Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    JTJT
    edited December 2012
    Wow.

Dont mess with the Royals

RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Died of embarassment I should think.

Have you heard it!!?
  • Options

Died of embarassment I should think.

Have you heard it!!?

not funny.

What a shame she felt she had to take her own life over this. RIP. Very sad.

• Options
    what a waste of a life,RIP , not so funny now is it , I wonder what the Aussies think now.
  • Options
    Very sad RIP.

Whatever you think of the Royals I'm sure Kate Middleton will be distraught over this.
  • Options
    Hope those Aussie presenters are hung drawn and quartered
  • Options
    Shocking, very sad news. RIP
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Quite agree!
  • Options
    i'd imagine there were underlying issues there too.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    RIP.

It's not really the place to argue but I couldn't disagree more, the presenters shouldn't be held responsible for this. The real investigation that needs to take place is how they got through undetected. The protocol is, or was, lacking.

And if there wasn't such a big deal made out of this by the media in the first place, would it have happened? Perhaps yes if what JT suggests is true, but otherwise most probably not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Behave, we all laughed at the time.
  • Options
    Some weird people about. Who in their right mind would even find that remotely funny anyway?
  • Options
    SAS
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What a sad situation. Husband and two kids too.

RIP
  • Options
    Greenie said:

J BLOCK said:

agree. Sad as it is they couldn't have remotely known that this could be a consequence of such a call.

• Options

Some weird people about. Who in their right mind would even find that remotely funny anyway?

This - it wasn't even a great prank. So they spoke to a nurse who pretty much told them what everyone was expecting anyway and they all of a sudden thought they were superstars for doing it.
  • Options
    In some way it was like they were getting laughs at a sick pregnant womans expense. Wasnt the time to try and be a funny man.

Couldnt be less funny really.
  • Options

In some way it was like they were getting laughs at a sick pregnant womans expense. Wasnt the time to try and be a funny man.

Couldnt be less funny really.

I agree, they should have left her alone, bad enough she's followed and photographed all over the place, can't even leave her alone in hospital. And as a consequence a family has been ruined....tragic.

• Options
    How very sad, poor girl. What on earth would anyone find funny about invading the privacy of a person ill in hospital, not too mention wasting the valuable time of nursing staff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RIP.

It's not really the place to argue but I couldn't disagree more, the presenters shouldn't be held responsible for this. The real investigation that needs to take place is how they got through undetected. The protocol is, or was, lacking.

And if there wasn't such a big deal made out of this by the media in the first place, would it have happened? Perhaps yes if what JT suggests is true, but otherwise most probably not.

Sorry but by the very nature of this it was going to be news. Whilst the station are not to blame the Aussies and very fast and loose with media ethics and this just shows the law of unintended consequences.
    But I wonder how the hopsital handled it, did they make her feel so ashamed she had no option? Did they threaten to sack her?
    The hopistal are due to make an annoucement at 4.
    Wonder what the royals think, I suspect Kate can't help but feel guilty dispite it being nothing to do ith her.
  • Options
    How has this been recieved down under qa
  • Options
    Hard to know who's at fault here. Should there have been a more senior receptionist manning the phones with such an important patient? Probably.
    But the Cambridge's do seem to want to portray an image that shows in some circumstances they are the same as everybody else, so probably didn't insist on it.
    Or is this just another typical NHS cost cutting balls up?
    Tragedy all the same.
  • Options
    Guess the presenter hasn't found out yet as he still has this unfortunate tweet posted
    @MContheradio: It's almost show time!! The latest on the #RoyalPrank is coming up on the @Hot30Countdown!!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    That tweet was posted 7 hours ago. The news broke one hour ago. Okay he could've deleted it but he's probably asleep. What an awful thing to wake up to.
  • Options
    Not NHS, it's a private hospital.

Just really sad - RIP.

Can't really blame the Aussies in the circumstances.
  • Options

Can't really blame the Aussies in the circumstances.

Perhaps not directly, but posing as Royalty to obtain private family information about a sick pregnant woman is extremely low and what started the whole incident off.
  • Options
    NLA, it's 2am here now, guess we'll find out tomorrow. There's a strong republican/ anti Royal movement here and I wonder whether that was behind the prank. They can hang their heads in shame tomorrow.
  • Options
    Agree they maybe overstepped a mark with the prank call, Gary, but never in a million years would they have imagined it could lead to someone's suicide.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

J BLOCK said:

I didn't. Thought it was well out of order