Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Options
    Got it all wrong again today and his crying at points of stress so he can gain advice from his council is getting so obvious

My only concern is the judge is not buying I to the prosecutions style of questioning
  • Options
    Almost think he would be better holding his hands up over lesser charges, being more honest about the relationship problems and therefore he might be seen in better light by judge and her two aids.

I think he would be better off offering up some confessions to areas in which he has done wrong without having to be questioned. Probably too late now. Should be saying yes at times I was a c*nt and an uncaring boyfriend but doesnt mean I would want to shoot her.

Instead he just denies everything even though it's so clear cut in those text messages that she sent him.

• Options
    i hate this style of Trial by TV / glamourising approach, but i'd be lying if I didn't say i'm finding it all pretty absorbing stuff.
  • Options
    Just to ask, what is the highlighted motive suggested as the reason he wanted to kill his wife.

It's harder to dig into without that kind of evidence. Might be something that only the two of them are aware of, but that's rare, and any kind of clue of an affair, jealously, anything like that, could get him in jail.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    in my mind, two possible things happened:

1. they had an almighty row, fight maybe, she fled to the toilet and he without too much thought just fired off trying to frighten her
    2. he weren't thinking straight, panicked and just started firing

either way, he almighty screwed up and i'm finding the defence that never ever seems to have been his fault pretty damning.

As someone else said above, i really don't think we will ever get to hear the real truth of what occurred as the only one who could tell it is OP, and i don't think that will ever happen.
  • Options
    Im going with

- They argued, he got aggresive and frightened her (screams heard) she fled to the toilet and would not open the door so he fired shots through the door, either to get it open or to frighten her and it all went pete tong from there.

He does come across as a bit of a hot head and aggresive etc. Thats my theory and im sticking to it
  • Options
    He didn't fire the gun, it went off accidently fourtimes......well that's what he said earlier!!!!
  • Options
    I think he is an aggressive possessive bstd who has no control over his anger

Due to either him being mentally unstable and a time bomb waiting to happen

Or another sinister imbalance of his chemical make up

One thing is for sure it's a real life version of X factor

Someone has told OP that his story is plausible and he should stick with it and keep trying in the end you will get there

When the reality is the panel are going to be honest expose you as a fraud and dillusuonal and dissect your claim piece by piece

It's compelling viewing but as predictable lately as charlton collapse in the fa cup

Hard questions resulting In mumbling and lies followed by tears adjournment followed by prep answer and more lies
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    God help him if he ends up in Pollsmoor, though that is in Cape Town so he will probably end up somewhere a bit more local to where he/his family live.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I think the whole thing will either end up not guilty or pistorias won't make sentencing
  • Options
    Only really followed from afar but why would a burglar be in the toilet, what was he supposed to be nicking a bog roll, a shower curtain or had he just nipped in for a number 2.

IMHO seems guilty as AJ Simpson & look what happened there.
  • Options
    A friend of a friend encountered him at the Olympics and said he is an arrogant rude arsehole that is so far up his own arse it's untrue
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Im going with

- They argued, he got aggresive and frightened her (screams heard) she fled to the toilet and would not open the door so he fired shots through the door, either to get it open or to frighten her and it all went pete tong from there.

He does come across as a bit of a hot head and aggresive etc. Thats my theory and im sticking to it

That's certainly a lot more plausible than his defence for sure.

The innocent until proven guilty concept is challenged here. He clearly shot her. And the shooting was clearly quite deliberate. I'd have thought that the defence has the burden of proof rather than the prosecution.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    smiffyboy said:

A friend of a friend encountered him at the Olympics and said he is an arrogant rude arsehole that is so far up his own arse it's untrue

Your friend is a hundred percent right the fella whilst over here fulfilled his sponsorship commitments but was very unpleasent to be around and did not mix well with any of the others that were there at the time

Was selective as to which famous people and athletes he was pictured with and had an arsehole of a security man

