Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who has made it into work?

Comments

• Options

Southern are just as feeble as Southeastern.

Didn't even attempt the train from East Dulwich today - saw the departure board littered with 'delayed' and 'cancelled' and gave the station a miss. Bus routes are running just fine.

I can confirm that Southern are indeed equally as bad. Coming from Wallington to Victoria this morning was a proper ball-ache.
  • Options

Left Shooters Hill at 06:00 in Maidstone hospital at 06:50. A breeze.

That ought not cause any drifting then, so the return journey augers well :o)
  • Options
    Left home about 7.40, on a train by 7.55, into charing cross about 9.15. I expected worse to be fair.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Southeastern have had all weekend to plan for this. There is absolutely no excuse for this level of disruption if contigency plans had been well thought out and put in place last night. Absolutely disgusting level of service that holds commuters to ransom!

E-mail from Southeastern last night said that a number of early morning trains would be cancelled so the stock could be used to form longer trains on other services. What was the first thing I saw when I got to the station this morning?

"This train is formed of 4 carriages"

Absolute bunch of cocksucking arseholes. I'm seriously thinking of DLR from Bank to Lewisham this evening followed by an 89 to Welling. Got to be better than praying Southeastern manage to get me home this millennium.

I done the 89 from just before the We Anchor In Hope at the bottom of Shooters Hill at 7.20am this morning. Straight to Lewisham, DLR then got out at Shadwell, a 5 min walk from Whitechapel and I was sitting at my desk by 8.20am so journey took less than an hour. Best way to go in my opinion when its like this. However, I dread to think what the queue's for the buses will be like at Lewisham if everyone tries it!

• Options
    Rizzo and JohnBoyUK: Another alternative is the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and the 486 that is the route my Mrs uses to work and generally it's OK this morning she said she had to let a couple of tubes go as they were packed but she got to work more or less on time.
  • Options
    Cheers Dave. I think I'm going to try Cannon St and if I can get on a train to Welling, Woolwich or Sidcup I'll do that. If not, I'll go to Bank and get the DLR either to Lewisham or Woolwich and bus from there.
  • Options

Rizzo and JohnBoyUK: Another alternative is the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and the 486 that is the route my Mrs uses to work and generally it's OK this morning she said she had to let a couple of tubes go as they were packed but she got to work more or less on time.

Yeah, thats a good alternative. Problem is getting to the Jubilee line from Whitechapel. Dont think the overground was running this morning from Surrey Quays. I guess the other option is tube to Mile End then change to central line to Stratford and back out again!
  • Options
    Got on a train from Elmstead Woods at 9:10am, got off at 10:15am at London Bridge, people passing out and all sorts.
  • Options
    DLR on the agenda tomorrow... or bus to Nth Greenwich... mind you, have actually got more work done from home, bit of time team in the background has obviously helped :o).. yeah I know I'm sad...
  • Options

DLR on the agenda tomorrow... or bus to Nth Greenwich... mind you, have actually got more work done from home, bit of time team in the background has obviously helped :o).. yeah I know I'm sad...

Jeremy Kyle for me......Now I really am sad!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trains out of London Bridge are indeed an absolute 'mare at the moment.
  • Options
    Left Harlow at 6.00am to get to Knightsbridge before our client's tenants left for work to get access to a roof we needed to work on. Arrived at 7.15am and met tenants at 7.45 as my team arrived from Cheshunt.
    I left my guys clearing snow from the roof in preparation for working on it.
    Self-employment = no work / no money.
  • Options
    So, whats the advice for getting home then chumps? I assume the late starters heading off now to get home? my friends that rocked up to work at 11am are certainly packing up to leave. Can you advise those who have put in a full shift of what is what out there please?

Would it be best to go to London bridge to add the Cannon street train option into the mix, or to go to Charing X to get a seat for what will be an inevitable long journey!

Thanks.

• Options
    I am going to wander to cannon street, take a look see how bad it is and then walk back to Bank if crap.

• Options
    Glad to see that the weather didnt affect the turnout for capo
  • Options
    I too can testify that Southern trains are every bit as useless as Southeastern when winter bizarrely and unpredictably brings wintry weather. Very nice of them to add an hour to my usual journey this morning without anything resembling an explanation of why their so-called revised timetable had also gone down the toilet and why several half-empty trains went speeding through when they could have stopped to pick up the 100+ people simply waiting for one train to London Bridge.

Clowns.
  • Options
    @kielyskickingboots - Southern & SouthEastern are al part of the same firm, so being equally shit is par for the course!
  • Options
    Don't forget to claim your ticket refunds for delays over 30 mins:

southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/delay-repay
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

TelMc32 said:

My dentist isn't!!! To be fair, the receptionist called at 8am to warn me and called again at 8.30 when I told her I'd intended to walk down. He hasn't been able to get out of his duvet driveway apparently. Been logged on for work since 6.15, but off later for Captain.

In fairness, the amount dentists charge, I expect his driveway is very long indeed.
    Think I'll end up clearing it for him to help pay his bill...and that's for just walking through the door!! :-(
  • Options
    Gates were being pulled across the entrance of Cannon st just as I was leaving the station as Not one train on the board.

Don't know why I even bothered going there. Back on DLR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MLK day in California today (no, not Milton Keynes) so it's a holiday. I'm working though as no work no pay for us consultants. Had no trouble getting in except the train was crowded because it was a Sunday service. I usually get a seat. Bloody cheek.

Reading all the posts on here brings back bleak memories for me. Nothing changes. :-)
  • Options
    Wanna swap Rob?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    3 hours door to door this morning - most of that was waiting on the station, to be fair, whilst numerous trains were posted up on the board, only to disappear when their time had passed.

Journey home was okay. :-)
  • Options
    If you are trying to get back to SE London from the City and can get to London Bridge then get on the Jubilee to N Greenwich, plenty of bus options from there. I always do that when things are bad on the trains.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Wanna swap Rob?

I'll pass on that one Del :-)

• Options
    No problems this morning.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

No problems this morning.

except if you're walking. It was -8 at 4.30 this morning in Mottingham and the pavements are very icey
  • Options
    7.53 and 8.03 from Hayes to Charing X and Cannon St cancelled. 7.23 hasn't even arrived at Hayes yet. "Signal failure"
  • Options
    total bollox in at 07.30 naffing trains and buses all ok !!!
  • Options
    Left the house early today to allow time to skid along the icy pavements instead of walking. Got a train straight away and into the office early at 8.30 only to find no milk to make a coffee!