Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who has made it into work?

edited January 2013 in Not Sports Related
I work in Canary Wharf, left home (SE9) at 0535, got bus to N Greenwich and was at my desk at 0625. I did see the first train on the Bexleyheath line go through Eltham station just 5 mins late.

Comments

• Options
    On a sidcup line train to London Bridge from Dartford - running about 10mins late and it's totally empty.

A lot of people taking the "can't be arsed" attitude today I should think.
  • Options
    US bank holiday so only have a hours work to do today but I'm on a train on its way to cannon street...only waited 30 mins for it and it's packed
  • Options
    On the way to Dartford, no traffic on the roads. Side roads are deadly, main roads good. Hopefully trains are running, as heading to Captain's funeral this afternoon.
  • Options
    Didn't bother walking to Welling station this morning. 89 bus to Lewisham and then DLR for me. The rate this 89 is moving, I'll be in work earlier than normal!
  • Options
    Nope work on snow days is for losers

Get sledging and go home
  • Options
    Power walked to station as am on my normal 7am train which is 30 mins late but got a seat and that's just fine by me!
  • Options
    not in
  • Options
    I'd rather keep my working at home allowance for the Ashes in the summer so there's method in the madness! Bus and the DLR have been empty.
  • Options
    Easily. Folkestone to Ashford car journey fine.
  • Options
    About half the amount of people there would be usually on my bus into Central London
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A certain train company were useless but I'm in keeping the economy going for those who want to doss about.
  • Options
    I made it from Sevenoaks to London with no issues at all, other than the fact with the front wheels spinning this morning digging myself out I think my car now needs a new engine mount.
  • Options
    I'm on the DLR and it is speeding thru. Left early so im going to be v early. London looking very pretty this morning. The walk to the station was really quiet, roads empty.
  • Options
    Agree with f.o.d

Anyone could get to work if they really wanted or needed to. I personally dont think it is fair to lump more work on the people that got of their arses and went in.
  • Options
    I am not in but never intended to be as working from home on editing policies. Zzzzzzzz
  • Options

Agree with f.o.d

Anyone could get to work if they really wanted or needed to. I personally dont think it is fair to lump more work on the people that got of their arses and went in.

Our New York office gets affected by snow quite regularly. Any staff that make it in during the very bad days get an extras day holiday.

• Options
    Depends what job you do. It's not liken20 years ago, in a lot of cases you can easily replicate what you were going to do in the office at home, so if you have no meetings planned, why bother with the aggro ?

I've leaving in a min to go in, but if it takes me two hours ill be annoyed with myself that I've effectively wasted that time
  • Options
    Impressed with the job the gritters have done in Kent anyway.
  • Options
    No point. I can work from home, have a telephone conference at 10. Will leave a bit earlier for Captain's funeral though.
  • Options
    Cannon St currently closed due to a failed train between London Br & Cannon St.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got the 6.19 from Welling to Cannon Street. Was on time but got diverted to Charing Cross after London Bridge due to a broken down train between London Bridge and Cannon St. Wasn't the end of the world, just a slightly longer walk.
  • Options

Agree with f.o.d

It depends where you live. I live at the top of a very steep country hill, so no chance of getting my car out. Nearest village and bus stop is two miles away and as I'm waiting for a knee replacement cannot walk very far. I've no choice but to stay at home.
  • Options
    Southeastern website says next train through Sidcup isn't expected until after 9am. Will work from home me thinks.
  • Options
    It also depends if you can work effectively from home or not. If you work in a shop/factory I can understand the argument, but so many jobs are desk/computer based now that you can still pull your weight whilst logged-in remotely.
  • Options
    Usual train from Welling at 6.55, bit slower than normal but not too bad...heating broke in the office though so will be taking laptop home for the rest of the week by lunchtime
  • Options
    Just announced no trains up or down at Bexley currently
  • Options
    in the office, Kent>Essex
  • Options
    Left at 715 in the office by 750. So far only 1 not coming because they can't get off their drive. Despite having a 4x4 at home (company car on loan) and a hubby not currently working!
  • Options
    Been sat on same train for 50 mins ish outside london bridge. Congestion.

Don't understand why people leave later to get to work in the snow. It always gets worse the later it is.
  • Options
    Someone has been waiting a while...