Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who has made it into work?

Comments

• Options
    Do you need the loo yet Suz?

• Options
    Side roads in Greenhithe nice and icy so not taking the risk . Snowman time with the kids today I think.
  • Options
    Waste of time, turning back home
  • Options
    Station announcer at New Eltham has just said everything is cancelled (a friend is down there)
  • Options
    Got my usual 6.21 train on time and into Liv St early.

Think im on my own today though as my team are all South of the River and stuck in various places (mainly in front of the telly)
  • Options
    Certain ODI on the box today...
  • Options
    I left early, managed to get on a train at Eltham at 7:36, only just got past New Cross now! Not moving again.
  • Options
    Drove from Chelmsford to Hatfield. Roads all gritted, no problems. Bit slower than usual, but that was people taking care rather than any accidents. Jobs a goodun. Plenty of time for disasters to make sure I can't get home.
  • Options
    Got in OK - It's a 10 second walk from my bedroom to my study, but I managed to struggle through!
    Just rang the mrs office as she left at 715 this morning, no answer, rang her mobile only to hear it ringing somewhere in the house...brains of a rocking horse!
  • Options
    Southern trains have disappointed me by making my journey to work possible, today. Disgrace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Side roads are deadly even with snow tyres on the car was slipping and sliding a bit but once on the main roads it was fine. Highways agency have done a decent job this time around unlike Southeastern trains by the looks of it.
  • Options
    My dentist isn't!!! To be fair, the receptionist called at 8am to warn me and called again at 8.30 when I told her I'd intended to walk down. He hasn't been able to get out of his duvet driveway apparently. Been logged on for work since 6.15, but off later for Captain.
  • Options
    No problems
  • Options
    Got my usual train (7.48) from barnehurst 2 minutes late so all good. Then got stuck outside Lewisham. Still on it, not even into London bridge yet
  • Options
    Strangely, this is the busiest the office has been for some time.
  • Options
    Sometimes I really miss living in London, the great pubs, the museums and culture, the beautiful parks, the football and the amazing history and then I read threads like this and it balances the ledger somewhat.
  • Options
    You said it Ormy bad weather brings the place to a standstill every year
  • Options

You said it Ormy bad weather brings the place to a standstill every year

The worst part is when you bust your balls to get in early and then get stranded in London when they cancel all the trains in the afternoon and have to get a bloody bus home, you get home at about 8.30PM and then have to get up early the next day to do it all over again!
  • Options
    Laughably, my train left Reigate on time today for literally the first time since I moved here four months ago. Equally laughably, it moved half a mile then sat in the same place for 30 minutes without us being told why. Now trying to navigate my way to East Croydon, where there will no doubt be scenes rivalling Rorke's drift...
  • Options
    On the 0843 (dep 0918) from Sidcup, it was pretty empty on arrival, packed now. Judging by the stories I am expecting a long wait going into town.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On the 0843 (dep 0918) from Sidcup, it was pretty empty on arrival, packed now. Judging by the stories I am expecting a long wait going into town.

I gave up just before that. The first one for 90 mins come in just gone nine, ans couldn't even get near the doors

• Options
    Can't be arsed sorry meant working from home! ;o)
  • Options
    @EastTerrace let me know how long it takes to LB, seems like my works remote can't cope with the volume so may have to stomach it
  • Options

I gave up just before that. The first one for 90 mins come in just gone nine, ans couldn't even get near the doors

I saw that one from the bus, *cough cough* I mean platform. Shame you didn't stay, we could have discussed the plus points of southeastern railways.
  • Options
    Nothing coming through Maze Hill it seems. I knew it was time to turn around and go home when the bloke who worked there said "I got the bus in this morning, as I can't trust the trains"
  • Options
    I have made it into work, only took an hour and 45 minutes from Eltham to London Waterloo East. My favorite bit of the journey was after being stuck at New Cross for over 40 minutes, the driver eventually said we have the signal to go. We literally moved a yard and had to stop as some passenger pressed the alarm as they were feeling unwell!
  • Options

I saw that one from the bus, *cough cough* I mean platform. Shame you didn't stay, we could have discussed the plus points of southeastern railways.
    I think that may have been the shortest conversation of all time.

Taken me 2 hours so far - just coming into London Bridge after getting a bus to Woolwich Arsenal.
  • Options
    Got the afternoon off anyway so took the morning off holiday
  • Options
    I work from home!
  • Options
    Lovely view of the new den for the past ten minutes, could've stopped elsewhere..... there again the new den covered in snow brings back good memories!