Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• So who wants Scotland to win, and who wants them to lose?

Despite them always wanting England to lose etc, I find myself still wanting Scotland to win.
    I always support Scotland against any team other than England.
    Can't deny my ancestral roots!

Despite them always wanting England to lose etc, I find myself still wanting Scotland to win.
    Scotland to win. Mostly all my family are Scottish so always wanted them to do well.
  • edited June 2021
    I haven't got a handle or how good or bad the Czech Republic are in relation to Scotland. Should be an interesting game with added interest that we will be playing them both..
    They’re a decent team and ranked higher than Scotland. A lot of players in the Czech team come from Slavia Prague who knocked Rangers out of Europe this season (although the tie was completely overshadowed by the behaviour of the Slavia captain) and they have a number of players from the English/Italian/German top flight so they definitely shouldn’t be underestimated.

All that said, this is the best Scotland team in years with some talented players and a canny manager, plus the match is being played in Glasgow, so hopefully we’ll have enough.

I want Scotland to win. But also find it funny when they lose  ;)

Exactly this, I sort of want them to win, but then if they didn't get out of the group again that would be funny....
  • I don't especially want them to win, but I will be interested to see how Scotland do. On paper/in theory this should be their best chance of progression for a while
  • Apologies if already posted, but just seen Joao Cancelo is out of the Euro's after testing positive for covid.

Bit of a blow for Portugal as he's had a very good season.
  • Apologies if already posted, but just seen Joao Cancelo is out of the Euro's after testing positive for covid.

Is he out of the whole competition?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Apologies if already posted, but just seen Joao Cancelo is out of the Euro's after testing positive for covid.

Yes they've called up a replacement (Dalot from Man Utd)
  • se9addick said:
    Apologies if already posted, but just seen Joao Cancelo is out of the Euro's after testing positive for covid.

Yes they've called up a replacement (Dalot from Man Utd)
    Ah that’s rubbish. 
  • edited June 2021
    Oh dear - no Tierny for Scotland, not a good start. Che Adams on the bench too which is weird.
  • I want Scotland to lose every time anyway but Particularly this time as if they win they will just sit back and defend a point against us on Friday and will be a really shit game. 

If they lose they have to really go for it on Friday and  think England can then pick them off. 
  • https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/14/i-wont-give-up-christian-eriksen-releases-first-statement-after-cardiac-arrest-14766554/

Read somewhere as well that Eriksen would like to return to training but understands he needs to find out what has happened first - Absolute nut case of a warrior!!

Exactly this, I sort of want them to win, but then if they didn't get out of the group again that would be funny....
    In 1996 they would have gone through if England had won 4-0 v Netherlands,  but the Dutch scored a late goal. Now that was funny.

You dont think England did it deliberately do you? ;)
  • edited June 2021
    Think i want the scots to actually win, not sure whats happened to me. I guess it’ll very funny if they’re bottom of the group
  • Scotland have a tidy team that has the most important ingredient .. team spirit .. looking forward to seeing them play my 3rd choice team Czechia (easier for me to say) .. hope the Czechs can soften up the Jocks for Friday's BIG one .. looking forward to this, could be a right full blooded bash
  • https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/14/i-wont-give-up-christian-eriksen-releases-first-statement-after-cardiac-arrest-14766554/

Read somewhere as well that Eriksen would like to return to training but understands he needs to find out what has happened first - Absolute nut case of a warrior!!
    Yeah that's crazy.  He literally died on the pitch, I'd be looking to make sure I know whether that could happen again before thinking about doing anything.

Might not be so lucky next time to have all the medics there, have them react so well and so quickly etc.
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah that's crazy.  He literally died on the pitch, I'd be looking to make sure I know whether that could happen again before thinking about doing anything.

Might not be so lucky next time to have all the medics there, have them react so well and so quickly etc.
    Could have a pacemaker with a defibrillator fitted and lead a normal football career?
  • Czechia have a Masopust in their side .. wonder if he's related to Josef, a great for Dukla and Czechoslavakia for many years

Could have a pacemaker with a defibrillator fitted and lead a normal football career?
    one of the Dutch players has such a device fitted
  • edited June 2021
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/14/i-wont-give-up-christian-eriksen-releases-first-statement-after-cardiac-arrest-14766554/

I'd be really shocked if Erickson could play again. A doctor I'm close to said they would imagine he has a congenital heart defect. They're not a cardiologist, mind.

But looking up the Muamba and Vivien Foe tragic incidents, it seems the first symptom for some of these defects is sudden death. 

ed - I have just read a consultant cardiologist said it could have been a defect or a viral infection. If it's the latter, perhaps he's got a chance
  • Was leaning slightly in favour of a scotland win, but their bloody song sounds so awful when the crowd sing it that I am changing my mind fast.
  • Chunes said:
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/14/i-wont-give-up-christian-eriksen-releases-first-statement-after-cardiac-arrest-14766554/

I'd be really shocked if Erickson could play again. A doctor I'm close to said they would imagine he has a congenital heart defect. They're not a cardiologist, mind.

But looking up the Muamba and Vivien Foe tragic incidents, it seems the first symptom for some of these defects is sudden death. 

ed - I have just read a consultant cardiologist said it could have been a defect or a viral infection. If it's the latter, perhaps he's got a chance
    Good chance that Inter won't be able to get any insurance against Erikkson if he plays, let alone trains. If he does tests, they'll be in a lab with medical assistance on hand. 

one of the Dutch players has such a device fitted
    Daley Blind 
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/christian-eriksen-collapse-daley-blind-considered-not-playing-netherlands-euro-2021-b940396.html

Daley Blind has exactly that, remember he collapsed twice on the pitch. 
  • Sadly I cannot see Erickson being allowed to play competitively again.