Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Charlton, in that case I'd take Scotland winning the world cup if it guaranteed us being back where we belong
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Anybody else see the steward trying to make Chellini go "back" into the crowd 

I did, but it wasn't Chiellini, it was his CB partner Leonardo Bonucci who looked bemused when the female steward tried to stop him. I wanted the camera to linger on Bonucci as it was a case of mistaken identity with the Italian fan behind him.
  • Options
    Charlton,  without a sniff, as brilliant as winning this is i looked at our fixture list yesterday and fuck me this league is shit and nothing about it excites , that’s without the u21 competition our first team enter ffs 
    Euros as well , it’s hardly the World Cup , the Copa America Final of Brazil v Argentina reminds you that this is a downgrade from the ultimate prize for England .
    I’d take the Championship or an FA Cup win over winning Euros 
    World Cup I’d swap for Premier League or FA Cup 
  • Options
    Question for the forum goers...

England win the Euros, first major silverware since 66
    OR
    Charlton get back to back promotions, playing Premier League football in 2023. Let's also throw a 2024 FA Cup win into the mix for a bit of fun.

Which do you choose?
    Charlton all day long.
  • Options
    Game day, game 6 cmon England, hold your nerve, and play for the win.
  • Options
    What a great game last night,whatever happens now,my player of the tournament,step forward Georgio Chiellini.This man is 37 in August,ACL done 2 years ago,look at him,playing like a 2 year old in a sweet shop,always laughing ,what an example to all those miserable bastards earning millions who look like they are about to be shot.On top of that,he hardly puts a foot wrong,whether on the ball or defending(yes I know he would not be adverse to the odd dodgy tackle).Wish there were more like him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Italy haven't lost in 2 years, and haven't gone behind in their last 20 games.

Yes they haven't looked immense tonight, but anyone thinking they are anything but a formidable opponent in a final, needs to think again
    Yeah but we didn't concede to Ukraine. So who are really the favourites here? 
    Why have you suddenly gone back to negative nelly? It’s so weird.
    Just think the underrating of some of these sides is absurd. 

For instance beating Belgium (one of the favourites of the tournament) by only one goal is seen as a negative. 
    Who is underrating? The main contributors to the England threads do anything but that. 
    The idea we're the favourites for the game if/when we play them. 

It's at best 50/50. They've knocked out the top ranking side in the tournament Belgium, Spain and haven't been behind in a game for 2 years. 

They played this game without their best player and didn't look too troubled. 
    If Spain had a decent striker Italy would've been knocked out last night.
  • Options
    It must be a bit of a risk for a player diving into the crowd? Surely that counts as close contact if someone in the crowd subsequently tests positive?
  • Options
    Question for the forum goers...

England win the Euros, first major silverware since 66
    OR
    Charlton get back to back promotions, playing Premier League football in 2023. Let's also throw a 2024 FA Cup win into the mix for a bit of fun.

Which do you choose?
    Not sure that's a fair one, as your scenario sees Charlton in Europe too. Something we can all only dream of in our lifetime. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I was at Wembley last night and loved the experience from start to finish. First time I’ve ever been to an international tournament match, and everything about it just felt massive.

£300 is what it set me back, but it was worth it just to say I attended EURO 2020.

If England reach the final, it will be a tournament we talk about for years and years to come.
    Get yourselves to any World Cup match. Remember being in Russia and was surrounded by Mexicans fan when England were playing. It’s just a party for everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    S/he's right, you know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chiellini is the one captain in this entire tournament I wouldn't begrudge lifting that trophy at the expense of Harry Kane. I know most of you would (probably rightly) begrudge anyone else doing so, but I can't help but adore the man. He is in the Ryan Inniss mould of men
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chiellini is the one captain in this entire tournament I wouldn't begrudge lifting that trophy at the expense of Harry Kane. I know most of you would (probably rightly) begrudge anyone else doing so, but I can't help but adore the man. He is in the Ryan Inniss mould of men
    I have to agree he has shown total class throughout. Even laughing and joking through the coin toss for the penalty shoot out. I guess he has reached a point in his career and life where he appreciates what he has and realises that he should enjoy those moments when they come along
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Leuth said:
    I have to agree he has shown total class throughout. Even laughing and joking through the coin toss for the penalty shoot out. I guess he has reached a point in his career and life where he appreciates what he has and realises that he should enjoy those moments when they come along
    Not sure whether Jordi Alba was enjoying it quite so much.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Leuth said:
    Not sure whether Jordi Alba was enjoying it quite so much.
    Did look a bit one sided!!  Fair play to Chiellini, perfect way to play it - basically we're so confident that I'm having a laugh and a joke.
  • Options
    They were clearly mates. Alba was a bit more serious but I doubt he minded. He was probably just more nervous about the situation.
  • Options
    I may be wrong but it seemed there was misunderstanding after the coin toss. Alba thought he'd won the choice of choosing ends for the pens but Chiellini said nah you lost mate and the ref backed that up?
    That was how I saw it anyway. 
    Was a funny moment 
  • Options
    There's no way I want anyone other than Kane lifting the trophy!

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    There's no way I want anyone other than Kane lifting the trophy!

How about a triumvirate of Kane, Southgate and Sir Chrissy Powell?
  • Options
    Yeah I could settle for that of course