Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Is there a word for an air-shot when you do it with your head?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    What a goal that was! 
    Bit of a half-arsed attempt at a save from the Spanish keeper though.
    Maybe, but the movement, speed and accuracy of pass in the lead up was excellent (and very un-Italian). The finish wasn't bad either. 
  • Options
    This is why neither worry me if we get to the final. Spain need 50 attempts to score a goal which we don’t give away. Italy concede attempts to a good team and with a more clinical strike force like ours they would get punished. 
  • Options
    Unai Simon is ticking time bomb too
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This is such a high quality game. 

One of the best games of the tournament. 

This is an Italy side minus their best player too. 
  • Options
    Honestly don’t know what to make of this from an England perspective. Italy giving up quite a few chances and Spain can’t finish. Spain’s pressing is causing problems but their defence is so high up that the counter is on every time. Good luck working this out if we get there Gareth.
  • Options
    Honestly don’t know what to make of this from an England perspective. Italy giving up quite a few chances and Spain can’t finish. Spain’s pressing is causing problems but their defence is so high up that the counter is on every time. Good luck working this out if we get there Gareth.
    We'd be the underdogs against either tbh. 
  • Options
    I reckon...Rice and Phillips
  • Options
    Is Mike Bassett now working for the Italians?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    What Spain wouldn't give for a Fernando Torres or a Raul.

All 3 guys they've tried up top this tournament have been pretty woeful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Italy have an ability to really grind out results, as do we.

If we manage to make the final, it'll be a true gritty battle.

I fear should the Danes make it, they will struggle against the physicality and directness of Italy. 
  • Options
    What Spain wouldn't give for a Fernando Torres or a Raul.

All 3 guys they've tried up top this tournament have been pretty woeful.
    Was just thinking that even though he hasn't played for months, Diego Costa would've been better up front than any of the 3 they've had.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Don't see how, bookies wouldn't have us that way, highest seeded team?, superior squads to both, game's at our gaff, we have looked the most convincing in the knockouts. The positives go on

So what exactly makes us the underdogs? I fancy us to beat either of these, France were our only concern and they had an off day

If Germany had won in the fashion we did against them and put in the performance against Ukraine we did everyone would be saying whoever wins this loses to them anyway. We have an unwarranted stigma atm, we are a proper side now and if we play our best none of these teams are stopping us 
  • Options
    Why didn't Morata just hit that?
  • Options
    Spain with their "front line" remind me of that episode of Blackadder with red beard rum who seemed to think he didn't need a crew
  • Options
    I don’t think so. Not at Wembley.
  • Options
    Why didn't Morata just hit that?
    Because its Morata
  • Options
    Bonucci has looked really shaky under pressure tonight. Get Sterling pressing him if we get to the final (and this stays the same).
  • Options
    Don't see how, bookies wouldn't have us that way, highest seeded team?, superior squads to both, game's at our gaff, we have looked the most convincing in the knockouts. The positives go on

So what exactly makes us the underdogs? I fancy us to beat either of these, France were our only concern and they had an off day
    Either of these teams dominate the game against us. We beat them by keeping it tight at the back, waiting for mistakes to pounce on. Tactics won’t change from that perspective, that’s been the Southgate way the whole tournament.
  • Options
    Cripes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow what a goall
  • Options
    That was a cracking goal! Morataaaaaa
  • Options
    What a goal that is.
  • Options
    That was bloody sexy football
  • Options
    Well he shut me up
  • Options
    Huge moment for Morata and I'm actually happy for him, can only imagine the pressure the lad must be under and how much it plays on his mind.

Really rooting for Spain here, can't stand the love in the Italians have received
  • Options
    What a good little move.
  • Options
    This is "the final" isn't it
  • Options
    Got to give him that, brilliantly taken.
  • Options
    Oof. Brutal.