Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time for a change?

Comments

• Options

RedChaser said:

I know what you mean Dez it is a bit 'dumpty dumpty dum' if you know what I mean - a bit passive and doesn't really get anyone fired up.
    That being said tradition is tradition and shouldn't be lost.

The bigger problem is the announcer - he gets on my nerves so much with that 'you know what youve gotta do, get behind the boys!!!'
    Just feel like saying - yeah, we know mate, you tell us every f**king week.

Priceless; shouldn't you be cracking on with your homework Ronny :-o
    I just finished it; I learnt how to use a semicolon.
    Ronny before you move onto punctuation you need to get your sentence construction right which should have a verb as follows, 'I have just finished it' :-)
  • Options
    I do understand the original point however

Tradition is something that can not be bought and therefore we must fight to maintain all that is traditional at football clubs

Like Cardiff they should never have been allowed to wear Red instead of blue

We must maintain our traditions
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I know what you mean Dez it is a bit 'dumpty dumpty dum' if you know what I mean - a bit passive and doesn't really get anyone fired up.

The bigger problem is the announcer - he gets on my nerves so much with that 'you know what youve gotta do, get behind the boys!!!'

Ronny before you move onto punctuation you need to get your sentence construction right which should have a verb as follows, 'I have just finished it' :-)
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Touché.

Your last post should have a full stop at the end though, not a smiley face.
  • Options
    I hope it is, judging by the current response i hope it brings more enthusiasm when the song is played at the next home game
    cafc999 said:

This thread is going to be longer than the east stand block A one!!

• Options
    Gets Popcorn :-)
  • Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Touché.

Have I made you stutter Ronny?
  • Options
    I won't dignify this thread with an answer.
  • Options

I hope it is, judging by the current response i hope it brings more enthusiasm when the song is played at the next home game

cafc999 said:

Yeah don't forget mate when it comes to this forum - expressing an opinion is a serious mistake - if you go against the status quo your either a Millwall fan or a wind up merchant.
  • Options
    I was going to suggest move to north London so our neighbours can finally get some peace again...
    chazza said:

Good idea. Perhaps you could look in to it? Maybe you could also see if you can swing it so we can leave the valley and ground share with a club that's near Surrey as well.....thanks in advance.

• Options

cafc999 said:

Yeah don't forget mate when it comes to this forum - expressing an opinion is a serious mistake - if you go against the status quo your either a Millwall fan or a wind up merchant.
    Takes one to know one ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dez, the alternative you suggested (American nu-metal whatever it is) would never work at The Valley mate, especially as a replacement for The Red Red Robin.

Knights of Cydonia by Muse seconds before kick-off used to be great.
  • Options
    Lose the RRR? No. That is all.

BDL also does a really good job too.
  • Options
    Why not go the whole hog and change our name to Charlton Palace.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Takes one to know one ?

Well done. This is the most immature post I have seen whilst posting on here.
    I'm guessing your next dig will be along the lines of 'i know you are but what am i?'.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Takes one to know one ?

Well done. This is the most immature post I have seen whilst posting on here.
    I'm guessing your next dig will be along the lines of 'i know you are but what am i?'.
    I know you are but what am I ?

• Options
    I think all of the "team coming out" tunes have been dummed down somewhat by the fact that the teams don't actually run out anymore and simply walk onto the pitch together and do the hand shake exercise on the half way line.

I used to love it when the away team came out first to little or no crowd noise and then the build up to the home team coming out - shame it changed.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

This thread is going to be longer than the east stand

I have never been someone to go along with the status quo. And this is "discussion" forum so i am hoping to hear some RRR at the next home game (if Wednesday beat afc wimbledon) or because the opinion is so strong maybe it is heard at ewood on Saturday...
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Touché.

Hardly! You tried to use a semicolon when you clearly don't know how. Kind of ironic when you're taking the p!ss about me doing homework!
  • Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Touché.

Hardly! You tried to use a semicolon when you clearly don't know how. Kind of ironic when you're taking the p!ss about me doing homework!
    I must have given you the jitters then as you posted the same quote twice! Never mind keep taking the tablets.
  • Options
    We could even move back to selhurst...

Why not go the whole hog and change our name to Charlton Palace.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with this, that's a tradition that changed... probably something to do with eu equal rights laws
    DanDavis said:

I think all of the "team coming out" tunes have been dummed down somewhat by the fact that the teams don't actually run out anymore and simply walk onto the pitch together and do the hand shake exercise on the half way line.

I used to love it when the away team came out first to little or no crowd noise and then the build up to the home team coming out - shame it changed.

• Options
    How has this thread turned into having a go at poor old RonnyJ? Bit silly really.

Anyway, couldn't we employ some young producer to do a dubstep version of RRR for the 'yoof'? Play old and new alternate home games. Easy.
  • Options
    Interesting choice you've made there as your `new entrance' suggestion song.....and by a shite, sickly, American Christian, New Grunge band named `12 Stones'.....

...who happened to be signed (from 2000-2012) to a label called `Wind-Up Records'.

I think you're busted `Dez' ;P
  • Options
    Never ever change it. Red Red Robin is The Valley and is Charlton.
  • Options

Interesting choice you've made there as your `new entrance' suggestion song.....and by a shite, sickly, American Christian, New Grunge band named `12 Stones'.....

...who happened to be signed (from 2000-2012) to a label called `Wind-Up Records'.

I think you're busted `Dez' ;P

Nice to see someone does some research :)
  • Options
    Sounds like Foo Fighters lite to me. Prefer Red Red Robin. If you're gonna change it, at least pick something better.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    That is the main reason i started this thread, to see what other peoples opinions are on what could be used

Sounds like Foo Fighters lite to me. Prefer Red Red Robin. If you're gonna change it, at least pick something better.

• Options

History and tradition.

I agree with your point, but History and tradition can hold you back... example is Cardiff City, traditionally played in blue home shirts, massive backlash from the fans when they changed to Red, but people accept it now

Charlton were born the Addicks, and are still the Addicks. The robins was a brief phase in out club history.

Also going along with tradition and history, why is Valley Floyd Road not one of the songs played before kick off?
    I'd rather stay in the Championship forever than change everything about the club.
  • Options
    Does this mean you would welcome Dowie back with open arms if everything is to stay the same? ;P

History and tradition.

I agree with your point, but History and tradition can hold you back... example is Cardiff City, traditionally played in blue home shirts, massive backlash from the fans when they changed to Red, but people accept it now

Charlton were born the Addicks, and are still the Addicks. The robins was a brief phase in out club history.

Also going along with tradition and history, why is Valley Floyd Road not one of the songs played before kick off?
    I'd rather stay in the Championship forever than change everything about the club.
  • Options
    Well I sing RRR every week and I know Boogica does as well. Try telling him to scrap it and he will knock you out.