Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger -Are we nearing the end?

Comments

• Options
    The board have said the money is there for him to spend.

So either:

a) it's there and he's not spending it
    b) it's not there and they're stitching him by saying it is

'a' reflects badly on him and he surely wouldn't put up with 'b' if they were lying and making him look the 'bad guy'.

A 15m record transfer fee for a club with their income and resources is very low.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Whilst I agree it's time for him to go some of the vitriol directed at him by Arsenal supporters is quite disgusting and I'd be ashamed if it was us. To go through Jan an only buy a left-back seemed crazy and their is certainly money to spend if he wanted it.

There was a big fight in the Arsenal end at Brighton a couple of weeks ago when an 'In Arsene We Rust' banner was unfurled.

Do you know for a fact there is money to spend or is it based on Arsenal making a profit every year?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    For anyone wanting to know about Arsenal finances:
    theshortfuse.com/2012/9/27/3418558/arsenals-2012-finances-in-review-and-opinion
    Basically Arsenal are paying the same in tax on their profits that CAFC lose each year!
    They have £154M in the bank and the debt on the Emirates is low interest / long term so will be paid off year by year. They are the fourth highest payers to players in the country but they won't be rolled over. And their commercial revenue is low compared to European giants.
    Not seen the specifics on Wenger but with just a 4 point gap on Spurs in 4th place it will be interesting to see if they can qualify for the 16th (!!!) year running. Perhaps if they don't then people might agree time for a change?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7f708uthj5Q

The link was posted up on one of the Spurs boards yesterday. Quite incredible how he loses it. He looks like a man under intense pressure. The next three weeks are pretty much going to shape their season. Munich home and away and the little matter of the NLD at WHL. However, comparing the run ins of Spurs and Ars*nal, you still have to make them favourites for 4th place and he surely has to see that as a successful season, given their "predicament".

• Options
    Yes, the mystery over their finances and lack of spending is curious, we are always hearing about this massive pot they have, yet little of it gets spent, and when it is, it often seems last minute and panicky, especially as each season they inevitably lose one of their big names...

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

The link was posted up on one of the Spurs boards yesterday. Quite incredible how he loses it. He looks like a man under intense pressure. The next three weeks are pretty much going to shape their season. Munich home and away and the little matter of the NLD at WHL. However, comparing the run ins of Spurs and Ars*nal, you still have to make them favourites for 4th place and he surely has to see that as a successful season, given their "predicament".

I never understand why people are so ready to write Arsenal off, last year you had a 10 point gap at this point and they managed to overhaul that. Every year they lose their best player, everyone says well they definitely won't make top 4 and every year they do. Now I admit with the way they are headed it will surely only be a matter of time before they don't but I would never write them off. And as you rightly say the derby will be massive as it usually is.

For some reason there seems to be such an urge from some to see them fail. I can understand Tottenham fans but from others it just seems weird. We as fans all moan about silly wages etc. but when a team like Arsenal tries to live within their budget everyone ridicules them for not spending enough. All just a bit odd to me.
  • Options
    20 years in London and he still speaks like the cop from 'Allo 'Allo.

Using broken English in that press conference - an intelligent guy that speaks several languages.

The bloke is a total sham.
  • Options
    16 years and his English is still awful.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I never understand why people are so ready to write Arsenal off, last year you had a 10 point gap at this point and they managed to overhaul that. Every year they lose their best player, everyone says well they definitely won't make top 4 and every year they do. Now I admit with the way they are headed it will surely only be a matter of time before they don't but I would never write them off. And as you rightly say the derby will be massive as it usually is.

For some reason there seems to be such an urge from some to see them fail. I can understand Tottenham fans but from others it just seems weird. We as fans all moan about silly wages etc. but when a team like Arsenal tries to live within their budget everyone ridicules them for not spending enough. All just a bit odd to me.
    You can never write them off. They're like a bad rash that keeps coming back.

