. For me the tricky game today is the Dutch I can see them having a tough day perhaps
  • Expecting Belgium Portugal to be a cracking game, so doubtless be a borefest