Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who has made it into work?

Comments

• Options
    Nope boss rang us no work today :-))
  • Options
    The sun's just come out in Bexley!
  • Options
    no work today, 7 days off from today on my rota so all good here. had a few lively moments on sideroads yesterday when working.
  • Options
    Sat at Crayford for over 2 hours with no sign. Accept there is going to problems but when there is no communication from Southeastern as to what is going on, and you pay a fortune for their service, you start to get annoyed !
  • Options
    Everyone who wants to get in will get in.
  • Options
    Moan
    Moan
    Moan
  • Options
    Got to the station a bit late today as the walk was a nightmare. Got the 8.04 from Welling to Charing Cross, which arrived half empty. Got as far as Blackheath and the train had to reboot to recover traction, which was a nervous moment as you never know if the electrics will come back on. They did and off we trundled, getting as far as Lewisham...where we sat for over an hour. Eventually got into the office at 10.00. Hopefully leaving early to get home. May look into the bus situation as Southeastern are a fucking joke.
  • Options
    up at 5.30, swept 5 inches of snow off the car. Drove to station, roads not gritted but luckily have 4x4. Train left Battle on time, arrived Ldn Bridge an hour late. Had worse when it's been a 'normal' service. Going to try and get away early though.
  • Options
    Days like these and buses come into their own.....
  • Options
    And the DLR!!! get on a bus to a DLR stop near you - for those of that work in the City.

Or get a bus to North Greenwich. You can get a bus to North Greenwich from Bexleyheath/Sidcup/Eltham.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

up at 5.30, swept 5 inches of snow off the car. Drove to station, roads not gritted but luckily have 4x4. Train left Battle on time, arrived Ldn Bridge an hour late. Had worse when it's been a 'normal' service. Going to try and get away early though.

I was supposed to get the 11am from Battle but it was delayed for a few minutes. Left at 1066.....
  • Options
    Working from home (as usual) so no travel problems !! Have clients to see this week in Dulwich, Battersea, Guildford, Woking & Docklands so I'm hoping the roads are all clear from tomorrow onwards.

Not looking forward to digging the car out later - I haven't used it since last thursday and is buried under a mountain of snow......
  • Options
    Yep, a 25 min journey took 95 mins, cheers FCC.
  • Options
    Cycled very slowly from Greenwich (Maze Hill) to Bromley South, rather than take my Vespa. Roads fine once at B'heath, but bit of a nightmare getting out of my road and then up Vanbrugh Hill..
  • Options
    Temperatures not likely to rise for the next few days so the snow will stick around for some time yet. We're not really used to that as we often get a thaw quite soon after snowfall.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

My dentist isn't!!! To be fair, the receptionist called at 8am to warn me and called again at 8.30 when I told her I'd intended to walk down. He hasn't been able to get out of his duvet driveway apparently. Been logged on for work since 6.15, but off later for Captain.

In fairness, the amount dentists charge, I expect his driveway is very long indeed.
  • Options
    Yep i'm in been shovelling the snow from the car park so customers can get in for sledges and snow shovels.
  • Options
    Boss rang me at 5:20 to ask if I could get in said no ! And by 6:20 was outside waiting for me!
    Normally doesn't even speak to me!!
  • Options
    I got in. Well I woke up, scratched me nuts, went for the 3 S's then turned the PC on and started work. Commuting is for robots!
  • Options
    shoddy... got to Lee to be told there had not been a train stopping there for over an hour. Gave out a message that there would be train from Sidcup in five mins, that was already rammed, and that they had no information on when the next train would be... working from home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shoddy... got to Lee to be told there had not been a train stopping there for over an hour. Gave out a message that there would be train from Sidcup in five mins, that was already rammed, and that they had no information on when the next train would be... working from home.

woeful

• Options
    Got to Greenhithe at 6am and the first train was about 6.40am. Got all the way to Waterloo East and into work for 8. So a 75 minute journey took 120. So not bad considering.
  • Options
    1 hour journey to 2.5. Terrible and I'm sure more of the same tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I got to Peckham Rye at 8.30, station staff said there hadn't been a train for 45 mins and wouldn't be another for an hour but the app on my phone said a delayed train would arrive in 2 mins, at first they didn't want me to go up to the platform (basically said the app was wrong) but relented and sure enough the train showed up a minute later and got me to City Thameslink pretty much no problem !
  • Options
    working from home so ... thankfully ... no problem
  • Options
    Spankie said:

Got to Greenhithe at 6am and the first train was about 6.40am. Got all the way to Waterloo East and into work for 8. So a 75 minute journey took 120. So not bad considering.

I got to Greenhithe at 6:15 and got a train at 6:30. Bexleyheath line. Got a seat but absolutely rammed by Welling! Interesting trying to get off at Lewisham, lots of elbows and shouting!

Southeastern have had all weekend to plan for this. There is absolutely no excuse for this level of disruption if contigency plans had been well thought out and put in place last night. Absolutely disgusting level of service that holds commuters to ransom!
  • Options

Southeastern have had all weekend to plan for this. There is absolutely no excuse for this level of disruption if contigency plans had been well thought out and put in place last night. Absolutely disgusting level of service that holds commuters to ransom!

E-mail from Southeastern last night said that a number of early morning trains would be cancelled so the stock could be used to form longer trains on other services. What was the first thing I saw when I got to the station this morning?

"This train is formed of 4 carriages"

Absolute bunch of cocksucking arseholes. I'm seriously thinking of DLR from Bank to Lewisham this evening followed by an 89 to Welling. Got to be better than praying Southeastern manage to get me home this millennium.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

I'm seriously thinking of DLR from Bank to Lewisham this evening followed by an 89 to Welling. Got to be better than praying Southeastern manage to get me home this millennium.

Faster to go via Woolwich and get the 51 (most of the time) or North Greenwich and the 486

• Options
    Southern are just as feeble as Southeastern.

Didn't even attempt the train from East Dulwich today - saw the departure board littered with 'delayed' and 'cancelled' and gave the station a miss. Bus routes are running just fine.
  • Options
    Left Shooters Hill at 06:00 in Maidstone hospital at 06:50. A breeze.