Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Options
    Move on chaps, ta
  • Options
    AFKA I appreciate you are meant to be the voice of reason on here but I have a 6 week old baby girl here telling me this pricks logic is flawed and in all honesty you should have piped up when he was posting how he "understands" why white people in SA should fear for their lifes not when I disagreed with him.
  • Options
    Sorry but I get what Rob was saying. Correct me if I'm wrong Rob but I'll use this analogy so some people might get your point how I read it:

Imagine if our country was visited by a group of small but powerful group of Martians. They've landed and begun to brutalise us, dehumanise us and have not given a thought to how we want to see the future of our country. They're the ones in charge now so f**k us. We see our brothers and sons murdered and beaten. Any kind of freedom in our lives eradicated.
    Then one day things change. Spacemen from other planets got in touch with the Martians and said 'oi, you can't treat those people like that. Sort it out or we'll cripple you. You can stay though, just play nice'.
    So the Martians stayed and deep down they actually wanted to live in peace so they started giving us our freedom back and a say in the destiny of our future and some of us said 'we want to just live in peace so we'll forgive but never forget what you put us through'.

BUT

Some of us couldn't forget what we'd been put through and still seething with an anger that can be born from our treatment, still seek to punish the Martians for their past sins.

Hope this makes sense. Apologies in advance but I've had a couple of Russian Standards.
  • Options
    bollox and before big bad whitey came to Africa there was peace and love and hugs and no slavery rape murders and one tribe didnt shit all over another----its your guilt than live with it it isnt mine ,
  • Options

bollox and before big bad whitey came to Africa there was peace and love and hugs and no slavery rape murders and one tribe didnt shit all over another----its your guilt than live with it it isnt mine ,

Well that is another way to look at it. ;-)

Just not sure which reasoned argument to agree with.

• Options
    I've got no guilt GH, none of my (white) family were involved in the apartheid regime, none have ever been to Africa. I suffer no left wing collective guilt either as in 'ooh haven't us honkies been beastly'
    Nor do I turn a blind eye to the savagery that Africans commit against Africans every fucking day. It makes me sick but that's life. I'm just a cynical bastard who just really wish we could get along but fuck it if other people don't want that. We'll all be dead soon anyway and the cycle will just continue. I'm not so hippy dippy to believe this planet will ever achieve nirvana for it's humans.

Anyway, I was only offering an analogy of how I believed Rob's post read. Wish I'd kept out of it.
  • Options
    AUN dont feel like that mate I agree with your last post just not the one before, you would be surprised how far people take the white guilt thing. After growing up 4 up in a 1 bedroom flat in Lee Green you can imagine its a theory I dont subscribe to. Never the less DSS in Lee Green to home owner in West Malling teaches you a few very valuable lessons along the way.
  • Options
    P.s honkies is a racist word btw ;-)
  • Options

P.s honkies is a racist word btw ;-)

Apologies, I'll hang my head in shame ;o)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If you were street u wud know dis fam :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

I never said I thought it was right. And of course I don't think they have a 'right' to do it. But it's a fact of life that people do hold grievances from atrocities that have been commited against their people in the past. That's what I was suggesting bubbles under the surface in SA. And, of course I understand the English have done their fair share of raping and pillaging through the centuries. Sigh.

Strangely, the black South African's generally dont have an 'eye-for-an-eye' mentality - maybe this could be primarily down to Mandela's non-aggressive stance in the past - however, Jacob Zuma is a totally differenct kettle of fish, and there are serious concerns about what might happen once Nelson pops his clogs - as he tends to be the glue that sticks everything together just by his presence.
  • Options
    Now we've got reports of a bloodied cricket bat and steroids found in his house, plus news that she apparently had suffered a crushed skull.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    shirty5 said:

Is it just me or are these jokes a) not funny & b) in really poor taste?

A young woman has died for heavens sake and another young man's life is in pieces.

The dead woman is not a Charlton fan so doesnt afford much respect...shoot me down if I'm wrong.

