Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket priority arrangements for Brighton away (2013)

Comments

• Options
    Jarman said:

Anyone know if we are getting the extra 600 or 1300 as people have mentioned?

Yeah the commercial centre most likely know.
    Won't tell anyone until next week, mind.
    Were saying this morning that there will be no more.
  • Options

Found a problem with the subsidised travel:

Train travel, within the subsidised zone, is included within your match ticket package between 11.30am and 9pm (3pm kick-off) or between 4.15pm and midnight (7.45pm kick-off).

Where's the problem?
  • Options

Capacity is set to reach 30,000 in January and, far from feeling the pinch of the recession, Barber revealed that Brighton have managed to entice thousands of fans to arrive early and stay late for each game - spending more money at the club all the time.

"This is a great place to watch football and we are keen to get people here for the day out," he said.

"We are in the entertainment business and we are trying to give people an all-round package. The majority of fans arrive and depart using public transport, and they recognise that if 30,000 people want to leave the stadium all at once it is going to be difficult.

"The stadium is designed to allow people to hang around after the game, enjoy something to eat, have a few drinks and for the kids to be able to run around and play in the wide concourses.

"We have people staying after the game in their thousands.

"We keep the bars open, we don't have a set closing time. We want people to feel like they can relax and stay at their leisure."

People stay after the game because you can't get 25,000 people onto a train with 4 carriages :-)

Are they serious ,people come from all over the country to watch their club play in a purpose built modern stadium which has been designed in a way that you have to hang around for hours because you cant get home.

Try telling that to Southern Trains.
  • Options
    Anyone bought train tickets for this yet and if so how much were they?

• Options

Found a problem with the subsidised travel:

Train travel, within the subsidised zone, is included within your match ticket package between 11.30am and 9pm (3pm kick-off) or between 4.15pm and midnight (7.45pm kick-off).

Where's the problem?
    You can't use that to get to Brighton if going before 4:15pm

If anyone gets a spare ticket then let me know
  • Options
    Some good bargains if staying overnight, schools out so taking my son, we got the train for £30:10 (for both of us) return from Knebworth and a hotel (town centre Premier Inn) for £35 including breakfast. Also an U10 ticket for Georgie which was a bonus, really looking forward to this, last visit for me was the Goldstone Ground in early 90's when that Susanne Vega/Fatboy slim song was in the charts
  • Options
    I can't find a train (travelling from London mid afternoon and returning after the game) for less than £35. This can't be right, it's only costing £40 to go to Middlesbrough!!

Any train price advice greatfully received.
  • Options
    Might fall under peak times, some trainlines have an afternoon/evening one as well as morning. Travelling from London to Peterborough last week it would have been £99 (!) for a full adult after 3:40pm.
  • Options
    Hmm a travel card from down here up to London is about £25 off peak I believe... but not sure if you can buy them online.
  • Options
    Actually ignore that, i've now found (much) cheaper tickets providing we travel before 4pm. Works out about £11 each. Bargain!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't find a train (travelling from London mid afternoon and returning after the game) for less than £35. This can't be right, it's only costing £40 to go to Middlesbrough!!

Any train price advice greatfully received.

Train from Barnehurst to Brighton arriving at 15:15 and returning at 22:30 bought for £16.75. Got a gold card rail ticket. Used the website, Red Spotted Hanky. Walking to the ground and half walk/taxi on way back.
  • Options
    If anyone can help me get a ticket, I can offer a lift back to Gatwick!
  • Options

Hmm a travel card from down here up to London is about £25 off peak I believe... but not sure if you can buy them online.

But it wouldn't work in the opposite direction
  • Options
    Saw the goals on Sky last night and it looked like Palace had the entire end behind the goal, looked a lot more than 2k. Anyone know how many tickets they were given?
  • Options
    3,000 i think
  • Options
    Buying a ticket and sitting amoungst the "home fans", Lol, this comment wipes out most of what has been written on here for the last week.

• Options
    Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not. I am only guessing this is the case. Coach from West Sussex still has availability if anyone wants to get on board from Fareham Chichester Worthing Portslade (West of Brighton)
  • Options
    i have 1 spare adult 28.00 plus a quid booking fee would neet to meet the person before bolton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bc_addick said:

Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not.

Surely in view of the fact we sold 2k in about a week and that Brighton now have tickets on general sale (which you would assume are for the area next to us), then an agreement could've been reached for us to take some more?
    I have one so don't really care, but it still seems bizarre that in 2013, simple things can't be worked out.
  • Options

bc_addick said:

Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not.

Surely in view of the fact we sold 2k in about a week and that Brighton now have tickets on general sale (which you would assume are for the area next to us), then an agreement could've been reached for us to take some more?
    I have one so don't really care, but it still seems bizarre that in 2013, simple things can't be worked out.
    AND the fact that the club built up a lengthy (so the lady told me) waiting list for the game of people who couldnt get tickets.
  • Options
    I was told on Saturday that there is a possibility of more tickets, Brighton are contemplating moving season ticket holders to accomodate this.
  • Options
    Allot of fat people have bought tickets, hence taking up the extra seats which now can't be sold.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Allot of fat people have bought tickets, hence taking up the extra seats which now can't be sold.

I knew it would be my fault LA :-)

• Options
    don't think i've ever seen a fat Charlton fan.
  • Options
    bc_addick said:

Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not. I am only guessing this is the case. Coach from West Sussex still has availability if anyone wants to get on board from Fareham Chichester Worthing Portslade (West of Brighton)

Paying up front is a Premier League thing. Never known it in the FL.

I am suspicious that the club didn't press the case for more tickets hard enough. Sometimes it's not enough to do it at ticket manager level and I doubt anyone with responsibility above the commercial centre either understands or cares, but having said that the demand was less than I anticipated so it's not a perfect science.
  • Options
    I have booked a hotel in Brighton but whilst I am Valley Gold, my wife and son are just season ticket holders, so I can only get 2 tickets in the first wave. I'll need to wait for the second wave to get our three. Would be annoying if I miss out. I thought there wouldn't be a problem getting tickets!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Airman Brown"><blockquote class="Quote" rel="bc_addick">Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not. I am only guessing this is the case. Coach from West Sussex still has availability if anyone wants to get on board from Fareham Chichester Worthing Portslade (West of Brighton) </blockquote>

Paying up front is a Premier League thing. Never known it in the FL.

I am suspicious that the club didn't press the case for more tickets hard enough. Sometimes it's not enough to do it at ticket manager level and I doubt anyone with responsibility above the commercial centre either understands or cares, but having said that the demand was less than I anticipated so it's not a perfect science.</blockquote>

I have a mate who wants to take his two sons and i am sure there are a number of others in a similar situation. game is during the Easter break for kids and still 14 days to go so even if they gave us another batch of say, 500 pretty sure they'd be renewed interest what with people desperate to see a win and it seems going away is the only way to do it. surely 500 more would sell.

christ, can't they give you your job back AB.
  • Options
    My prediction is....... watch this space. Game is 2 weeks today and I believe we could be given a few more yet. (taps side of nose knowingly) :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!