Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Options
    You clos the toilet door, you don't lock it.
  • Options
    You do if there is a mad man with no legs and a nine mil chasing you I'm the dark

However to say a man is guilty because his missus likes to lock a door when she does her business is not right

• Options
    He had to go through the bedroom from the balcony to the bathroom police have reported its looking pretty grim for him
  • Options
    Needles and testosterone found in the room
  • Options

So its the Blade Runners bail hearing today. I think he has a cunning plan---they give him bail and tag him !!

Presumably not with one of the tags that go around the ankle.

• Options
    edited February 2013

Needles and testosterone found in the room

Perhaps she caught him shooting up.
    Don't think it was hers.
  • Options
    2 bottles of testosterone and needles found in the house.
    Just been confirmed on the news.
  • Options
    So after reading that, a couple of things don't make sense to me:

1. He hears a noise in the bathroom and automatically assumes it's an intruder. Surely the first thing you would do would be to check the person in the toilet was your girlfriend. He fires shots, shouts for the police to be called, and only after that does he check the bed and turn the light on.

2. Even if it was true and she had gone to the toilet, why would she lock the door?

3. His defence appears to be based on the premise that it would have been acceptable/excusable to shoot an intruder dead.

You'd have thought that having woken up at 3AM and then strapping on his legs (which presumably takes a minute or so) that he would have noticed that the gf who was lying next to him in bed a few hours earlier was no longer there and that perhaps the noise was caused by her? Also, why didn't he phone the police or security if he thought that there was an intruder(s) in his house? An invalid with a gf in the house faced by at least one or more intruders and he does nothing?

Why not turn on the lights as well rather than stumble around in the dark?

Then there's the police reports of domestic trouble and shouting etc that they had been called out previously to investigate and the blood on the cricket bat...

At best they had an argument she storms off to the bathroom and locks the door, in a fit of rage and he tries to shoot the lock out and somehow he kills her in the process.
  • Options
    From Aislinn Laing in court:

Botha: "We have a statement from a neighbour saying she heard two people talking loudly at each other, it might have been a fight, from 2am to 3am. We also have a statement from a person who said that the lights at the house were on. He heard the gunshots and went to the balcony."

He pauses before delivering the final line: "He said he heard a female screaming, and then another couple of shots"

• Options
    agree with BFR.

How can you not notice your gf is no longer next to you in bed.

If i heard someone in the house the first thing i would do is wake the missus to tell her.......to go check it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They don't have jury trials in South Africa for criminal offences. I can't see any professional magistrate believing Pistorious's cock and bull defence.
  • Options
    I'd sack the brief. Can't believe this is the best they have come up with. There are already so many holes in his statement you could drain your washing through it.
  • Options
    Seems like the defence are now ripping the police to shreds.
  • Options

I'd sack the brief. Can't believe this is the best they have come up with. There are already so many holes in his statement you could drain your washing through it.

And this is why you must hear both sides of the stroy his defence is smashing in this as we speak.

The neighbour who heard arguing and see the light on lives 600m away.

The drugs are herbal and legal and it quite possible he did shoot without his legs on

• Options
    Regardless of the drugs and the arguing I am still stuck on how it's dark enough to not notice someone in bed with you but not too dark that you can't get out on the balcony, put your legs on, get a gun, get from one side of the room to another, etc.
  • Options
    andrew harding ‏@BBCAndrewH
    "We're in terrible trouble" says junior prosecution official leaving court.

Interesting comment to be making in a public arena full of journos!

Have to say I am really surprised how the SA officials have played it, it's been out of control since that dozy woman copper opened the whole can of worms from the start, the Yanks couldn't have done it any more Hollywood.
  • Options
    Good defence lawyers though by the sounds of it!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It's morbid and all the rest of it but this case really is fascinating. Can't believe how much the mood on it has sort of changed in the last hour.
  • Options

Wasnt she shot before going into the toilet - in which case,wouldnt she be screaming in pain and therefore he would know that she was in the toilet.

And wearing her clothes. Neighbour heard a couple shouting shortly before she was shot. That's enough for me....guilty!
  • Options
    Police say the bullets through the door suggest they were fired down, implying he had his legs on at the time.

Pistorious says he didn't have his legs on at that time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, redcarter - it's a tragedy, and I really feel for her family, but I can't pretend it's not fascinating.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone know if 'beyond reasonable doubt' is used the same in SA courts as Britain?
  • Options

Police say the bullets through the door suggest they were fired down, implying he had his legs on at the time.

Pistorious says he didn't have his legs on at that time.

The ballistics are going to be vital, if they can disprove b.r.d. him being without his prosthetics from the angles then the dominoes start to go.
  • Options
    Agree the case is fascinating. However the amount of information that is already appearing in the public domain is amazing. There seems no way to me this should be available at this early stage, does not fill me with confidence that justice will be done in this case (in whatever direction)
  • Options

Regardless of the drugs and the arguing I am still stuck on how it's dark enough to not notice someone in bed with you but not too dark that you can't get out on the balcony, put your legs on, get a gun, get from one side of the room to another, etc.

Its was very dark though. Apparently he couldnt see two feet in front of him !!!

• Options
    kigelia said:

Agree the case is fascinating. However the amount of information that is already appearing in the public domain is amazing. There seems no way to me this should be available at this early stage, does not fill me with confidence that justice will be done in this case (in whatever direction)

The statements are from evidence in court from the preliminary hearing rather than hearsay/gossip.

• Options
    kigelia said:

No jury though is there? I know a magistrate can obviously still be "influenced" but I'm sure they're "trained" to ignore all the media spouting.

• Options
    I don't see how he can get away with it.

Regardless of whether he thought it was his girlfriend or an intruder, he still shot a defenceless person dead.

However, in view of the OJ case, plus his defence slaughtering the copper this morning, i wouldn't be surprised if he did get off.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Its was very dark though. Apparently he couldnt see two feet in front of him !!!

I know I shouldn't but I did LOL.
  • Options

I don't see how he can get away with it.

Regardless of whether he thought it was his girlfriend or an intruder, he still shot a defenceless person dead.

Not sure what the legal system is over there but there are many countries where shooting an intruder is not an offence, taking the view that they shouldn't be there in the first place and anything that happens to them is their own fault.