Weird but not surprised due to previous crass comments. If you have no respect for the woman, then it's best to keep your powder dry.
    Feel free to highlight any of my previous crass comments. Also read the entire thread. It's ok, I'm not angry, I just need you to know that I'm not what you've tried to make me out to be.

ps. I'm often offended about jokes related to tragic deaths, that doesnt make me a bad person, plus I truly dont expect you to be offended by some of the jokes on this thread...we all have different sensitivities.

• Options

Unless i am wrong and i stand to be corrected i took may be babys comments as a dig at you guys who were cracking jokes at the death of a young woman not the fact she had died

Thank you also.

• Options

Now we've got reports of a bloodied cricket bat and steroids found in his house, plus news that she apparently had suffered a crushed skull.

according to the Metro she was shot whilst sitting on the toilet. What is all that about?

• Options
    Telegraph reported that first shot fired was in the bedroom due to bullet case found there, she was shot in the hip. Then she had ran to bathroom, and he fired through the bathroom door. She was in there, doubled over in pain due to hip shot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/9875621/Oscar-Pistorius-murder-charge-bloodied-cricket-bat-found-at-Paralympic-athletes-home.html

• Options
    "A post-mortem examination on the body of the 29-year-old model revealed that as well as bullet wounds to the head, arm, hand and hip, she suffered a fractured skull, it reported"

And we're expected to believe he simply mistook her for an intruder?
  • Options
    the more and more that comes out about this, the more chilling it all sounds. the bloodied bat and fractured skull and reports of being in the loo and that she'd stayed the night in the bed with him.
  • Options
    Are his tears for her or for himself knowing that the evidence stacks up against him?

Wouldn't be the last bloke you've seen bawling his eyes out and then later charged with the murder.
  • Options
    If I was facing life in a South African prison I'm fairly sure I'd be crying my eyes out too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be interesting to see the results of:

a) his blood tests to see if he was pumped with steroids
    b) the blood tests on the bat to see if it's hers

If it's yes to both of those then it seems a simple case of they had a row over something, roid rage took over and he went mental. Neighbours reports of hearing arguments earlier that night, plus the numerous stories we're hearing of him having a 'short fuse', do not make this look good for him.
  • Options

according to the Metro she was shot whilst sitting on the toilet. What is all that about?

Shit way to go.
  • Options
    Must have really wanted to wipe her out.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

If I was facing life in a South African prison I'm fairly sure I'd be crying my eyes out too!

At least he will be able to speed away from anyone who chases him!
  • Options

Will be interesting to see the results of:

a) his blood tests to see if he was pumped with steroids
    b) the blood tests on the bat to see if it's hers

I would think that the cricket bat is his.

• Options

the more and more that comes out about this, the more chilling it all sounds. the bloodied bat and fractured skull and reports of being in the loo and that she'd stayed the night in the bed with him.

Not looking good, is it?
  • Options

Rizzo said:

If they let him have his legs. And if they aren't stolen 2 minutes after lights out.
  • Options
    Cant really speed away from anyone in a locked cell to be honest
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

If they let him have his legs. And if they aren't stolen 2 minutes after lights out.
    PMSL! Reckon he could still travel pretty quick on his stumps, I would not back myself against him!

• Options
    Rizzo said:

I used to live quite close to Pollsmoor prison in Cape Town, and i had a friend who was thrown into Pollsmoor for a weekend when he re-entered the country from abroad for supposedly not paying his child maintenance (they take ttaht very seriously)- this was subsequently revoked when it was established that 1 ) he had paid his maintenance and 2) His ex had wanted to 'punish' him.

He told me stories similar to the what is in the article below - and said that it was a 'hell' that you cannot imagine.It affected him so much that he decided to leave the country permanently and go live in Oz.

One of the odd things about Pollsmoor is that it is slap bang in the middle of one of the most affluient areas of Cape Town, with posh houses with swimming pools, a brand new shopping centre,championship golf course,Steenberg Wine Estate,Top private school (Reddam) and even the US Embassy - all literally right on its doorstep.

http://www.capechameleon.co.za/printed-version/issue-4/human-rights/