Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Options

He was never going to be found guilty of pre med

It's the murder with intent they wamt

Agreed.

However, the indications are that she has fallen hook, line and sinker for his act and he will be a free man by tonight.

Unbelievable but in no way unexpected.

How on earth can she decide that by him firing a gun through a door he could not have known that he might kill the person behind it!

• Options
    The weakest thing I have heard in the whole case
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    There was one journalist allowed access to Pistorius in prison. His name is Mark Williams-Thomas. He was instrumental in some of the celebrity sexual abuse cases coming to trial. Particularly Jimmy Saville. I thought the journalist was quite damning of what he found in the sexual abuse cases and was in no way an easy touch.
    He reckons he is not guilty. (Just saying).
  • Options
    Oscar Pistorius is not guilty of murder ... and I'm in line to be the next pope.

Unfortunately, this was very predictable
  • Options
    Unbelievable Jeff.
  • Options
    Why is everyone so desperate for him to be found guilty?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Because he's a murderer?

• Options
    Rizzo said:

colthe3rd said:

Because he's a murderer?

Allegedly, and that isn't looking likely now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    colthe3rd said:

Rizzo said:

colthe3rd said:

Because he's a murderer?

Oh come on now
  • Options
    It's called faith in the justice system, how can the judge say that if you shoot 4 shots through a door into an area no.bigger than 5 ft wide you not intend to kill the person behind the door

It's a terrible shame that this murderer will get away with it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem with a public trial is that the public can see the same evidence that the judge sees. If the judge then comes to a verdict that appears to fly in the face of the evidence then the accused will still be viewed as guilty regardless of the actual verdict.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I forget that we are all experts in law and in particular South African law.

Give over. This is an outrage and everyone knows it. How can someone shooting into a door with someone behind it not mean to kill?
  • Options
    Everyone has watched and listened to what that scum done to that poor beautiful girl, it's a laughable and so predictable outcome

To find him not guilty is just as sinful as pulling the trigger

The man lied and was proven to lie causing totall contradictory statements

The judge even stated it in summary, but has said it doesn't mean he is guilty just the worst witness ever

It's ridiculous scandalous but hey south Africa can have their pin up amputee on celebrity let me out of here

He isn't even good at his sport anymore
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If I shoot 4 times even through a door, I would hope I shot them dead
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I can't believe her family can just sit there and watch him gurning and pulling his victim card. I want to smash my TV watching him and have no emotional attachment.

If he walks this will be an utter disgrace.

Agree.

He wont be Walking though.
  • Options
    What the judge actually said was there is no way he could have known that firing those shots might have killed someone.

Unbelievable.
  • Options
    he's gonna walk
  • Options
    Culpable homicide in South Africa is defined as the ‘unlawful negligent killing of a human being’. It is a charge that focusses on negligence rather than intent. An example of culpable homicide could be reckless driving that results in a person’s death.

There is no prescribed sentence for culpable homicide and the judge can use her discretion in sentencing based on the circumstances of the case.
  • Options

What the judge actually said was there is no way he could have known that firing those shots might have killed someone.

Unbelievable.

No, and this is the point.
    Clearly he did not subjectively foresee this, that he would have killed the person behind the door, let alone the deceased
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unbelievable.

What on earth does she think he thought the shots would do?

• Options

Unbelievable.

If he didn't know that the shots would kill someone, then why fire the gun 4 times? What was the purpose of owning a firearm then? If he didn't know that discharging a weapon 4 times in a closed environment, on a supposed 'intruder' (righto) would kill them, then why bother firing?

There is no logic here.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Unbelievable.

If he didn't know that the shots would kill someone, then why fire the gun 4 times? What was the purpose of owning a firearm then? If he didn't know that discharging a weapon 4 times in a closed environment, on a supposed 'intruder' (righto) would kill them, then why bother firing?

There is no logic here.
    Especially as he is trained with that particular firearm and is / should be fully aware of its consequences.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Unbelievable.

There is no logic here.
    Especially as he is trained with that particular firearm and is / should be fully aware of its consequences.
    Good shout TRR.

Its just total bullshit it really is. Imagine what the victims family must be thinking.
  • Options

he's gonna walk

Hop?
  • Options
    For me this was the big thing from the judge:

Evidence shows that at time he fired shots at toilet door, Mr Pistorius believed the deceased was in the bedroom, the judge says. This belief was communicated to a number of people shortly after the incident, she adds. The judge says the defence argues it is highly improbably the accused could have made this up so quickly and consistently, even in his bail application, and before he was privy to evidence at the bail application.

Now, either the prosecution is unbelievably inept and could not prove this not to be true or he did actually believe that his girlfriend was not in the bathroom.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Rizzo said:

colthe3rd said:

Because he's a murderer?

righto
  • Options
    Come on col

The judge also said she couldn't understand how or why the communication between the two didn't happen

So how could she know for definite that he thought she was in the bedroom at the time

It's nonsense
  • Options

This is a disgrace, South Africa hang your head in shame

Like the US did with OJ Simpson?
  • Options
    I know that if I thought heard someone in my property in the middle of the night the first thing I'd do is wake my girlfriend who is lying right next to me. Just saying.