Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Could make things interesting that, especially if Germany beat or draw with Portugal later.

France qualifying in 3rd could mean France v Belgium, the winner playing Italy....
  • Good result for Hungary in front of the home crowd.
  • And that is why Southgate is so negative. Because teams cannot afford to go behind at this level.
  • That was all set up for a Charlton 2019/20 heartbreak moment at the end.

Braindead tackle giving away a freekick. Then wrestling in the box to give away a penalty with the last kick of the match...
  • MrOneLung said:
    That’s gotta be a VAR penalty surely 
    Got very lucky I think.
  • Interesting given the  England result. Of course French performance better but just provides tournaments / one off matchws are different 
  • With Hungary playing Germany in the final game, this group is wide open still
  • That group is wide open. Makes the next match very interesting
  • edited June 2021
    Brilliant point for Hungary in the highest quality group. France get an away point and beating Germany see's them in a comfortable position.
  • For anyone who thinks you need to use arms and elbows when leaping watch Ronaldo's headers and he just leaps with his arms by his side and still gets above defenders.

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Very open now.  France will qualify but could be in any of the 3 spots.
  • Thinking about all the different permutations makes my head hurt 🤭 I have no idea who I want to win this game 
  • Jessie said:
    This is a very entertaining game for a neutral to watch. Both goals are great. 
    I know you're Chinese but there is no neutral in this game for the English. Come on Hungary!!
    Haha, I know many of you hate France. But I must admit judging from this game both France and Hungary look better than England. Hungary did especially well. I'm surprised at how good they are! They defended and attacked both brilliantly and effectively. I really like England (always support them in tournaments) but this Hungarian team is such an inspiration and I kept thinking England would lose to them while watching the game. I know none of the Hungarian players (apart from Nego of course) yet they almost beat France and totally deserved the point. 

I heard the other day that England have the most expensive squad at this tournament but having read the posts on the England v Scotland match thead and then watched today's Hungary game I don't think the total value of a squad matters.
  • And that is why Southgate is so negative. Because teams cannot afford to go behind at this level.
    Exactly. This has been a tough tournament for some of the bigger teams already. France have drawn with Hungary, Spain couldn't get anything past Sweden, and the floodgates only opened for Portugal when they managed to sneak a deflected goal in after Hungary had had a goal disallowed. Goals can be hard to come by in this tournament and being too loose can kill you
    Exactly. This has been a tough tournament for some of the bigger teams already. France have drawn with Hungary, Spain couldn't get anything past Sweden, and the floodgates only opened for Portugal when they managed to sneak a deflected goal in after Hungary had had a goal disallowed. Goals can be hard to come by in this tournament and being too loose can kill you
    Scotland. 
  • AndyG said:
    Thinking about all the different permutations makes my head hurt 🤭 I have no idea who I want to win this game 
    I just don't want Portugal to win, or it'll make it reasonably certain them and France will finish top 2.

Draw or a Germany win opens it up a bit more.

I think Portugal will win though.
  • Look at how quick that offside decision was made!
  • Even when VAR is used correctly I still hate it. Stop ruling goals out please 😭😭😭
  • Bright start for the Germans
  • Portuguese are at 6's & 7's at the back at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pace of this game is insane. Compare it to last night and it’s crazy.
  • edited June 2021
    When Loic Nego’s Hungary hold the world champions to a 1-1 draw…

• Brilliant punditry by Lee Dixon when he said that Ronaldo wouldn't mind the German pressure as he would be waiting to catch them on the break, 2 minutes before he did it
  • This is why Ronaldo is the GOAT... always turns up
  • Brilliant point for Hungary in the highest quality group. France get an away point and beating Germany see's them in a comfortable position.
    France 4 points from 2 games, the same as England.
  • Brilliant point for Hungary in the highest quality group. France get an away point and beating Germany see's them in a comfortable position.

Exactly !
  • CAFCsayer said:
    This is why Ronaldo is the GOAT... always turns up
    36 years old. That's his 44th goal of the season for club and country!
    They've played away to Germany and then in front of a 67k crowd in Hungary.

Hardly comparable to our 2 home games.
  • edited June 2021
    AndyG said:
    Thinking about all the different permutations makes my head hurt 🤭 I have no idea who I want to win this game 
    I just don't want Portugal to win, or it'll make it reasonably certain them and France will finish top 2.

Draw or a Germany win opens it up a bit more.

I think Portugal will win though.
    On the other hand it would mean that Germany have to beat Hungary to avoid coming 4th! And even then 3 points might not be enough to go through. Similarly Hungary would need to win that game as well to get 4 points
  • CAFCsayer said:
    This is why Ronaldo is the GOAT... always turns up
    36 years old. That's his 44th goal of the season for club and country!
    The bloke is just incredible. 36 years old very few injuries throughout a long career. I sublime athlete undoubtedly. Still something about him that just annoys me lol