Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Who remembers where they were at 10.11?

9/11 and now 10/11
  • edited February 2013
    Whoosh.
    ???
    Are they the odds for Peanuts new tip ?
  • I was working in Jo'burg last week ...been there a couple of times before but still a bit of an eye-opener when you notice that all decent living accommodation is surrounded by high walls and electric fences. Most of the participants in the Jo'burg Open were staying at my hotel and it was surrounded by armed police.
  • edited February 2013
    Haemor ?
  • Police are reporting that Emile Heskey was involved in a similar altercation with his wife last night.
    No harm done.
  • I had a brief spell working there. Found people of all races very pleasant, but was shocked that it was acceptable to take a gun to the office (you had to check it in at the door). Never saw that even in the gun toting US.
  • Prosecution are claiming pre-meditated murder.
  • I thought gun ownership was tightly controlled in the new South Africa, although I know alot of them do arm themselves....
  • Sponsored links:

• If it was pre-meditated, he didn't exactly plan it very well.
  • I dunno about anybody else but every time I hear or see Pistorious I begin to sing the British National Anthem......appy pistorious. I really need to get over this soon!
  • edited February 2013
    Hmm, similar, I keep thinking of this one.
    Glorious, Pistorious,
    One bottle of beer between the four of us.

That's what we sang during the Olympics.

(No piss take intended)
  • His Nike advert now looks more than a little unfortunate

• The Curse of Nike strikes again havent been very lucky have they with their stars
  • edited February 2013
    A tragedy ... a hot tempered young man and a possibly neurotic, beautiful young woman, booze, guns, death, murder, life ruined. All that effort and willpower spent on becoming a model athlete and 'disabled' icon for it all to end like this, to be remembered as a killer and not as a wonderful, if overwillful athlete.
  • A tragedy ... a hot tempered young man and a possibly neurotic, beautiful young woman, booze, guns, death, murder, life ruined. All that effort and willpower spent on becoming a model athlete and 'disabled' icon for it all to end like this, to be remembered as a killer and not as a wonderful, if overwillful athlete.

All the ingredients of a modern opera ;o)

• Solidgone said:

A tragedy ... a hot tempered young man and a possibly neurotic, beautiful young woman, booze, guns, death, murder, life ruined. All that effort and willpower spent on becoming a model athlete and 'disabled' icon for it all to end like this, to be remembered as a killer and not as a wonderful, if overwillful athlete.

All the ingredients of a modern opera ;o)

unfortunately you're right : 'MidTransvaal Murders'
  • edited February 2013

As you seem to know more on this than the news agencies, Lincs, if you could just fill me in? Cheers.
  • Is it just me or are these jokes a) not funny & b) in really poor taste?

A young woman has died for heavens sake and another young man's life is in pieces.

The dead woman is not a Charlton fan so doesnt afford much respect...shoot me down if I'm wrong.

• Sponsored links:

A young woman has died for heavens sake and another young man's life is in pieces.

The dead woman is not a Charlton fan so doesnt afford much respect...shoot me down if I'm wrong.

Thats probably the weirdest post ive seen for a while.

Thats so bizarre I dont even know what to say.
  • Awful post.
  • Shocking post that.

what a weird thing to say!

• edited February 2013
    Perhaps Maybe was alluding to the thread where Nathan Prior was given respect because he was a Charlton fan.
    If that is the case -I obviously don't know - it's still pretty tenuous and unlike his usual input.

what a weird thing to say!

I thought he was being sarcastic but as I know little about sarcasm I could be wrong.

• Maybe he means that when someone on here says that a relative or friend has died they get lots of condolences and 'our thougts are with you ' messages, no one would think of making a joke or crass comment.

But when its not Charlton related or a news story then we get the jokes, bit of banter some would say.

I admit I laugh at the jokes about this and other tragedies.
  • South African Olympic and Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius has strongly rejected a charge that he murdered his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

Ms Steenkamp, a 29-year-old model, was shot dead at Mr Pistorius's home near Pretoria on Thursday.

Appearing in court in Pretoria, Mr Pistorius wept as prosecutors vowed to pursue a charge of premeditated murder.

An application for bail was postponed until next Tuesday and the athlete will remain in police custody.

"The alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms", said a statement released by Mr Pistorius's family and management company after the court hearing.