• Options
    His defence(s) seems to be 'I didn't mean to shoot' but if you don't like that one, 'I didn't mean to kill whoever was in the toilet' and if that one doesn't meet your fancy how about 'If you find I did mean to fire the gun and if you find I did mean to kill, then how about I did it in self defence?' I hate these multiple defences which are self-contradictory when carefully analysed. I don't like the prosecutor's approach where he constantly says 'I don't believe you'. His view is irrelevant and in this country would be bollocked (technical legal term M'lud) by the judge. Maybe another example of the difference in the two legal systems.
  • Options
    His opinion might not be valid pal but he is right

I don't think anyone believes him
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Pretty sure there'll be more than him up his arse soon...
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Your friend is a hundred percent right the fella whilst over here fulfilled his sponsorship commitments but was very unpleasent to be around and did not mix well with any of the others that were there at the time

Was selective as to which famous people and athletes he was pictured with and had an arsehole of a security man

Arrogance personified. Didn't he lose an event, and complain that his rival's blades were against regulations? Wouldn't accept being beaten fairly.

Anyone who falls for his act is horribly naive. He can cry all he wants while under interrogation, but the cameras have regularly seen him laughing and grinning at other times during the trial. If you 'accidentally' kill your girlfriend, I'm honestly not sure you'd even be able to live with yourself.

All the history of texts/emails/messages show that all was not well in the relationship. He sounds like an abusive, possessive ar$ehole.

He's a known gun-nut, and the prosecuting lawyer caught him out by asking if he knew what the phrase "zombie stopper" meant. He claimed he didn't know before a video showing him shooting a melon and using the phrase.

All points to: argument > arrogant superstar not getting his way > out of hand killing of his girlfriend.

Unfortunately his reputation will probably keep him free, and he'll go back to South African hero status.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

smiffyboy said:

Arrogance personified. Didn't he lose an event, and complain that his rival's blades were against regulations? Wouldn't accept being beaten fairly.

Anyone who falls for his act is horribly naive. He can cry all he wants while under interrogation, but the cameras have regularly seen him laughing and grinning at other times during the trial. If you 'accidentally' kill your girlfriend, I'm honestly not sure you'd even be able to live with yourself.

All the history of texts/emails/messages show that all was not well in the relationship. He sounds like an abusive, possessive ar$ehole.

He's a known gun-nut, and the prosecuting lawyer caught him out by asking if he knew what the phrase "zombie stopper" meant. He claimed he didn't know before a video showing him shooting a melon and using the phrase.

All points to: argument > arrogant superstar not getting his way > out of hand killing of his girlfriend.

Unfortunately his reputation will probably keep him free, and he'll go back to South African hero status.
    Whatever happens to Pistorius he ain't ever going to be a hero in SA or anywhere else ever again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another bad day for Pistorious yesterday.

Steenkamp allegedly had a bag packed and was ready to leave him.

Also there was food in her stomach 8 hours after he says they ate which can't be possible.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'll sum up the pistorius case so far:

"no me lady"
    "no me lady"
    "no me lady"

"stop crying"

"ok me lady"
  • Options

"no me lady"
    "no me lady"
    "no me lady"

"stop crying"

"ok me lady"

Sounds like a scene from Thurderbirds.
  • Options
    Bloke on the radio whose wife is S.A. and was in the country when the shooting occurred said it was rumored that Pistorious girlfriend was having an affair with a rugby player.
  • Options
    Is he claiming that the toilet door was locked? I honestly can't remember. But if it was, how many people in a relationship such as theirs, lock the loo door in the middle of the night. If it was a burglar, would he or she lock the door, I don't think so unless they were looking at putting one away themeslves. Case Closed M'Lady
  • Options
    Missus called it ages ago that Steenkamp told him she was ending it and leaving him and he flipped out
  • Options
    He was telling her to get the f put of his house not a burglar

I still think he neat the door with the bat before he shot her and that's why she was cowering in the toilet

His sister is irritating the hell out of me with her constipated look
  • Options
    Guilty as hell in my view. An amazingly concocted and fanciful story. All evidence seems to suggest he's lying, the food, the shooting, witness statements, not checking where she was etc. etc. Apperently he can fire off his gun at someone without compunction but can't give evidence without breaking down. Hopefully m'lady isn't taken in by any of it but you never know.
  • Options
    I had to listen to a friend of a friend the other day tell me she didnt think he did it. I was quite shocked. She looked quite sensible.
  • Options
    Being rich and white in sth Africa this time may not save him