I'm off to stick a cheeky tenner on Ars*nal winning the Champions League. When they get knocked out, it'll be money well spent...and if god forbid they do somehow achieve a miracle as big as Chelsea's last year, I'll be suitably compensated :)

• Options

That "coat" as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

You really are a pillock aren't you?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You a closet Gooner?
  • Options
    i would hardly call that 'losing it'
  • Options
    that video posted by John boy is only a small clip of the press conference. He was worse than that in parts and definitely lost it.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

colthe3rd said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You a closet Gooner?
    Yes.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

Please enlighten me.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

Please enlighten me.
    I'm fairly sure that isn't possible.
  • Options
    Arsenal are the biggest landlord in the immediate vicinity of the Emirates, owning the land that surrounds the stadium on both sides of the Holloway Road. As well as building a whole new development right beside the stadium. They are absolutely minted.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

Please enlighten me.
    Oh dear, are you not getting enough mate ?

"I’m angry because when you give wrong information like that. There’s not only wrong information behind that. See what I mean?"

"Look, I have been accused of not taking seriously the FA Cup on Saturday. I have won four times the FA Cup"

I got it wrong he's a veritable poet. 16 years of handling the British press on a daily basis, facing supporters regularly and working with players where the common language in England is assumedly English and I would have thought his sentence construction would have been better by now. But WTF do I know (or care).

And no my linguistic skills are thin but then again I don't handle the British press on a daily basis, face supporters regularly and work with players where the common language in England is assumedly English.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not heard the word pillock for ages!
  • Options
    Can't see him leaving unless the resigns. The Arsenal board are never going to sack him because it'll cost them too much money getting a replacement.

If they don't get top 4 this season though, I can see him resigning. Only issue is the lack of quality replacements.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Pillicock - ancient Norweigen for penis apparantly.
  • Options
    Wenger is an ideal Manager of Arsenal in the eyes of the Directors and owner of the club.He spends money like it is his own,he delivers Champions League football most of the time.He brings in players like Fabregas,Van Persie etc and sells them for large profits,Wiltshire will be the next one to go.Arsenal seem to be stuck in a rut of thinking Fourth is good enough.I admire Arsene Wenger a lot with his ethos on football,but I think it has gone stale there.Would love to see what Mourinho could do there,but never likely to happen.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

Please enlighten me.

"I’m angry because when you give wrong information like that. There’s not only wrong information behind that. See what I mean?"

"Look, I have been accused of not taking seriously the FA Cup on Saturday. I have won four times the FA Cup"

I got it wrong he's a veritable poet. 16 years of handling the British press on a daily basis, facing supporters regularly and working with players where the common language in England is assumedly English and I would have thought his sentence construction would have been better by now. But WTF do I know (or care).

And no my linguistic skills are thin but then again I don't handle the British press on a daily basis, face supporters regularly and work with players where the common language in England is assumedly English.
    I suppose that means that every British manager, who deals with the press every day has the equivalent of a masters in the English language?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

Please enlighten me.

I suppose that means that every British manager, who deals with the press every day has the equivalent of a masters in the English language?
    Strange would you not think it if English managers like Yoda started speaking?

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

Please enlighten me.

Dowie does remind me of William Blake
  • Options
    wenger is a total twat all gooners (what the f**k is that word GOONER?) need burning anyone from Sarf London who even has the remotest atom of support for these GloryHuntingWankers needs to f++k off to a North London post code ----just lucky petrol is so naffing expensive these days.

and yes his English is shit
  • Options
    The voice of reason.
  • Options

wenger is a total twat all gooners (what the f**k is that word GOONER?) need burning anyone from Sarf London who even has the remotest atom of support for these GloryHuntingWankers needs to f++k off to a North London post code ----just lucky petrol is so naffing expensive these days.

and yes his English is shit

Still not sure if your a joke account or not, either way you make me laugh, even if not in the way you mean to. :-)