Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Options
    Yep as much as a laughable and disgusting miscarriage of justice as the oj trial
  • Options
    It would take about 3 seconds to think up an excuse like 'i thought she was in the bedroom'
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

For me this was the big thing from the judge:

Evidence shows that at time he fired shots at toilet door, Mr Pistorius believed the deceased was in the bedroom, the judge says. This belief was communicated to a number of people shortly after the incident, she adds. The judge says the defence argues it is highly improbably the accused could have made this up so quickly and consistently, even in his bail application, and before he was privy to evidence at the bail application.

Now, either the prosecution is unbelievably inept and could not prove this not to be true or he did actually believe that his girlfriend was not in the bathroom.

The judge has already indicated that he lied in the witness box. How can she then be so sure that the entire story isn't a lie?
  • Options
    Everyone is back in court except the Judge. Probably busy arranging disguises and decoys for when she leaves the courthouse.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

For me this was the big thing from the judge:

Evidence shows that at time he fired shots at toilet door, Mr Pistorius believed the deceased was in the bedroom, the judge says. This belief was communicated to a number of people shortly after the incident, she adds. The judge says the defence argues it is highly improbably the accused could have made this up so quickly and consistently, even in his bail application, and before he was privy to evidence at the bail application.

Now, either the prosecution is unbelievably inept and could not prove this not to be true or he did actually believe that his girlfriend was not in the bathroom.

The judge has already indicated that he lied in the witness box. How can she then be so sure that the entire story isn't a lie?
    I suppose the answer is that she is not sure that the whole story is a lie and that it has to be beyond reasonable doubt in her mind as opposed to ours.
  • Options
    His evidence fell apart in court yet is still being taken as the correct version of what happened.

The evidence was so clearly pointing towards a (non premeditated) murder than anything else is a farce.

So sad for the victim and her family that justice won't be done.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Everyone is back in court except the Judge. Probably busy arranging disguises and decoys for when she leaves the courthouse.

Counting up her brown envelopes.
  • Options
    One thing that most people seem to have overlooked is that this is a black judge with a (famous) white man.
    If you've ever worked or lived in SA recently you will know that since BEE , there is an implicit and overt reverse apartheid in operation, with the black population feeling they have a need to 'get back' at their previously oppressive white brethren.
    Therefore i wouldnt be surprised if she did send him down for a longer period than most people seem to think.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I know that if I thought heard someone in my property in the middle of the night the first thing I'd do is wake my girlfriend who is lying right next to me. Just saying.

100%
  • Options
    pioneer said:

I know that if I thought heard someone in my property in the middle of the night the first thing I'd do is wake my girlfriend who is lying right next to me. Just saying.

100%
    Not to mention that there is no way that the bedroom is so completely dark that it was impossible to see if anyone else was in the bed. Especially as, by his own admission, the sliding door, window and blinds were open (he closed them before going to see what the mysterious noise was).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

pioneer said:

100%
    Not to mention that there is no way that the bedroom is so completely dark that it was impossible to see if anyone else was in the bed. Especially as, by his own admission, the sliding door, window and blinds were open (he closed them before going to see what the mysterious noise was).

why did he close them before going to look?
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Rizzo said:

pioneer said:

100%

why did he close them before going to look?
    Possibly because he's making the whole story up?

• Options
    It's like, "I've heard a strange noise. what I need to do before looking what it is , is make the place dark and hard to see in!
  • Options
    "Unexplained delay" in Judge returning to Court. Perhaps she's sobered up?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

"Unexplained delay" in Judge returning to Court. Perhaps she's sobered up?

or shes getting a 'pep talk'
  • Options
    I very much think he killed her with intent. A calculated structure of possible defense for himself was put into place shortly after her death.

Like I said, if he killed her with intent, it was obviously not well thought out and was a sudden rush of anger.

He killed her in a sudden emotional push.
  • Options
    Prosecution and defence councils have both left court. Something's definitely afoot!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Prosecution and defence councils have both left court. Something's definitely ablade!

fixed it for you

• Options
    There's some krugerrand flying around there, Lethal weapon style!
  • Options

3-way ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is going down.
  • Options
    reconvening tomorrow at 9.30.....! work hard don't they..... they only finished a break10 mins ago!
  • Options
    Looking like at least some form of justice will be done
  • Options
    Guilty of culpable homicide but she has now retired 'til tomorrow so won't confirm that and the sentence 'til then.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Rizzo said:

colthe3rd said:

Why is everyone so desperate for him to be found guilty?

Because he's a m_________?

You might want to re-think that, now that he's been found not guilty of murder
  • Options
    Celebrity gets lenient sentencing, no surprise.
  • Options
    I think he will get 10yrs
  • Options

Celebrity gets lenient sentencing, no surprise.

Public desperate for a celebrity guilty verdict, no surprise.
  • Options
    Col are you David Icke?
  • Options
    Surely the judge could have got that all over with today?