Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Supporting Italy in this as if we do lose in the final (tomorrow willing) I'd far rather lose to them
  • Come on Italy tonight, by the way.
    Why? Surely we'd rather play Spain in the final than a side who don't concede many and haven't lost for 32 games
    Muttley is half-Italian...
    My Dad met my mum when she was holidaying in Rimini. I am half English, her maiden name was Smith! Ultimately, I want England to win, but am proud to have Italian blood. 
  • Harry Maguire saying some nice things about Sir Chris
  • Licensing laws are to be relaxed to allow pubs to stay open later for Sunday's Euro 2020 final, Downing Street has confirmed.

Premises will be able to stay open for an extra 45 minutes until 11.15pm, in case the game goes to extra time and penalties.

The measure would apply whether or not England get to the final.

• Licensing laws are to be relaxed to allow pubs to stay open later for Sunday's Euro 2020 final, Downing Street has confirmed.

Premises will be able to stay open for an extra 45 minutes until 11.15pm, in case the game goes to extra time and penalties.

The measure would apply whether or not England get to the final.

Nice for all those British-based Danes.
  • Hard to call this evening - I think most people seem to be expecting an Italy win.
    80% on a poll I've seen.
    Why? Surely we'd rather play Spain in the final than a side who don't concede many and haven't lost for 32 games
    My Dad met my mum when she was holidaying in Rimini. I am half English, her maiden name was Smith! Ultimately, I want England to win, but am proud to have Italian blood. 
    But are you a cane or a bastardo?

I will be rooting for Spain!
    Sure she was English?
    Both our Mum and Dad were Smith’s (totally unrelated before anyone starts) and they were both 100% Irish 😘
  • I am expecting tonight's game to be played mainly on the floor, literally.

Both teams have spent a large part of the tournament diving, falling over and screaming as they hit the ground. The last 20 minutes will be unbearable if either team is 1-0 up as time wasting will be off the charts.
    Honestly I wouldn't mind that if it's the Spaniards doing it. Yes both are bad but the Italians take it to another level. Would be great to watch them get a taste of their own medicine.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    If you wanted to find anybody more English than my Grandad, you would be hard pressed. He was the one who got me into supporting Charlton. But I don't hold it against him.
  • Some lovely British weather today to welcome the Spanish and Italian players

Can they do it on a wet, cold Tuesday evening in Wembley?
  • edited July 2021
    Some lovely British weather today to welcome the Spanish and Italian players

Can they do it on a wet, cold Tuesday evening in Wembley?
    I'd love it to be really tipping it down tonight.  There's something about a big evening game in the rain.
  • Leuth said:
    Supporting Italy in this as if we do lose in the final (tomorrow willing) I'd far rather lose to them
    me too given I backed them before the tournament 
  • Been on Italy since before they dismantled a poor Turkish team.
    Should be a long game, hopefully ET and plenty of cards, knocks and week long injuries, with Gamesmanship, being the main feature. Italy have the edge but Spain have improved since their duff 0-0 with Sweden. Italy have had one duff game with Austria and England had 1 McDuff game with Scotland. Denmark have been excellent since the first two games but we all know the reason for that.
  • Everyone else needs to stop missing then.
    No, they need to keep on missing until (whisper it) we win.
  • Turned my TV on at 7, and was surprised the BBC coverage didn't start until 7:30

The big news is that Spain have dropped Morata
  • Sponsored links:

• Turned my TV on at 7, and was surprised the BBC coverage didn't start until 7:30

I don't hik he would get much change from the defence unless perhaps he comes on when they are tiring. I think a false 9 is the way to go for Spain.
  • edited July 2021
    Spain going for the false number 9.
    Italy look stronger despite losing the impressive Spinazzola. Long long match.

I don't hik he would get much change from the defence unless perhaps he comes on when they are tiring. I think a false 9 is the way to go for Spain.
    A big call to make this change so late in the tournament though
  • Come on Spain.

Although I think it will be Italy in the final.
  • One change for Italy.

Emerson in for the injured Spinazzola at left back.

Three changes for Spain.

Garcia in for Torres at centre back. Olmo in for Sarabia on the wing. Oyarzabal in for Morata leading the line.

A big call to make this change so late in the tournament though
    I think it could work quite well though. Spain's front 3 interchanging will cause Italy more problems than if Morata was playing. Oyarzabal is quicker than Morata too so if they're planning on playing on the counter against Italy's old men at the back, then he's a better option.
  • The Euro 96 away?  I'm in the minority I think but I've always loved that shirt.  And it does go well with jeans.
  • Forza Italia!
  • Expecting a tight close game that could well go to Extra Time, but i think the Italians will come through in the end.
  • If we make it and we play Italy, we have to be so careful of Jorginho passing forward. BBC just highlighted it there and it’s frightening how easy he takes 2/3 midfielders out the game.