Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival

Anyone going this year? Best week of the year for me! 11 days not that I'm counting...

Comments

• Options
    Going on the friday , I love it !
  • Options
    Go every year, Tuesday this year for me. Always think that's the best day. Gold Cup day is ridiculous plus there is no real star this year.

Sir Des Champs to win the GC if ground stays ok
    Fly to get beat in the Champ Hurdle.
    Peddlers Cross e/w in World Hurdle at a price.
    Sprintre Sacre is nailed.
  • Options
    Going Tuesday and Wednesday, the best two days racing imo. Friday is just a joke these days.
  • Options
    Going Tuesday.
  • Options
    See you there then S.
  • Options
    09.48 from Paddington and you ?
  • Options
    went on the friday couple of years ago. was a joke, far too busy, far too many excited irish. wont be going on the friday again.
  • Options
    Yes, we went on Friday. You literally can't move. I don't know how I managed to get so pished considering the scrambles at the bars. A concerted effort !
  • Options
    MTOY in Supreme's. Taken 10's all the way down to 15/8. Usual scenario for me, first race decides my whole Chelters!
  • Options
    Going on the Thursday can't wait
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supreme is dangerous. Always one that gets piled into, normally by the Oirish.
  • Options
    Dunguib & Cue Card 2 that stuffed me in the Supreme's. Had darlan last year, I'm sure my tent or yours will go onto just as good things as darlan was set for
  • Options
    Dunguib is a horse that haunts me
  • Options
    Where is he now?! His form prior to his Supreme's mare was top notch
  • Options

09.48 from Paddington and you ?

0815 so I'll be a couple of pints ahead of you....
  • Options
    The Supreme Novices Hurdle is a great race, a brilliant way to start things off. However there have been plenty of very short priced favourites that have faltered. In fact not since Brave Inca in 2004 no favourite has won. Some of the favourites prices have been ridiculous as each years “sure thing” has not triumphed. Cue Card and Cousin Vinny spring to mind. Dunguib, who actually went off odds-on had a remarkable record having won 8 in a row including the Bumper at the previous festival, was probably the only one who justified the hype, but still lost.
    Always a keenly run race for young hurdlers and with that huge roar of the crowd it has thrown up some big price winners. If you fancy a horse at Cheltenham don’t be put off by long-odds. The number of favourites that win at the festival is surprisingly low.

Here is how the favs in the Supreme Novice have fared since Brav Inca won:

2012 Galieos Choice 6/1 7th
    2011 Cue Card 7/4 4th
    2010 Dunguib 4/5f 3rd
    2009 Cousin Vinny 9/4 5th
    2008 3 Co Favs Binocular 2nd, Pigeon Island 11th, Muirhead 12th
    2007 Ameratto Rose 2/1 3rd
    2006 Sweet Wake 5/2 5th
    2005 Marcel 13/2 13th

I am a big follower of trends in racing and especially at the festival, and so I won't be backing My Tent or Yours!
  • Options
    Be gutted if Jezki misses the supreme, it will take a good horse to beat him, if he races.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jezki was my original hope, form of his last win really hasn't been done much good though. Won well last time with a bit to spare and impressive on the eye but I seriously think my tent or yours will be a special horse
  • Options
    Whatever race Coverholder is in, then he looks a good bet
  • Options
    Captain Chris is silly price for GC, Rupert Patrick riding a lot more over the water for WM than here for PN at mo.
  • Options
    Is there a dress code in the best mate enclosure? most people wear suits still?
  • Options
    Mike said:

No dress code in Best Mate Enc. No real dress code at all at Cheltenham, it's not Royal Ascot. In the Club Enclosure most tend to dress smartish, ie no jeans or trainers and most wear a collared shirt and jacket.
  • Options
    Although you can tell the Irish a mile off.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Mike said:

No dress code in Best Mate Enc. No real dress code at all at Cheltenham, it's not Royal Ascot. In the Club Enclosure most tend to dress smartish, ie no jeans or trainers and most wear a collared shirt and jacket.
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    In case anyones interested if you have a Betfred account they are offering a free £10 bet if you place a £10 ante post bet. see link for terms

http://www.betfred.com/horse-racing-centre/cheltenham/cheltenham-festival-offers?mred=http://content.betfred.com/horseracing/cheltenham/index.html
  • Options
    Any dead cert tips?
  • Options
    Sprinter Sacre in The Queen Mother Champion Chase on Wednesday is a lot of peoples "Banker". It's odds-on though.