Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options
    edited February 1
    redbuttle said:
    My second favourite ever Charlton player.
    Second only to Killer, by the way. Met him twice. Lovely bloke.
    My two biggest regrets in 58 years supporting Charlton, selling Killer & giving away Yann. At least we got a decent fee for Killer. Not that we spent much of it on the team. ( Dick Tydeman & Hugh McAuley I think)  

Relegations & shit football I can take but losing those two  :'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Remember him coming back as a Reading player and scoring for fun against us. Looked almost apologetic at how easy it was to demolish us. 
    Funny we were in Belgium that afternoon.

• Options
    Everyone needs to relax a little - the amount of god worship of Yann is a little bit overboard.  He was excellent for us but he was here less than 3 years and I think nostalgia is exaggerating what he actually was.  From the comments on here, you would have thought he was Messi and had played at the club for 10 years.
    Yeah and fuck Scott Carson, Jorge Costa , the one season wonders….
  • Options
    Everyone needs to relax a little - the amount of god worship of Yann is a little bit overboard.  He was excellent for us but he was here less than 3 years and I think nostalgia is exaggerating what he actually was.  From the comments on here, you would have thought he was Messi and had played at the club for 10 years.
    There's a reason for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nostalgia's not what it used to be.
  • Options
    Did anyone know that Kazenga Lualua is his brother in lua?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 15
    RC_CAFC said:
    Rizzo said:
    Remember him coming back as a Reading player and scoring for fun against us. Looked almost apologetic at how easy it was to demolish us. 
    & half the Covered End standing up to applaud the Great Yann
    Closest I’ve ever got to a fight at the valley that day. The guy infront of me couldn’t stand the fact that I stood up and applauded Yann when he scored his goals that day. 
    Sanogo put him to shame that day. *runs off*
  • Options
    Did anyone know that Kazenga Lualua is his brother in law?
    It's there any truth in this? I could only see a Wikipedia entry, and some recent quotes using the same wording as the Wikipedia entry.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Rizzo said:
    Closest I’ve ever got to a fight at the valley that day. The guy infront of me couldn’t stand the fact that I stood up and applauded Yann when he scored his goals that day. The best and my favourite player since the premier league days. How in Gods name we managed to get him to sign for a league 1 club is beyond me.
    The 'Powell effect' and probably the offer of a nice salary
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Rizzo said:
    Closest I’ve ever got to a fight at the valley that day. The guy infront of me couldn’t stand the fact that I stood up and applauded Yann when he scored his goals that day. The best and my favourite player since the premier league days. How in Gods name we managed to get him to sign for a league 1 club is beyond me.
    The 'Powell effect' and probably the offer of a nice salary

If Yann had scored his audacious panenka pen in the playoff final his career in England may have continued in the Championship or Premier  with Leicester the following season. (Depending on the outcome of shootout if Yann had scored )

Just like with Jones coming to Cafc in League 1 after a couple of "failures" higher up the leagues then we were fortunate that Chris Powell was assistant to Pearson at Leicester and would've been the guy who put a shoulder around Yann when Leicester fans were full of opprobrium for him.
  • Options
    Yes a terrible decision. I still say that I was the first public speaking protester of that regime at the meeting with Meire and Powell a couple of days before the Sheffield quarter final, after which Powell got sacked.

I raged at her for selling Yann, a club talisman to a smaller club. Murray sneered back that they were now run by a Russian Oligarch, whilst Meire advised that this was Roland 's club and we had to allow him to run it his way.

Unbelievably I got heckled by the former fans Director, Barry the grocer, for sounding ungrateful about the takeover!

My avatar is from that fateful meeting. The only positive out of it was meeting @Covered End that evening. A couple of years later  we're on the coach to St Truiden protesting against the mad Belgium.
    You spoke brilliantly that night and showed Murray up in the light he decided to sit in.

Why Mick Gebbert decided to say you were out of order and pretty much apologised to Meire was a real headscratcher 
  • Options
    follett said:
    Named my dog Yannie and always love answering when people question the unique name. A true great on and off the pitch
    I called mine reza 
    I done the same when we signed anil koc. Though shouting cock where r u in the local woods wasn’t the best idea