Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket priority arrangements for Brighton away (2013)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Ground holds 28k, they're crowds are decent but usually 3k to 5k below capacity.

The ground is being expanded at the moment, so the capacity now might not be the same as it was early in the season. Brighton gates tend to be very healthy when compared to the rest of the division.
  • Options
    It can't be that bad.

There is a 22.33 direct from Brighton to London Bridge (23.45). You could get a Lewes one at 22.40 and end up on that.

You must be able to get from the ground back to Brighton station by 1030, surely ?

There is also a 23.11 back to LB (00.21), and a 23.37 (00.51).
  • Options
    How do you get back to Brighton for 22.30 ? It's 4 miles. Cab ? Unlikely ?

Re the 23.11, I can't get home from London Bridge if I get that.
  • Options
    Travelodge......sorted!! ;-)
  • Options
    reading that, am now thinking V Express and hip flask.
  • Options
    yeah i mean i cant see it taking 45 minutes to get 4 miles down the road altho it is a possibility that it could go to pot
  • Options

There are two trains back from Falmer that would let you get the 22.33, one at 22.00 and another 20 mins later.

If you miss both of those, then you're fall back is get one of the later trains back from Brighton in time to get the 00.56 from London Bridge back to Chislehurst as a last resort.

• Options
    solution - move to East Sussex and get your wife to drop you outside the ground and then pick you up again afterwards. Sorted.
  • Options

There are two trains back from Falmer that would let you get the 22.33, one at 22.00 and another 20 mins later.

If you miss both of those, then you're fall back is get one of the later trains back from Brighton in time to get the 00.56 from London Bridge back to Chislehurst as a last resort.

I agree, I think the last resort option, is what is going to happen. Ie I'll end up getting off at E Croydon or going back to Grove Park or Chislehurst & get home from there. The point I'm making is it possibly won't be easy to get home to your local station such as Sidcup, Bexley, Bromley etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The station is right by the ground according to football grounds guide, So get the 22:00 to Brighton then 22.19 to London Victoria which gets you back there for 23.13. easy as that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah getting back to Maidstone will be virtually impossible by train, hence we will make a night of it.
  • Options
    I work directly opposite the AMEX and the queues for trains after the match shouldn't be underestimated. I think you have almost zero chance of getting back to Brighton for half ten. I would recommend the park and ride or supporters club coaches if you can, buses and trains back to Brighton will be an absolute nightmare.

I have a parking space at my office so I'm OK, and even though I guarantee there'll be a load of spaces in my work car park they have security guards and barriers up all round the place so you won't be able to get in - the university campus parking goes into lockdown on matchday.

Unfortunately I'll have a full car otherwise I would have offered a couple of lucky people a lift back to Brighton. If for some reason I end up having spaces I'll post on here nearer the time.
  • Options

I work directly opposite the AMEX and the queues for trains after the match shouldn't be underestimated. I think you have almost zero chance of getting back to Brighton for half ten. I would recommend the park and ride or supporters club coaches if you can, buses and trains back to Brighton will be an absolute nightmare.

I have a parking space at my office so I'm OK, and even though I guarantee there'll be a load of spaces in my work car park they have security guards and barriers up all round the place so you won't be able to get in - the university campus parking goes into lockdown on matchday.

Unfortunately I'll have a full car otherwise I would have offered a couple of lucky people a lift back to Brighton. If for some reason I end up having spaces I'll post on here nearer the time.

Is the que bad for both platforms?
  • Options
    thought they might do extended valley away service for this game?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Palace fans were apparently kettled, held for 40 minutes and then walked back up the A27/23

40 minute wait for the train at Falmer? You'll be lucky if you are there for a 1 hour 40 minutes.

After seeing the queue for the train station I though f*** this and went back into the ground for a few beers. Must have been in there for an hour. There was still a HUGE queue when I came back out.

How they can keep expanding that stadium whilst transport is a joke is beyond me.
  • Options
    It is shite that it's been moved to a Tuesday. Gonna have to get a lift down after work, what is seriously going to happen between Charlton and Brighton if a 3pm kickoff? Yeah people might go early for a drink but all there'd be is a couple more of the highly original 'you're all gay lol' type chants.

Annoying as well as I've got a couple of uni mates down there who I would have been able to meet were it a normal kickoff.
  • Options
    maestro said:

TelMc32 said:

Palace fans were apparently kettled, held for 40 minutes and then walked back up the A27/23

40 minute wait for the train at Falmer? You'll be lucky if you are there for a 1 hour 40 minutes.

After seeing the queue for the train station I though f*** this and went back into the ground for a few beers. Must have been in there for an hour. There was still a HUGE queue when I came back out.

How they can keep expanding that stadium whilst transport is a joke is beyond me.

It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to your handling of our fans Nigel! ;-)
  • Options
    maestro said:

TelMc32 said:

So how did you get back to London then?
  • Options

maestro said:

TelMc32 said:

So how did you get back to London Surrey then?
  • Options
    It's not so much Charlton v Brighton. It's more half of London descending onto Brighton for the bank holiday plus a load of football fans on the piss all day/night.

They'll be stretched enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    What is Brighton nightlife like on a Tuesday night is it worth getting a cheap hotel and going out on the lash or will everything be shut by midnight?
  • Options
    Think Wednesday is traditionally the student night there, but my mates at Sussex Uni say that pretty much monday-thursdays is decent enough as its a lot cheaper during the week.
  • Options
    It'll be the easter holidays though, students might've gone home for a couple of weeks
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

What is Brighton nightlife like on a Tuesday night is it worth getting a cheap hotel and going out on the lash or will everything be shut by midnight?

Digital is open for C.U.Next Tuesday. One of the best sound systems in the country but likely to be a very young crowd

• Options
    Croydon said:

Nicholas said:

Digital is open for C.U.Next Tuesday. One of the best sound systems in the country but likely to be a very young crowd

Also all the main pubs in the centre will be open till 1am. Fishbowl possibly slightly later.

Platinum Lace will be open till 4am too but that could make it a very expensive night!

The clubs will be very young on a Tuesday night, not necessarily a bad thing if you're young yourself!
  • Options

Is the que bad for both platforms?
    Not sure about the East bound trains, would have thought it's not as bad. Falmer Station is tiny, it's probably smaller than Charlton. Now imagine that the Valley is in the middle of the field and everyone in the ground is going back via it. I seriously think walking down the Lewes Road and jumping on a local bus/local taxi might be the best bet. Will still take a good hour to get to Brighton station though.

• Options
    I think most of the trains are 4 carriages only. It is an absolute nightmare after a game. Public transport is the one thing they haven't sorted out and is only going to get worse with the ground expansion.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    West Sussex CASC are considering running a coach for this game but it would depend on the demand.
    IF it is a goer It would start in Portchester (Fareham) pick ups on the A27 at Chichester A27 (TBA) Worthing A27 (Lyons Farm), Lancing A27 (Leisure Centre) and West Hove (Sainsburys) Pick up Times TBA. Cost around 10-15 depending on pick up point and total numbers.

If you are interested PM me and let me know as we will be making a decision ASAP if it is viable.

BC
  • Options

Stayed in the traveloge in brighton at the weekend. wouldnt recommend it but if ocearrrrnooos is your sort of thing then thats right next door.

• Options

Stayed in the traveloge in brighton at the weekend. wouldnt recommend it but if ocearrrrnooos is your sort of thing then thats right next door.

Was you in the sea-front one or the other one Karim?
    To be be honest it will purely be used as a roof over our heads. Won't be spending more than a few hours sleep in there.
    Think we went to Oceana a reward years back after a madness concert - I'm in no rush to return.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!